Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Managed to play a while without problem in chap 1 but when i start the attack on the main land of the enemy, the crash happens when i zoom out or in. Had no issues in previous RTS battles.
This happens in fullscreen and windowed mode

Screenshot of the errors everytime i pressed ignore

http://postimg.org/image/8g1ae0zl1/full/

http://postimg.org/image/z5283kwth/full/

http://postimg.org/image/qya8c06qt/full/

http://postimg.org/image/gzkobs7xh/full/

This is the Windows error i get after clicking ignore until everything disapears

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: DCApp.exe
Application Version: 1.0.12.0
Application Timestamp: 52001949
Fault Module Name: grGranite.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 519e5379
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000047e5
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Last edited by darkcobrabws; 07/08/13 03:29 AM.
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
As someone else pointed out with a similar issue, it points to drive f: and i don't have one.

D
stranger
stranger
D
It is simply where the source code that build the exe where on the hard drive.

It is not the cause of the error.

The cause of the first screenshot is a "Out of bound" error of a list. And all other assert look like overflow of other containter type. And in normal time when you overflow a array they have great chance that crash soon after.

All the assert really look like a generic assert. It is sad they don't code a litte system for make a dump automaticly after.

And it is not profressionnal let all the debug information like this. I suppose they use define like __FILE__ and __LINE__ in the assert. I don't know why they don't redefine the assert in the retail version.

And with this I can see they have great chance that use GIT in the studio :P

If I reget the crash I can attach and do a crash dump with MSVC, if that can help.

I suppose it is hard when you are a small studio test a lot. Anyway the game is great and with a small studio like this it is a great achivement to do a good game like this.

Last edited by Dragounoz; 07/08/13 05:15 AM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
just registered to say im having the same problem. happens when you position your camera to view large amounts of water or mountains by either zooming out or changing the cameras angle.

Support
Support

Thanks for the additional info. Larian did say in another topic they were working on a fix for this.

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Actually Midas, dragounoz might have been on to something. I seem to be able to play if i don't zoom put too much.
The thing is, the amount of things in my visions field seems to have no impact at ALL on this BUT the actual position of my camera does. If my camera remains in the confine of the battlefield, no crashing occurs but if the camera goes too close to the edge of the gameplay box, it crashes so maybe the camera can in some instances get outside of the bounds of the game field and into the skybox.

stranger
stranger
Odd, I've had zero issues with zooming even with many troops on the field. Maybe it's computer resource related?

I'm on an I5 running 1.8 ghz with 16 gb ddr3 1333mhz and a 550ti nvidia card. Not a single glitch so far.

M
stranger
stranger
M
I think it might actually be the camera going outside of the map. trying to move the camera out of bounds definitely crashes the game.

the reason it keeps crashing on mountain maps for me is probably because its clipping into a mountain.

addict
addict
As with Vortex, I never had an issue like you described and I've moved the camera all around, including outside of map bounds, so there's something situational in there to consider and try to find.

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
M
stranger
stranger
M
I cant replicate it on every map, so its probably a combination of things in the map itself.

M
stranger
stranger
M
to shed some more bizarre light on this, I just uninstalled Microsoft visual c++ 2008 using the exes in Divinity Dragon Commander\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2008, and the game was still able to run. without reinstalling them. Im using the steam version, didnt get a first time setup popup or anything like youd usually get if youre missing some of that stuff.

Last edited by midas; 09/08/13 11:31 AM.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Issh, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard