Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
addict
addict
Originally Posted by LordCrash

Please no lengthy discussions anymore, just tell me which option you prefer and if you still want to visit Larian on Friday and play D:OS with them. If we are not able to manage that in the next few hours (peacefully) I will tell Swen that nobody will come to the party.... wink

That is probably the best. I do beleive that no matter what we or Larian chooses somebody is going to go crazy because he was not chosen.

Last edited by dlux; 24/04/13 06:12 PM.
stranger
stranger
Having read LC's latest post, I'd go for option b) Then again, that would actually *lower* Dwelfusius' chances... :sigh:

I'll wait & see. Whoever goes, Larian has been awesome; hence, we the Weresheep must be awesome too (for without this KS there would be no Weresheep...)

2 + 2 = 5 (for sufficiently large values of 2)
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Robrecht
Originally Posted by dlux
Originally Posted by foobarry81
Like I said, read my post. Larian asked us to vote, but I bet they could have never imagined that there would be so much damn bickering and whining.

They did not ask us to vote.

Yes they did. Learn to read.

I really didn't want to mangle myself in this, but this is completely unfair.

"Once you guys and girls have a complete list, maybe you could make a poll to get the vote going?"

'maybe' and 'could' do indicate a suggestion, and the question mark at the end of the sentence certainly does not make this an instruction.

It was obviously a request in that context, i.e. they are asking us to vote, but will choose for us instead if we don't vote.

They are giving us the chance to solve this ourselves, which is impossible as it seems.

journeyman
journeyman
That is probably the best. I do beleive that no matter what we choose somebody is going to go crazy because he was not chosen.

If you do a ballot, you don't chose, by definition. That's the whole point of making it random.

Also no one can blame anyone afterwards, because everybody had a fair and equal chance.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Runeweaver: WoOS
Having read LC's latest post, I'd go for option b) Then again, that would actually *lower* Dwelfusius' chances... :sigh:

I'll wait & see. Whoever goes, Larian has been awesome; hence, we the Weresheep must be awesome too (for without this KS there would be no Weresheep...)

We could still send Dwelfusius and have luck decide for the 2nd party goer.

Not entirely fair, but as I said earlier: it could be good to have a woman there, as that could help Larian with female pledges. So it might be a good choice if we want to support Larian in that department.

Last edited by foobarry81; 24/04/13 06:17 PM.
addict
addict
B)random decision, too.

i know its a chance given by larian, why making it so complicated. Random is fair. everybody should be satisfied with it. instead of making a who pledgeg what in comparison to how many comments he wrote.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I'm fine with whatever, I voiced my desire to go and I think that's all i can do.. be back in a couple of hours -.- if you think this is hard try putting a 3yr old to bet that doesn't want to =D now that's a challenge :p

"Dwelfusius | Were-axlotl of Original Sin"

Hardcorus RPGus PCus Extremus
addict
addict
Well, I will vote anyway. Unofficially of course, official and organized voting leads to bitching.

I choose [color:#FF99FF]Dwelfusius and DarthDavy!![/color] cheer

addict
addict
so in conclusion nearly everybody wants dwelfius/random except of dlux.

Last edited by X-tasy; 24/04/13 06:22 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by X-tasy

DarthDavy is probably his friend and he tried to push it.

Sorry, DarthDavy, nothing against you personally. And I appreciate what you did for this project. I just want this to be dealt with in a fair way.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by X-tasy

If we can't choose, then Larian should. Larian should do an internal vote/random ballot/whatever and just tell us the outcome, that's it.

They gave us a chance to choose ourselves.... and look what happened. Such a shame.

Originally Posted by foobarry81

DarthDavy is probably his friend and he tried to push it.

Now that is real funny. ^^

DarthDavy is my best friend... so Dwelfusius must be my wife/girlfriend, right? lol

No, I chose DarthDavy because he really wants to represent The Weresheep, and is not somebody who has not done anything other than join the forum when this thread showed up (yes, you sir).

Last edited by dlux; 24/04/13 06:37 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
I can't say I see why Dwelfusius should get special treatment because she happens to be a woman.

* as usual this is imho (unless stated otherwise); feel free to disagree, ignore or try to change my mind. Agreeing with me is ofc also allowed, but makes for much worse flamewarsarguments.

It is a full moon night and ... bèèè! ... the Weresheep are out...
addict
addict
I dont care if its Dwelfius/random or random/random but many wanted it. So..

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by theBlackDragon
I can't say I see why Dwelfusius should get special treatment because she happens to be a woman.

As I said, she could be exemplary for women watching the party and considering to up their pledge. So I was thinking marketing purposes there. Edit: and Katrien is the only woman that applied for the "job".

But as a general principle I agree nobody should get any special treatment.

Last edited by foobarry81; 24/04/13 06:46 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
My opinion: Dwelfusius and one random people.

Actually, my opinion is one female and one male and as Dwelfusius is the only one applying, she goes. The males will have to take their chance with fate.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by DarthDavy
My opinion: Dwelfusius and one random people.

Actually, my opinion is one female and one male and as Dwelfusius is the only one applying, she goes. The males will have to take their chance with fate.

This is exactly what I keep saying smile

I'm just a man smile
journeyman
journeyman
No, I chose DarthDavy because he really wants to represent The Weresheep, and is not somebody who has not done anything other than join the forum when this thread showed up (yes, you sir).

I will just quote this, so that you can think about what you said here. And so that everyone can see (before you choose to delete it as you come to your senses.) how immature you are.

stranger
stranger
@Foobarry and dlux
No more discussions! it's votin' time.

I vote randoms (but you can only be elected if you're willing to dress up)

(Do non-sheep like myself even get a vote?)

addict
addict
Okay, here is the list. Larian should choose internally however they wish. A vote to choose the male EMMISARY of the Weresheep, as orginally requested, is not possible.

-Dwelfusius
26, female, epic Divinity fan, spammer for D:OS on various forums and chats

-Ziffy
38, male, D&D veteran, black sheep, would write a report

-Xtasy
19, male, no real weresheep, would write an articel, wants to search for more WoOS lore hints

-Runeweaver
plays tabletop games since 1985, critic of Divinity 2, would provide some maths tutelage

-Joram
40, male, angel-sheep, don't want to be picked, ghost, wants to beat Bellegar in a rhyming contest

-DarthDavy
33, male, Larian fans since LED wars, wants to make all other weresheep jealous, would visit Larian in WoOS dresscode

-Robrecht
28, male, RPG veteran, has a mutual friend with Kirill, provides weresheep.net

-Dexyd
36, male, spams for D:OS, made a nice graphic (I like it!)

-Foobarry81
sucks at playing RPGs, suffers from Peter Pan complex, wants to break every single barrel in the game

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Ticlimax
@Foobarry and dlux
No more discussions! it's votin' time.

I vote randoms (but you can only be elected if you're willing to dress up)

(Do non-sheep like myself even get a vote?)

Only if you registered in time on this forum and posted a lot of comments. (If I understood correctly) Otherwise: shame on you! ;-)

Edit: Oh lol at the above post!

Last edited by foobarry81; 24/04/13 06:56 PM.
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard