Next Thread
Print Thread
R
Rabbid Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
I'm sure you've been told this before a lot but this game reminds me a lot of tabletop games like D&D and Hackmaster

I heard that the game will have an editor which is pretty much the same as what they used to develop the game and at that point an idea popped to me. How about having a Game-Master mode?

This mode would be pretty much like playing the DM in D&D. One of the players would be in editor mode and would be able to change the world as the players are in it. He would be able to change things like dialog, the stats of specific monsters and eve spawn them in. This mode could also have an option in dialog where the players get to type an answer instead of just choosing one and the DM would be able to type back a response.

This would probably be really hard to do or maybe even impossible but I think it would be really cool if this mode were to be introduced. It would allow for a lot more roleplay and a lot more freedom and player involvement.

Support
Support

You can kind of do that with a custom mod, minus the real time changes.

Welcome to the forum. wave

R
Rabbid Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Thank you and yeah I feard that. It would at least be nice if you could spawn in monsters and change dialogue as GM. I'm sure that is at least possible.

stranger
stranger
A persistent world (PW) is a multiplayer module that runs continuously with plots and events evolving as time passes. They often fit into game type categories like "story", "roleplay", "action", etc.

All persistent worlds are run by players of Neverwinter Nights. BioWare was interested in the potential of persistent worlds, but they chose to take Neverwinter Nights in a different direction and never had official plans to develop a persistent world. Instead they provided tools (primarily the Toolset) and saw what their fans would come up with.

What I'd like to see in the distant future is eventually persistent world support, similar to what Bioware did with NWN, catering to 20-40 players at a time. I've no idea if one would be able to do it with the toolset, but I think it has a lot of potential. There's some issues like how to resolve turnbased combat with a large group of players, but it could be done if you implemented things like pre-issuing orders for your PC when it's not your turn, and a set timer on decision-making. It may add some further longevity to the game beyond what the toolset already provides.

I think this is a splendid idea. I'm not sure how difficult it is and what the limitations are to adding this GM/persistent world-functionality, but it will definitely make this toolset a true CRPG platform in every sense of the word, especially now that we know that Larian have committed themselves to this editor for a long time to come. Hopefully it gets added sooner or later in some flexible form that suits various RPG needs. smile

I got Comment 33,333 at the legendary Larian KS for D:OS
R
Rabbid Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Originally Posted by Indira Weresheep
I think this is a splendid idea. I'm not sure how difficult it is and what the limitations are to adding this GM/persistent world-functionality, but it will definitely make this toolset a true CRPG platform in every sense of the word, especially now that we know that Larian have committed themselves to this editor for a long time to come. Hopefully it gets added sooner or later in some flexible form that suits various RPG needs. smile

I would really like it to happen. The developers do look at these suggestions though, right?

It would be nicer to talk to them directly but I don't think that will be happening any time soon unfortunately.

Last edited by Rabbid; 30/04/13 02:18 PM.
Support
Support

Yes, they do read these suggestions, though (especially lately) don't have time to respond a lot.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard