Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
addict
OP Offline
addict
UPS dropped this off today! Awesome game so far!

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
old hand
old hand
I need to pick this up soon as.
UK Release tomorrow.

veteran
veteran
I read on another forum if you kill or do something other dirty trick people of a village become hostile and you can't do quests in that village ... nice to read ... remember me of Divine Divinity !

Only wondering if you can make them back (more) friendly in some way or not ? wink

I haven't bought this game, but I have the feeling this game is maybe more fun for me than many other RPG's like Skyrim, Risen, The Witcher, etc ... only the Divinity games are for ones and always my favorite RPG's number 1 !! smile

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
enthusiast
enthusiast
Played the demo on the PS3, liking it from what I have seen of the time limited first area. Huge game world to explore and plenty of quests to do. Yes it is true that it is possible to make people hate you and loose quests which is nice.

Bad points is it is buggy; got a lot of graphical problems such as textures incorrect or whole areas black with just odd structures around. Going in / out of houses etc fixed it for a while. Hope the full version does not do this. This was on the PS3. On the PC it runs but you can't see anything apart from tne menu and certain environmental objects repeating as you move.

Seems to be a common issue kinda looks like this:-
http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/2013/reckoning3.png

I don't know to buy the PS3 or PC version or not at all, might wait a while and see. The grphical glitches would make it unplayable for me. Googling the subject seems the full version has problems too.

Last edited by Arokh; 25/02/12 03:54 PM.

By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!

Arokh's Lair - Drakan & Severance: Blade of Darkness forums - https://www.arokhslair.net

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Arokh
Played the demo on the PS3, liking it from what I have seen of the time limited first area. Huge game world to explore and plenty of quests to do. Yes it is true that it is possible to make people hate you and loose quests which is nice.

Bad points is it is buggy; got a lot of graphical problems such as textures incorrect or whole areas black with just odd structures around. Going in / out of houses etc fixed it for a while. Hope the full version does not do this. This was on the PS3. On the PC it runs but you can't see anything apart from tne menu and certain environmental objects repeating as you move.

Seems to be a common issue kinda looks like this:-
http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/2013/reckoning3.png

I don't know to buy the PS3 or PC version or not at all, might wait a while and see. The grphical glitches would make it unplayable for me. Googling the subject seems the full version has problems too.

Those issues are not present in the final build...
DEMO build was over 3 Months Old, reviews have reinforced this.
So you'll be say to buy either, I've not run into any bugs tbh.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Thanks for the info. Ill probably be going for the PS3 version.

Arokh's Lair - Drakan & Severance: Blade of Darkness forums - https://www.arokhslair.net

veteran
veteran
IF I buy Amaular I go for the Xbox version.

But I still doubt to buy it, I don't know why ...

Maybe because of "time" ?
And as long as I've fun with DKS, why should I buy & play other rpg's ?
I've only 2 hands & two eyes :hihi:

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
A
veteran
veteran
A
I read that the demo was forked from the main game and additional programmers just made it runable.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
enthusiast
enthusiast
This is what is putting me off buying the PC version. If I get the game will it run on my hardware? At least if I get the PS3 version I know it will work.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Arokh
This is what is putting me off buying the PC version. If I get the game will it run on my hardware? At least if I get the PS3 version I know it will work.

And for me the same wink ... but for X360 .

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Elliot_Kane
My thoughts? It will require Origin on PC, and thus is an automatic skip, for me.

Same as for me . I hate Steam or Origin or other activation procedures because I haven't a connection in my home computer smirk

veteran
veteran
I read on another forum :
this game has NO manual within it's box (on paper) frown how "poor" ,

but a ingame manual ... pfff ....

addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Joram
I read on another forum :
this game has NO manual within it's box (on paper) frown how "poor" ,

but a ingame manual ... pfff ....

Welcome to the lame future. I bought a Vita and there's nothing except the game cart in the cases. frown

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
A
veteran
veteran
A
I'm not surprised. No handbook = no financial losses.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
veteran
veteran
Yeah, they can have more money for themself ....
"They can spend the money on drink & girls :hihi: ... but that's just a suggestion" *

signed , Champion Richard from Aleroth .
wink

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard