Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I've a problem I'm afraid I can't solve it ... maybe it's impossible to find ever a solution !
The worst thing is that I always forget that I've this problem so I still buy other rpg's "thinking" I gonna have a new funny & awesome time playing them ! But each time it's a disillusionment !

The "problem" is that I always start playing again & again a game of the Divnity Universe !
The good thing is I've always back a lovely time playing a Divinity game ! smile

I really can't stop playing the Divnity games & even my mind is full with Divinity related stuff as their are the npc's, many quests, bags of loot, tons of humour, ... etc etc ....

Now, it's enough !!!! mad
I must immediately stop buying new rpg's that do not take place in the Divnity Universe !
I sell away all the other rpg's and with all the incoming money I can buy for sure at least 2 new games of the fantastic game studio that is Larian Studios from Belgium ! claphands

Long live the Divinity Universe and long live Larian Studios ! smile

So you can read I'm indeed Soul-forged with the Divinity Universe, but I wonder :

Am I the only one ?

Or have someone the same problem like me with the Divinity games or another game or set of games ?

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
old hand
old hand
I like many different games..

Support
Support

I would be willing to give other games a chance, but any moderately recent demo I've tried on the Xbox has had smaller text than DKS (which I find readable, though a tad larger would have been nice and my CRT TV made red text a little blurry), and some games that I would have tried didn't have a demo. I think I will need to wait until I build a new computer to play other games, as a larger TV is way down on my list of priorities (the one I have will have to break to get replaced, or I'll need to win the lottery).

veteran
veteran
I play ridiculous numbers of games. I don't think even a single genre owns me, never mind a single game.

Please click the banner...
Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
oops
So maybe I'm the only one who can't stop playing again & again & again & again & ... you know what I'm repeating biggrin

But serious, I'm really Soul-forged with the Divinity games !
Other rpg's can't hold my attention for longer than a handful of seconds before my mind start thinking of how much more fun it is to play a Divnity game !!

It's some kind of "Mind Control" ... I hope it do not start to become as a "Mardaneus-sick-in-the-head" situation hahaha
... or voices that start whispering in my head :
"Buy all the games of the Divnity Universe ... ! Buy them on release date ! Buy them, play them and don't stop playing them till the end of time !! "

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
old hand
old hand
no your not alone Joram, I have been soul forged with Final Fantasy.

I love my RPG's & I love Divinity but Final Fantasy is my true love when it come's to game's. Before you make me feel your wrath Joram it is not that I don't love Divinity because I do but Final Fantasy will always be first in my heart. The reason being is that if it weren't for Final Fantasy I wouldn't be here today. I owe Final Fantasy everything for saving me in a time of my life when I felt very lost confused & alone. That is why it will always be the game closest to my heart, I love RPG's of all kinds but Final Fantasy always calls me home. hug

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I'm happy for you that you have YOUR favorite game-story of the Final Fantasy's wink

On the moment I'm making a STOP playing games for a (short) time! Really.
And now the weather is fine, the sun is back in Belgium, I really wish to jump on my bicycle or do a walk searching for a quiet little place somewhere in Rivellon ... euhmm ... I mean Belgium, of the course :hihi:

I'm not sure how long it takes before I grab again the disc of the DKS and put it in my Xbox for a looong time enjoying & undergo the Soul forge with the Divinity Universe .... biggrin
The only game I'm now playing is "William's Pinball Arcade tables" toghether with my lovely girlfriend ... somethimes also a little bit too addictive hahaha

Not soul-forged, but I really enjoy replaying Divine Divinity from time to time; I never get tired of it. I always love the feeling of arriving at Veridistis ^_^

And for the other Divinity titles... I never finished Beyond Divinity, although I enjoyed it a lot. I started three playthroughs with different solutions for the "weird equipment" bug; but at the end, whenever I started the second chapter, the problem reappeared.

I love DKS, and I'm currently playing my second playthrough. I have minor issues with this game, so I don't like it as much as the first Divinity, so I probably wouldn't play it as much. But, I don't know. Maybe I try another one in the future, with some ranger inclined character ^_^ (the only one I haven't tried yet)

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
So, you've already tried playing a "Priest character" in DKS ? wink

I'm at the moment most Soul Forged with DKS ... maybe if my hero dies ... I, I real life, die also ....but being clever enough the do the trick, Damian does right before Lucian killed Ygerna, I can ... hahaha

Love to make my own Fantasy Story ... biggrin

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Joram
I've a problem I'm afraid I can't solve it ... maybe it's impossible to find ever a solution !
The worst thing is that I always forget that I've this problem so I still buy other rpg's "thinking" I gonna have a new funny & awesome time playing them ! But each time it's a disillusionment !

The "problem" is that I always start playing again & again a game of the Divnity Universe !
The good thing is I've always back a lovely time playing a Divinity game ! smile

I really can't stop playing the Divnity games & even my mind is full with Divinity related stuff as their are the npc's, many quests, bags of loot, tons of humour, ... etc etc ....

Now, it's enough !!!! mad
I must immediately stop buying new rpg's that do not take place in the Divnity Universe !
I sell away all the other rpg's and with all the incoming money I can buy for sure at least 2 new games of the fantastic game studio that is Larian Studios from Belgium ! claphands

Long live the Divinity Universe and long live Larian Studios ! smile

So you can read I'm indeed Soul-forged with the Divinity Universe, but I wonder :

Am I the only one ?

Or have someone the same problem like me with the Divinity games or another game or set of games ?

you are not the only one, before i played any of the divinity games, my favorite game was Spore, now after play divinty 2 the dragon knight saga spore is no longer my favorite game, and thats a bold statement :P

Nom nom nom Humans.

My Divinity 2 - The Dragon knight saga Lets Play on youtube:

First Episode: https://tinyurl.com/dyxgb4c
Playlist: https://tinyurl.com/bm7jxn7
Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
On this moment I've the feeling I can play DKS endlessly ! Forever and ever !
I believe only Divinity : Original Sin can change this because I'm so very excisted about that rpg !!! I wish & hope I can play that game on a laptop, even the feature wherein I can make own stories (game editor) !
It doesn't matter how long I must wait before I can buy a laptop that can handle the whole game "smooth enough" to enjoy it smile
Or I can upgrade my desktop pc with the necessary things (dual processor, more RAM, ..), but I've the feeling that cost me more money. And besides, I like to have the pro's of a laptop:
playing in the living room or somewhere else out of my home basement ... in the middle of nowhere hahaha

On this moment I also think I've found my ultimate build that give me plenty of fun & satisfaction ! And this time I must play with this female Warrior Priest on nightmare mode to the end of Flames of Vengeance !

So far the Soul-forge with DKS, with my female hero "Wirlpriesly", is grown to an absolutely top ! The a point of no return is already long time beyond this current moment ! ouch

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard