Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#471946 08/08/13 05:41 PM
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Hi there.
The game keeps crashing to me during combat, especially when I try and swivel the camera.

Here's the error it gives me. I already sent the error report with your Tool thingy to the support email, but didn't get a response back.

Here's the error:

[Linked Image]

old hand
old hand
We've been looking into this ever since it got reported on Steam. I don't think we could reproduce it already. Funny thing is, you should not see asserts, you're not playing a dev version wink

Does the game continue when you press "Ignore"?

Do you have some edition of Visual Studio running? Running DirectX in debug mode? Anything special we should know?

Tweeting @forktong
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Clicking the ignore button doesn't work.

Do you have some edition of Visual Studio running? Running DirectX in debug mode?

I don't really know about these.. any tips?

M
addict
addict
M
Same problem. As far as I know nothing is running in Debug mode.

As far as C++ goes, I've got this installed.
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8mZEjk6c-znbGdXRWN4QWJCLUE/edit?usp=sharing
Anyway I could check which one is running with Dragon Commander ?

Retry didn't help, havn't tried Abort or Ignore button yet.
I'm on Windows 8, by the way.

No gcc or any compiler installed, just for information.
The error was on list.h too, but I didn't check if the exact adress was the same. I'll note it down if it's the same (shouldn't, there is no F disk on my computer).

Edit : I don't know how to access directX on windows8.

Last edited by melianos; 08/08/13 06:26 PM.
old hand
old hand
If you don't know about running DX in debug, you probably are not because it requires you to actively change it. The Redistributables are okay...

Tweeting @forktong
P
stranger
stranger
P
As someone who has also been seeing this error, I can say that Ignore is unsuccessful. It pops up again instantly, and then the game crashes to desktop.

I did notice something odd with DirectX. When I ran the diagnostic tool you guys provide, it initially couldn't identify DirectX 9c. I went ahead and reinstalled that particular DirectX, reran the diagnostic, and it was able to identify it. Then I tried playing the game again, got this error message, same as always. When I ran the diagnostic a 3rd time, it again wasn't identifying DirectX...

Don't know if that helps, but thought I'd mention it.

M
addict
addict
M
I found 2 CrashDump files while looking at the game files, should I send them to support@larian.com or another mail address ? Or do you already have some of those files ?

Edit : Also found a Debug directory in Data\Public\Main\Assets with a Cube.GR2 file in it.

Last edited by melianos; 09/08/13 10:35 PM.
C
stranger
stranger
C
Mine does exactly the same.
I'm on windows Vista (shut up) and it seems to happen when I move the camera.
I can confirm that this happens each time and none of the 3 options help.

Support
Support
Originally Posted by melianos
should I send them to support@larian.com or another mail address ? Or do you already have some of those files ?

You can use supportdc@larian.com, rather than the main support email, but I would think the report.zip file would include any CrashDump files that the support tool found.

I have that same debug file/folder, and haven't had this crash issue (and I just installed the Steam version).

M
addict
addict
M
Ok, mail sent, the CrashDump files weren't in the report.zip so I sent them with the mail (they were in the Shipping Directory).

M
stranger
stranger
M
same problem here. I just completely uninstalled microsoft visual c++ 2008 from my computer and the game still runs. usually steam would detect im missing it and automatically redownload it. dont know if thats even related but figured its worth mentioning.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Getting the same issue, tried uninstalling all visual c++ files and installing the newest, worked fine for 3 gmes then it happened again.. hope you guys get a fix soon. Unable to play like this frown

M
addict
addict
M
Got the bug again, but with a new message.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8mZEjk6c-znM2NpOWVIWUVBRUE/edit?usp=sharing

And there is no F disk on my computer, and github is not installed on in either.

Now I'm having this bug, too T_T

I was enjoying the game, in fact, it's awesome. But I'm also having all kinds of bugs.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Originally Posted by Zerael

I was enjoying the game, in fact, it's awesome. But I'm also having all kinds of bugs.

Glad to hear there's something to look forward to at the end of this. I still haven't been able to get past the very first RTS battle in the campaign.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by PirateGoesYar

Glad to hear there's something to look forward to at the end of this. I still haven't been able to get past the very first RTS battle in the campaign.

Same.
Are you invading that territory 2 steps to the east? It's possible it's map related.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I didn't really check the maps but it happens about 3 out of 4 matches... its pretty annoying so I will just wait for a fix. The game is so awesome and I don't get to play it properly : (

S
stranger
stranger
S
I am having trouble as well. It happens when I attempt to zoom out, when I reach a certain level the game freezes. When I try to alt-tab I briefly see something concering DirectX. I got these error messages:

[Linked Image]
I selected "Retry" here and I got the following three: [Linked Image]

Last edited by Shahanshah; 10/08/13 05:19 PM.
P
stranger
stranger
P
Originally Posted by Caridor
Originally Posted by PirateGoesYar

Same.
Are you invading that territory 2 steps to the east? It's possible it's map related.

I had been, though I just did some testing, and it happens elsewhere as well. However, it may somehow be map related. I instead attacked west, and for the first two maps, I didn't run into this issue (the territory immediately west, and then the northern of the 2 territories past that). When I attacked the southern of those 2 territories, I again had the error message.

A couple of things that might have been different between those maps:

The first two maps were very small and very fast, the enemy base was nearby my own, and I was able to overwhelm it with just my strategic troops. I did still build a few additional troops and go into dragon mode, to see if any of that affected it, but it seemed fine. In other words, my total play time in these maps was short and the units on screen were few (though I was still on each map for longer than it took me to get the error message on the eastern map).

The third map was more similar to the eastern map, larger with intermediate control points between you and the enemy. Here I didn't immediately send my strategic forces in, and instead built up. I'm not sure what exactly I was doing when the error message came up, but it certainly wasn't actual combat (either queueing troops or looking at control points, etc.).

Not sure if that's just coincidence, but I can say that it doesn't happen on every map every time.

A
stranger
stranger
A
I am getting the same errors (both IndexNumber and QueuedUploads).

Here are my specs:

Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 (32 bit)
Intel Core2 Duo @ 3.16GHz 2.83GHz
4 GB RAM
GeForce 9800 GTX+ (512 MB)

Playing via Steam

How do I send crash reports?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Issh, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard