Originally Posted by Runeweaver: WoOS
*plink

you're paranoid smile seeing plots everywhere opa

"Dwelfusius | Were-axlotl of Original Sin"

Hardcorus RPGus PCus Extremus
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Robrecht
Let me make the process easier for the rest of you, and don't consider me as a candidate anymore. Weresheep shouldn't have to prove themselves, especially not to one another. No hard feelings, just a bit of 'sheesh ...'.

Yes, i'm 'sheeshing' too, but don't let one person ruin the gift we've been given by Larian. Even though only 2 person can enjoy it (to which I don't agree, I will enjoy the wrap-up party anyway or another, even though I can't go, I will be happy for the two that do go and enjoying their experiences with us). Don't withdraw your candidancy just because one person is bickering about it. Just ignore it (works best on the Internet to my experience).

Last edited by DarthDavy; 24/04/13 05:45 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by dlux
Like I said, read my post. Larian asked us to vote, but I bet they could have never imagined that there would be so much damn bickering and whining.

They did not ask us to vote. The quote says "maybe", like in a suggestion.

Also, does it really matter what they say? They only want us to come up with 2 names.

What is wrong with making a mature decision among the weresheep? Do you think Larian would find it problematic if we let luck decide rather than a poll? Really?

addict
addict
Sorry but i think it is eytremly private what we plegded and how much we postet in other forums i dont want my present my youtube channel and my other forums. i pledged through paypal that is enough to feed me through quit some time thats is all i am gonna say and wont give you my other forums name nor youtube name.

and comparing these things is bad. what i plegded in comparison to my income is insane considiring that i have to pay rent etc.
and for the commentary, normally i could a fulltime-job that keeps me very busy and only the fact that i have vacation.

just because people had social chitchat on KS doesnt make them more worthy. Of course its great that LC founded the Weresheep, but i dont actually believe that this attracted a lot more people, it just bound ( and that is very good, too) people that had already pledged.

enthusiast
enthusiast
so yes LC, why not just vote on random or not?

1 = random
2 = not random

we give that like till 22.00 belgian time , and based on that we decide if we vote or not and then thats that..than?then? whatever

"Dwelfusius | Were-axlotl of Original Sin"

Hardcorus RPGus PCus Extremus
addict
addict
Originally Posted by LordCrash
Ok, ok, I'll come back tonight and decide on the basis of the comments and the general mood here if we make a vote or if I ask Larian to choose two people randomly.

As I said, a or b....

Some people think their chances are much better with a random ballot, so they bicker and whine.

If the whining doesn't stop then I say Larian should just choose themselves.

Last edited by dlux; 24/04/13 05:47 PM.
Originally Posted by DarthDavy
Let me make the process easier for the rest of you, and don't consider me as a candidate anymore. Weresheep shouldn't have to prove themselves, especially not to one another. No hard feelings, just a bit of 'sheesh ...'.

Yes, i'm 'sheeshing' too, but don't let one person ruin the gift we've been given by Larian. Even though only 2 person can enjoy it (to which I don't agree, I will enjoy the wrap-up party anyway or another, even though I can't go, I will be happy for the two that do go and enjoying their experiences with us). Don't withdraw your candidancy just because one person is bickering about it. Just ignore it (works best on the Internet to my experience).

Thanks for your considerations, but I stand by my words. It's not about this thread, it's about the spirit of the weresheep and what I believe it should be. I do agree that I shall enjoy the show anyhow. party

Weresheep of Original Sin: Facebook | homepage (WIP wink )
sheep is the plural of sheep oops
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by X-tasy
Sorry but i think it is eytremly private what we plegded and how much we postet in other forums i dont want my present my youtube channel and my other forums. i pledged through paypal that is enough to feed me through quit some time thats is all i am gonna say and wont give you my other forums name nor youtube name.

and comparing these things is bad. what i plegded in comparison to my income is insane considiring that i have to pay rent etc.
and for the commentary, normally i could a fulltime-job that keeps me very busy and only the fact that i have vacation.

just because people had social chitchat on KS doesnt make them more worthy. Of course its great that LC founded the Weresheep, but i dont actually believe that this attracted a lot more people, it just bound ( and that is very good, too) people that had already pledged.

This was exactly my point.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by dwelfusius
so yes LC, why not just vote on random or not?

1 = random
2 = not random

we give that like till 22.00 belgian time , and based on that we decide if we vote or not and then thats that..than?then? whatever

I don't want this to turn in a popularity contest either, but I think the flock (or the majority of it) already decided you can go. You are also the only woman that had put up their candidancy and I also strongly agree it would be cool to send one man and one woman (fits the nature of D:OS). My opinion for the rest of this: put all the male names in a bowl and let fate decide.

My 2 cents and this is the last time I voice them. We should be happy we get this opportunity for crying out loud.

journeyman
journeyman
Some people think their chances are much better with a random ballot, so they bicker and whine.

If the whining doesn't stop then I say Larian should just choose themselves.

So basically it's your broken voting system or Larian deciding? You don't even consider a random ballot? Why?

Also I just took myself off the list. And still I want the random ballot. Because it's the only fair way.

stranger
stranger
Aaanyway, to continue my previous post... If a poll/voting system *is* decided upon, here's my data:

Forum name: Runeweaver: WoOS
Kickstarter name: Runeweaver – Tormented Teacher of WoOS
(sporadic posts made as "Runeweaver" in the NWN Vault are mine as well)
Location: Oudendijk (between Hoorn and Volendam), the Netherlands
Sex: male
Reason: the people @Larian have been awesome during this KS. Indeed, it has been described as an *interactive KS*... And to actually include Weresheep in D: OS thankyou Anyway, I would realy like to thank them all in person . Granted, I came late the Weresheep Flock; normally, I prefer to lurk. TL;DR: I'd really like to go, I guess.

2 + 2 = 5 (for sufficiently large values of 2)
addict
addict
Originally Posted by foobarry81
Like I said, read my post. Larian asked us to vote, but I bet they could have never imagined that there would be so much damn bickering and whining.

They did not ask us to vote.

Yes they did. Learn to read.

"Once you guys and girls have ...make a poll to get the vote going?"

But I don't care anymore, I can't stand this bitching and whining because some people are just so damn selfish.

Let Larian decide, they should choose Dwelfusius (girl) and somebody else who has shown quite a bit of support and is proud to be a Weresheep (so anybody other than foobarry81).

I'm out.

And still I want the random ballot. Because it's the only fair way.

I agree.

apprentice
apprentice
Good luck to the were-participants, may they have fun Friday (lucky *$ù^€* !) =)
And refrain from eating our devs !

addict
addict
And still I want the random ballot. Because it's the only fair way.

I agree.

No, that isn't fair either.

Larian should choose. They asked us to try and do this for them, but that is impossible as it seems.

It is their party. It is their game. That's it. Larain should (must) choose.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
You guys completely misunderstood my initial intention.....

My goal was that people should bring up something creative like DarthDavy who wanted to go to Larian in a WoOS costume. The whole thing was never intended to be a comparion of dicks (sorry, dwel...)!

Why must everything always be that damn serious? It was an OFFER by Larian to invite two WoOS members to the wrap-up party and play a bit D:OS, that's all.

So yes, let's vote on the options first:

a) voting
b) random decision

Please no lengthy discussions anymore, just tell me which option you prefer and if you still want to visit Larian on Friday and play D:OS with them. If we are not able to manage that in the next few hours (peacefully) I will tell Swen that nobody will come to the party.... wink

(And now I'm off for the next few hours.)

Last edited by LordCrash; 24/04/13 05:59 PM.

WOOS

They did not ask us to vote.

Yes they did. Learn to read.

I really didn't want to mangle myself in this, but this is completely unfair.

"Once you guys and girls have a complete list, maybe you could make a poll to get the vote going?"

'maybe' and 'could' do indicate a suggestion, and the question mark at the end of the sentence certainly does not make this an instruction.

journeyman
journeyman

a) voting
b) random decision

Well, keep in mind that this is not coming from "somebody else who has shown quite a bit of support and is proud to be a Weresheep (so anybody other than foobarry81)" (Thanks dlux for the name calling. So mature of you.)

b) random decision

Last edited by foobarry81; 24/04/13 06:05 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by DarthDavy
Forum name: DarthDavy
Kickstarter name: DarthDavy - Weresheep of Sin
Location: Zwevegem, Belgium (50kms from Ghent, where Larian Studios is located, so I don't need lodging unless they get my very, very drunk ouch)
sex: male
Reason: I find it amazing they invite WOOS community members to their wrap-up party. I don't deserve it more than any other, but I did my best during the Kickstarter campaign to support it as much as I could. Examples of this can be found in this thread and on the KS page.

I'd offer my couch to crash on in case you do get very very drunk but alas, I don't have one. I could probably fix up a sleeping bag or something though if people do need lodgings.

As to picking people: just put names in a bag, let them pull out two and those can go, least amount of bickering possible if you ask me.

Also even though I kinda live next door to Larian (I live in Ghent and I actually already took friday off, well, just because I needed a break really) I'll pass. Parties and lots of strangers don't mix too well with me, I'm a rather quiet dude around people I don't know, especially if there's a lot of them (I guess that might come as a shock to some regulars here ;))

* as usual this is imho (unless stated otherwise); feel free to disagree, ignore or try to change my mind. Agreeing with me is ofc also allowed, but makes for much worse flamewarsarguments.

It is a full moon night and ... bèèè! ... the Weresheep are out...
apprentice
apprentice

a) voting
b) random decision

Please no lengthy discussions anymore, just tell me which option you prefer and if you still want to visit Larian on Friday and play D:OS with them. If we are not able to manage that in the next few hours (peacefully) I will tell Swen that nobody will come to the party.... wink

(And now I'm off for the next few hours.)

One female goes (Dwelfusius) and then choice b) random decision for the males having one of them going alongside her

I'm just a man smile
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard