Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
A behind closed doors presentation of Dragon Commander @ Gamescom surfaced today, courtesy of Kanobu.ru, a major Russian portal.

They approached it quite professionally & thoroughly, so it's definitely worth a look, especially if you want to hear how Farhang dubbed in Russian sounds smile

Go here to view the presentation.

old hand
old hand
Very nice footage.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
veteran
veteran
I had the *wish* to hear Farhang dubbed in Russian sounds ...
... but I couldn't understand a word :hihi:

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
stranger
stranger
Excellent presentation of the game, just what I was looking for. Thank you.

Errors in spelling? Google is guilty
(Language of the inscriptions - Russian))
stranger
stranger
I think the presentation is good. I remembered about Mount&Blade.
General 1 selected.
Infantry, hear me!

Click to reveal..
I do not know English enough to speak right
veteran
veteran
The actual presenter is talking in English - would it be possible to get a version of this video without the Russian dub?

EDIT: Wait - I have the feeling that I've ALREADY seen this presentation before.

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
just what I was looking for. Thank you.

W
stranger
stranger
W
Hmmm? Thats not a very interactive command ship, if they only way you are going to navigate it is with a menu which lets you choose which room you want to go to. What would have been impressive would have been a full interactive command ship which let you walk the corridors and interact with people like the Normandy in Mass Effect.

Also a avatar character creator like the one in EVE Online really sets the standard for modern games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOA8am-6kwA

Support
Support

That was an early version of the game being shown in the presentation, so the interface and design for the interior of The Raven were not necessarily finalized. Dragon Commander was initially prototyped/developed using the DKS engine, but it has since been moved to a new engine. There should be a video released by the end of the month, with more around E3, so we will eventually get another look at the interior of The Raven.

Blog post: What’s going on with Dragon Commander?

Do characters not wear armour in EVE Online? (don't know if it is all ship to ship combat) I went through the character customization options in DKS, but after you get your first helmet, IMO there isn't much difference based on your selections, other than voice.

In Dragon Commander the customization should be much more visible than in DKS, though, as you will not be fighting as a human (no need to be covered with armour) and dragon equipment should be more of an enhancement to the dragon form.

Welcome to the forum. wave

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by wijse
Hmmm? Thats not a very interactive command ship, if they only way you are going to navigate it is with a menu which lets you choose which room you want to go to. What would have been impressive would have been a full interactive command ship which let you walk the corridors and interact with people like the Normandy in Mass Effect.

Also a avatar character creator like the one in EVE Online really sets the standard for modern games.

Honestly, I would be surprised if we ever actually saw the commander's face. I'm not sure that the game would be hurt if you never saw the Dragon Commander. Walking around would be nice, maybe, but if the only time you get to walk is around the ship, eventually you might get bored and just want to warp from room to room.

Originally Posted by Stabbey
Honestly, I would be surprised if we ever actually saw the commander's face. I'm not sure that the game would be hurt if you never saw the Dragon Commander. Walking around would be nice, maybe, but if the only time you get to walk is around the ship, eventually you might get bored and just want to warp from room to room.

I think walking around the ship would be important to give the player a sense of place and, dare I say it, immersion. If it's just a glorified menu screen navigated by a disembodied entity (who is supposed to be the player character), I think there would be a disconnect. And so the incentive to roleplay would be diminished and the temptation to just min/max the system would increase.

Also, Dragon Knights are not full dragons. I think it would be... important... to show the Dragon Knight outside of combat in order to demonstrate that, well, they're not full dragons.

Though speaking of combat, I wouldn't mind if the Dragon Commander was not dragon-shaped all the time. Maybe when assaulting a rival's castle or something, the available space becomes too small for the dragon form to fit. Something like that.

M
addict
addict
M
Like the flying fortresses maybe ?

Btw, weren't we supposed to have some news about the game or am I wrong ?
(Where is the propaganda director when you need him ?)

apprentice
apprentice
I think it would be rather cheap to not ever see your characters face at all.

Also Has it been confirmed that you can be a male or a female yet I have a slight thought that it has but my memories out of whack today, anyway i doubt larian would limit our customization at simply our gender

Being scared of something is being uneducated
Support
Support

They said they would look at the possibility of including an option on gender (with the added work that would involve with the dialogue and alignment system), but AFAIK have not announced anything definitive.

apprentice
apprentice
ah ok so its a possible that gender is a choice thats cool

i just realized they would have to do alot more work with adding princes

veteran
veteran
Those are some good points, I wouldn't object if you could walk around your flagship. They still could put in a Dragon Stone type menu to let you teleport to another part of the ship if you didn't feel like walking.

Fighting in human form sounds like it could be trickier to balance, and this game seems to be built around fighting in Dragon form. I'm not saying that it would be a bad thing, but that would be resources would need to be put into ground-based enemies, and raises more questions: would the human-form have stats and skills? Equipment? Each one of those things you say yes to would increase the amount of resources that would need to be spent on that area. I definitely wouldn't mind if combat was only in Dragon form.

What would be cool though is if you entered the combat arenas by taking a running leap off of your flagship and transforming.

Given all the dialogue apparently in the game, letting the player play a female and having to record lines for new Prince characters could be a nightmare.

What would be cool though is if you entered the combat arenas by taking a running leap off of your flagship and transforming.

Couldn't agree more.

Given all the dialogue apparently in the game, letting the player play a female and having to record lines for new Prince characters could be a nightmare.

Sadly true. Still, if the blog is to be believed, Larian may just be insanely devoted enough to do it.

(Also alternative lines for certain Princess characters. And alternative lines for certain Prince characters.)

old hand
old hand
I too would like there to be an option to play a female dragon knight but right now I find myself just wanting it to be released already grin

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by wijse

Mass effect was funded by Microsoft for the first game & EA for the second & third both are big companys. Larian is a small inderpendant company & they are funding the creation of DC themselfs so frankly I thing there attempts are admerable.

apprentice
apprentice
Larian, you know if you need some Multiplayer beta testers you have A LOT of volunteers wink

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ForkTong, Issh, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard