Next Thread
Print Thread
#472210 09/08/13 07:00 PM
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
I've gotten into a state of the game whereby each and every battle I go into on the Campaign map does not allow me to select a general or retreat or enter a battle or anything. I'm in Act II on turn 27.

As soon as I end my turn, I skip the replay and click on the go to battles function. As soon as it goes to a battle I am supposed to be in, the retreat button etc grey out within a second and I have to alt-F4 the game

journeyman
journeyman
I'm having the same problem, around turn 4 in act II. Everything on the battle screen is grayed out. I can still minimize/maximize the battle options screen and pull up the log on the right side of the screen, but that's it. Alt+F4 still works at least :p

Let me know if there is any extra information I can supply that can help track down this bug.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Same happened to me twice in a row on the same map.

Battle of Katzenstein on act 2.

N
stranger
stranger
N
Same thing here, also in part II. Never had any issue, and now i can't do anything when i engage in battle. I can click the retreat button but it fades out after a few seconds and then i can't do anything. I have to leave the game an shut it down!

I can't continue my playthrough now because of this. I need a fix for this.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Also have this bug. It happens in act 2 after skipping enemies turns. It is not always 1st battle you participate. I got 1st battle normally and next one bugged sometimes. It does not depend on where the battle happens - bug happened both on continent and in sea.
For me it happened always after enemy used his mercenary card (maybe not connected but who knows)

F
stranger
stranger
F
Same problem occured to me, although I played earlier this day with no issues. Happened in act 2 turn 23. I remember solving the problem
with my generals destroying undead orphanage
then I set my units on strategic map and saved the game. When I loaded it later and proceeded to next turn, battle was already bugged. There were several battles on the map - all of them with the same issue. My copy of the game is from steam if its relevant.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Same problem here.

Act II, turn 28. I conquered the yellow general's capital in turn 27 and now he's throwing all he got left there and on my own capital.

I had played this turn once before, almost to completion, but rage-quit (Alt+F4) in the defense battle because the enemy kept running over me with bomber balloons and I hadn't researched any air units yet.

Now, when I load the saved game and enter the battle phase, the first battle works fine (I auto-resolve), but the second battle has the "Retreat" and "Ready" buttons greyed out. The card slots are also non-clickable. However, hovering over the enemy units still shows the popup and I can minimize the battle dialog or view the map.

Can't continue playing because of this, I tried loading an older save, restarting the game, but it always happens like described.

Support
Support

Can you start a new custom campaign or multiplayer campaign against AI and enter combat?

Please email supportdc@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the Dragon Commander support tool.

I'm having the same problem; I'm in chapter 2, around turn 10.

N
stranger
stranger
N
Stiil have the problem, but it seems that if i click the retreat button on my first battle before it fades out, then i can fight the next one. This of course isn't much o a solution since i have to lose the first battle every time!

old hand
old hand
Please re-install patch v1.0.20 if you have this issue. It's up on the vault. I removed v.27 because this problem seems to affect lots of people so we think it indeed got introduced in some cases by the patch. We'll look into those cases more closely and fix them, and re-release the patch when it's more reliable and more QA'd (which is becoming increasingly more difficult so I'm not blaming anyone here wink ).

Tweeting @forktong
D
stranger
stranger
D
Having the same problem here, Chapter 2 but in my case it's very early on, Turn 1 or 2.

Usually it's a transport ship that gets engaged by one of the AI's but I can't do anything to either try and fight the battle or back out.

Just got this bug (I assume) myself. Will try some of the workarounds posted later. Should be fixed soon, I imagine, given how frequently Larian has been releasing patches.

Basically, I skipped AI movement phase, my battle screen has the attack/retreat buttons greyed out and one general selected to auto-resolve the battle. I can minimize the battle menu, but I cannot fight, retreat, or change the selected general.

N
stranger
stranger
N
How do i install patch v1.0.20 on the Steam version?

N
stranger
stranger
N
Nevermind found out. Just go to game details en select in game properties that the game does not auto update. Then re-install the game and done! I does keep al your save files.

Support
Support

Did you try just verifying local files for the game? I would assume that should fix an install if there is an update rollback on Steam.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Pressing F9 (dunno whats under it but i guess save or load) fixes the problem for current battle ie after loading you can choose general but it also seems to change fighting armies (58% win chance changed to 18% once)

Last edited by Rimmorn; 09/08/13 10:32 PM.
I just ran into this problem myself. Version 1.0.27.0, Vault, chapter 2.

I had hit the skip button and saw two open sea battles would be triggered. I let the first one auto-complete, then units started moving around the board again. Instead of the second open sea battle I had a battle on one of the islands, except for this one the buttons were inaccessible.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Issh, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard