Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#471359 06/08/13 02:42 PM
F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Hello everyone,

I downloaded electronic version of game but when i try to install game it freezes when it starts proces CombatMoveAround.bik

Does anyone know what to do with this??

Thank you all

F
stranger
stranger
F
I got the same problem I bought the game from gamersgate.

H
journeyman
journeyman
H
Same here. Got it from the Larian Vault.Gets through all the .bnk files ok then this .bik locks it up. Tried downloading again and other folders and removed beta version and shut down everything non-essential in my system tray. Even disabled anti-virus for 10 minutes.
Windows 7 PC with 4GB RAM and an Intel Q6600 2.4GHz quad-core.

Last edited by hairyscotsman; 06/08/13 03:13 PM.
F
stranger
stranger
F
Same problem, tried downloading through the Vault. Trying Steam now, hope it works...

journeyman
journeyman
Same here - downloaded through vault - installer hangs at CombatMoveAround.bik

Last edited by spif2001; 06/08/13 03:49 PM.

"Look at you, hacker. A pathetic creature of meat and bone. Panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect immortal machine?"
F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
trying steam download lets see if it will work

M
stranger
stranger
M
Same problem for me.

T
stranger
stranger
T
What should i say ^_^ Same here. Just downloaded it from gamersgate.com. Tryed to install it in severall Folders but it dont work. Downloeaded it a second time - also no Effect. Installations freezes after run about 30 Seconds reaching CombatMoveAround.bik
What do you think? A general Problems or is the gamersgame DL-File broken? Oh and only cause i read that... in cant find any Gameserial for Steam. Is that normal with the gamersgate Version?

enthusiast
enthusiast
We are working on the issue. People who have access to a steam key on top of larianvault can download it via steam (it's drm-free once downloaded there as well)

the vault & gamersgate installers will be updated shortly

F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
well i just installed steam version and it is ok so far.
so for all of you who have steam serial key to unlock this game just do it with steam.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Originally Posted by Larian_QA

the vault & gamersgate installers will be updated shortly

Thats the information we want to hear! smile
Hope it only take a hour or less ?!!?!!! smile !?!!

Last edited by Tykopulus; 06/08/13 04:07 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
It's annoying to say the least. At first it's two hours late and then it doesn't even work.

Had to go for a swim in the meantime to mellow my mood. ... And it still isn't fixed.

Really wish by now that I'd bit the bullet and preloaded it (or at least started the Steam d/l before hitting the water).

Proud Probatanthrope

Tor.com: Boob Plate Armor Would Kill You (cf. "ball plate armor" - Just think about it.)
stranger
stranger
Exactly the same problem here!

R
apprentice
apprentice
R
Any updates on the fix for this problem yet?

old hand
old hand
We've updated the installers twice already but there seems to be a problem with the content delivery network that we are using resulting in the files being corrupted and causing the installers to freeze. There's unfortunately little we can do ourselves about it right now but we'll keep on pushing so that the files are spread correctly asap.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Having the same problem and will try a bit later to see if it's been resolved yet. Usually a CDN takes a few hours to seed fully if it's not done manually, patience! wink

Surreal Soliloquy!
C
stranger
stranger
C
It is possible to extract a working game from the files, there is probably an easier way than I did it. If you use http://sourceforge.net/projects/innounp/ you can extract the files the ones that are broken in my set are these avoid them and your good.
45945088 2013.07.05 15:10 {app}\Data\Localization\English\Video\CombatMoveAround.bik
76260024 2013.07.05 15:10 {app}\Data\Localization\English\Video\CombatOnBuildingSelected.bik
26836276 2013.07.05 15:10 {app}\Data\Localization\English\Video\CombatOnCloseToCapturePoint.bik
73546868 2013.07.05 15:11 {app}\Data\Localization\English\Video\CombatOnMoneyForDragon.bik

The one that freezes unpacking is CombatMoveAround the others produce errors. Unfortunatly I'm either too stupid to figure out how or the program doesn't allow simple ignore file so I had to unpack using wildcards which was a bit of a pain. There are guis that use it so I imagine they are the way to go if you wanna give it a shot. (edited to correct files affected and behaviour description)

Last edited by Cusith; 07/08/13 12:20 AM.
veteran
veteran
Damn, I'm having this issue, seems like I'm pretty much screwed for the time being. frown

Originally Posted by Lar_q
We've updated the installers twice already but there seems to be a problem with the content delivery network that we are using resulting in the files being corrupted and causing the installers to freeze. There's unfortunately little we can do ourselves about it right now but we'll keep on pushing so that the files are spread correctly asap.

Are you trying to tell us that we have to download the entire game again?

Also the bolded part seems to say: "DO NOT EVER BUY GAMES ON LARIAN VAULT. Because shit can happen and WE have no way of fixing it ourselves."

Last edited by Blablabla; 07/08/13 09:08 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Blablabla
Originally Posted by Lar_q

Are you trying to tell us that we have to download the entire game again?

Also the bolded part seems to say: "DO NOT EVER BUY GAMES ON LARIAN VAULT. Because shit can happen and WE have no way of fixing it ourselves."

Yeah I am feeling kind of upset about this whole thing too. I selected the Vault version so Larian wouldn't have to pay a cut to Steam or GOG. Being told that I'm SOL and just won't be able to play the game anytime soon is not helping things right now.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Issh, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard