Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
Z
stranger
stranger
Z
I'm 40 hehe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Answer_to_The_Ultimate_Question_of_Life,_the_Universe,_and_Everything#Answer_to_the_Ultimate_Question_of_Life.2C_the_Universe.2C_and_Everything_.2842.29

addict
addict
Originally Posted by foobarry81
@dlux: I know it's YOUR vote, but I feel like that's not really the way it should go. I don't like how everyone on here tries to be the "better fan" of Larian or Divinity (like "I'm a fan since 1997 or something"). We are all fans, and we all want to make this happen. Actually we already did.

The decision is not based solely on the amount of kickstarter comments / forum comments. As you can see, I have added many other factors to the form, you still of course have a chance to win even if you did not pledge and have not chatted in comments section or used the forums before. Those who have will obviously have a better chance of winning though.

enthusiast
enthusiast

ready to emisserate (is that a word) when requested Tadaaa!

Last edited by dwelfusius; 24/04/13 05:06 PM.

"Dwelfusius | Were-axlotl of Original Sin"

Hardcorus RPGus PCus Extremus
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by dlux
The decision is not based solely on the amount of kickstarter comments / forum comments. As you can see, I have added many other factors to the form, you still of course have a chance to win even if you did not pledge and have not chatted in comments section or used the forums before. Those who have will obviously have a better chance of winning though.

So you didn't really bother reading my post. Fine. hehe

How are you going to decide who is the better contributor? Someone who posted 75 comments is better and stand a better chance than someone who posted 74? hehe

And if someone posted 75 comments but only pledged for $451, while someone else commented 33 times but pledged $500, then who is the "better" fan? hehe

Seriously, there is no end to that road...

Last edited by foobarry81; 24/04/13 05:07 PM.
addict
addict

So you didn't really bother reading my post. Fine. hehe

How are you going to decide who is the better contributor? Someone who posted 75 comments is better and stand a better chance than someone who posted 74? hehe

And if someone posted 75 comments but only pledged for $451, while someone else commented $33 but pledge $500, then who is the "better" fan? hehe

Seriously, there is no end to that road...

Yes, I think somebody like LordCrash or FalconBlack, who have shown enomourous amounts of support for this campaign deserve to go to the wrap party more than others.

People (like me) also base their decisions upon this, quite obviously. I'm sorry if you don't think that this is important and should not be considered at all.

enthusiast
enthusiast
oh sorry dlux I was posting when you eh..posted it..I concur it's a difficult job choosing and for me completely at random is also good (untill yesterday I had ZERO chance of seeing Larian Studios any time soon so a slim chance is better than none)

BUT this will not hold me back from trying to sell myself as best as i can (what is up with my english lately o.O)

Forum name: dwelfusius
kickstarter name: Dwelfusius | Were-axlotl of Original Sin
( if anybody is on other forums/groups active or on steam and just wants to have a chat/game,dwelfusius is kinda "my thing" xD if you find one it's bound to be me ) *insert sleezy banana here*
sex: female
Reason: because I really really want to ^^ I have no more right than anyone else to go and grant it to everyone, but maybe if possible it would be wicked to take into consideration that I can't go to the fanday I have been asking for since the beginning of KS.. but it's merely a plee from me to you, not a reason.. and yes longtime fan,lots of posts,spreading,pledging,blablabla but that's kind of reward on it's own no, getting people to share this amazing experience with us
So all good luck,I just think it's awesome we will have sheep at the studios smile

edit: found the banana groovy meh

Last edited by dwelfusius; 24/04/13 05:19 PM.

journeyman
journeyman
Yes, I think somebody like LordCrash or FalconBlack, who have shown enomourous amounts of support for this campaign deserve to go to the wrap party more than others.

People (like me) also base their decisions upon this, quite obviously. I'm sorry if you don't think that this is important and should not be considered at all.

And again you didn't read my post.

HOW do you decide which contribution is better? (I think you don't know yourself.)

Let's for example say that I will now promise to buy all of the Limited Editions of Larian's games in the forthcoming 50 years. Does that count as a contribution? It should, and should be considered a major one, because I made a huge investment there. Much more than someone starting a thread on a forum.

See how it doesn't make sense to start comparing things like that? That's because there is no objective ground to compare them with.

Also NEITHER Blackfalcon NOR Lord Crash are on the list to go to the wrap party, so why do you even bring that up?

Last edited by foobarry81; 24/04/13 05:18 PM.
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Swen said (quoted in the first post here) that we should have two people tomorrow afternoon at the latest (Central European Time).

I suggest that we collect more/more detailed "applications" in the form dlux proposed in the next few hours and I will set up a voting/poll tonight which will be open until tomorrow afternoon (CET).

If there is no clear/obvious result on the voting at that time (like two people get 40% of the votes each), I will ask Larian to choose by random principle among the people on the list.

Everyone d'accord?

@ dlux
Will you be so kind to take care of this thread in the next hours? I probably can't do it myself because a friend of mine will come over soon and we have to work on his master thesis in the next hours.... smirk

Last edited by LordCrash; 24/04/13 05:25 PM.

WOOS
addict
addict

And again you didn't read my post.

HOW do you decide which contribution is better? (I think you don't know yourself.)

Let's for example say that I will now promise to buy all of the Limited Editions of Larian's games in the forthcoming 50 years. Does that count as a contribution? It should, and should be considered a major one, because I made a huge investment there. Much more than someone starting a thread on a forum.

See how it doesn't make sense to start comparing things like that? That's because there is no objective ground to compare them with.

And you have not written I have read. I have already told you that the decision is not based solely on the amount of comments or support you have shown. I have just asked the people to tell us the their kickstarter names to ease our decision, because Larian asked us to vote.

Larian asked us HERE to VOTE and CHOOSE our emmisary. How else do you want to vote? I want to actually know who I am voting for.

So please, I have answered your question. I will ignore you if you continue. Thank you.

Hm. This should be about Larian, not about us. We don't have to *earn* our spot, Larian brought us a gift, which we should share. But alas, people start bickering. I still think that we are all fans, and no one 'deserves' this more than someone else.

Let me make the process easier for the rest of you, and don't consider me as a candidate anymore. Weresheep shouldn't have to prove themselves, especially not to one another. No hard feelings, just a bit of 'sheesh ...'.

Weresheep of Original Sin: Facebook | homepage (WIP wink )
sheep is the plural of sheep oops
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by LordCrash
Everyone d'accord?

No, I think the system dlux proposed is a joke and nothing more than a disguised popularity poll. It bothers me that he even tries to make it look as something more or less objective. It is not, in any way. The outcome is bound to be unfair. Not for me personally, but for anyone on the list whose contribution is not valued as it should.

So please take me off the list of potential party goers. I don't want to take part in this.

Last edited by foobarry81; 24/04/13 05:36 PM.
addict
addict

@ dlux
Will you be so kind to take care of this thread in the next hours? I probably can't do it myself because a friend of mine will come over soon and we have to work on his master thesis in the next hours.... smirk

Will do. smile See ya later.

Oh yeah, can you edit the first post and add the info from my post?

enthusiast
enthusiast
aww rob..

aww everybody frown

Last edited by dwelfusius; 24/04/13 05:35 PM.

journeyman
journeyman
And you have not written I have read. I have already told you that the decision is not based solely on the amount of comments or support you have shown. I have just asked the people to tell us the their kickstarter names to ease our decision, because Larian asked us to vote.

Larian asked us HERE to VOTE and CHOOSE our emmisary. How else do you want to vote? I want to actually know who I am voting for.

So please, I have answered your question. I will ignore you if you continue. Thank you.

Seriously, did I EVER say I wanted to vote? I don't want to vote, as I think that is unfair. That was my whole point. Told you you never read my posts.

Also, going by that quote, Larian never asked to vote. It's a mere suggestion.

Last edited by foobarry81; 24/04/13 05:38 PM.
stranger
stranger
Now I see Larian's clever ploy – to sow chaos amongst the Flock, thus lowering the threat of the mighty weresheep.

On a more serious note – let's try to avoid any and all forms of controversy, "he-said-she-said-but-I-actually-said" & all that jazz.

A random (geek-mode: stochastic, actually, but almost no-one seems to care nowadays cry ) choice seems to be the way to go here. Also, if we would like a female/male Weresheep-team (I know I do, anyway...), the selection process gets simplified; afaik, Dwelfusius is the only female (so far) on the short-list.

Anyway, that's just my 2¢ worth...

2 + 2 = 5 (for sufficiently large values of 2)
apprentice
apprentice
My belief is still the representatives of our flock should be a male and a female

So I choose Dwelfusius [Katrien] outright for the female seeing as she is the only female entering currently

And I suggest the male entrants names be entered into http://www.random.org/lists/ and the winner chosen that way

I'm just a man smile
journeyman
journeyman
Forum name: DarthDavy
Kickstarter name: DarthDavy - Weresheep of Sin
Location: Zwevegem, Belgium (50kms from Ghent, where Larian Studios is located, so I don't need lodging unless they get my very, very drunk ouch)
sex: male
Reason: I find it amazing they invite WOOS community members to their wrap-up party. I don't deserve it more than any other, but I did my best during the Kickstarter campaign to support it as much as I could. Examples of this can be found in this thread and on the KS page.

old hand
old hand
We could consider board registration date as an indication of 'fan' level smile
-
Anyways I'm not a sheep (being anti-sheep) so maybe my voice carry less weight and I certainly am not going to 'judge' who is more 'deserving' but I have already voiced my thought on that matter...
-
No offense dwelfusius/Katrien you may very well be very deserving but I just find this very process somehow a bit ill.
-
And who knows if a list is provided to be picked by Larian they might find a way to include more than two.

addict
addict
Everyone d'accord?

No, I think the system dlux proposed is a joke and nothing more than a disguised popularity poll.

Larian said we should vote, not me.

Seriously, did I EVER say I wanted to vote? I don't want to vote, as I think that is unfair. That was my whole point. Told you you never read my posts.

Like I said, read my post. Larian asked us to vote, but I bet they could have never imagined that there would be so much damn bickering and whining.

Last edited by dlux; 24/04/13 05:39 PM.
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Ok, ok, I'll come back tonight and decide on the basis of the comments and the general mood here if we make a vote or if I ask Larian to choose two people randomly.

As I said, a or b....

WOOS
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard