Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I'm playing in chapter 3 right now and I had 3 battles. I auto resolved all of them.

If I check my previous save I had several countries with units in it. However after I resolve the battles all the sudden my units disappear utterly. Including countries where no battles took place.

Also it happens over and over again if I reload the save prior to the battles and resolve them again.

Support
Support

If you enter RTS in one of the battles, even just to retreat, does the same thing happen? What if you use / don't use generals? The autoresolve itself might not have anything to do with this problem, though.

Please email supportdc@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the Dragon Commander support tool.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Raze

If you enter RTS in one of the battles, even just to retreat, does the same thing happen? What if you use / don't use generals? The autoresolve itself might not have anything to do with this problem, though.

Yes it still happens with RTS.

Please email supportdc@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the Dragon Commander support tool.

K

A
stranger
stranger
A
Having this issue as well. I've already emailed support with the problem. But I'm just curious - I think this happened at the time that I had made the decision to employ female officers in place of half of my male officers. Is that the cause of this perhaps? It would be pretty crappy if that's the case frown

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Aysir
I think this happened at the time that I had made the decision to employ female officers in place of half of my male officers. Is that the cause of this perhaps? It would be pretty crappy if that's the case frown

Coincidence I think. IIRC my decision on the male/female officers thing was afterward. And even if it wasn't I made the opposite decision you did.

However instead of waiting for a fix I decided to power through. Extra challenging. I did notice too that even if I loaded like 5 saves back the bug still happened.

A
stranger
stranger
A
smirk I guess that's good news in one way - that it is a bug and not design. I think I'll wait and see if they patch it. Powering through looks tough frown

S
stranger
stranger
S
this bug is extremely annoying because i have hit it more than 5 times and it has essentially trapped in me chapter 2.

A
stranger
stranger
A
I've just put my playthrough on hold. I was really enjoying the game - but something like this would totally ruin it for me. I'll back to it after I finish a few other games and hope that Larian can figure out what's going wrong.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Got an update from Octaaf on this.

Hi,

I've reported this issue to the programmer in charge.

The problem is probably related to the story event that causes you to lose 10% of your army. It is probably calculated incorrectly.

We will try to correct the issue in an upcoming patch.

Kind regards,
Octaaf
Larian studios/

J
stranger
stranger
J
Originally Posted by SniperHF
Got an update from Octaaf on this.

Hi,

I've reported this issue to the programmer in charge.

The problem is probably related to the story event that causes you to lose 10% of your army. It is probably calculated incorrectly.

We will try to correct the issue in an upcoming patch.

Kind regards,
Octaaf
Larian studios/

Yep, instead of 10% it obliterates your armies with a preference for high value units too... Also after that and allowing for female officers consecutively (glutton for punishment) the game crashed consistently when trying to access the strategic map...

One way to work around these issues that I found is not to take the decision until the end of chapter 2. i.e first win the final capital then take the decision (before the extra round). The unit reductions don't seem to translate to chapter 3 starting armies.

enthusiast
enthusiast
We are aware of an issue where you save in between combats of the same turn. So if you make a savegame after 1 combat, and there are more combats coming in the same turn, the combats that are already done and won will go wrong on loading.

We will fix this issue by not allowing saving in between combats. If this is the case you are experiencing, the temporary workaround is not to save between different combats.

If you are experiencing this after deciding to kill off a part of your army (10%) due to a decision from catherine, it's possible you lose too many units on countries that only have 1 unit of a certain type.

Both issues will be fixed in an upcoming patch.

J
stranger
stranger
J
Yep I probably was in the second category. Finished the game now but good to see you guys are on top of it. Keep up the good job smile

This game deserves to be polished to a high shine. Lots of good material here...

A
stranger
stranger
A
Has there been a patch to fix this now? I've looked in announcements and general and have not found anything about it yet.

Support
Support

A fix is listed in the Steam preview changelist for patch 1.0.55.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Issh, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard