Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
1. Allow waypoints (shift clicking) on units abilities in a group such as warlocks "meet the beetles" abilities. They are single target but if you have more than one warlock selected you should be able to shift click use abilities on more than one enemy unit.

2. Allow buildings rally points to be placed onto friendly units so that newly constructed units will automatically group up with your other units.

3. Come up with a way to build buildings while playing as dragon, set spawn points, select individual units, use abilities, select all units of one type (double clicking one unit) etc.

4. Turning into a dragon above buildings (especially ones that aren't built and are already on the map) gets you stuck inside the building. You can change back to get unstuck though.

5. When auto deciding battles in campaign and A.I. games you can win with units that shouldn't be able to attack each other. (like bomber balloons attacking each other when they can only attack ground units unless you count mines)

6. (fix for dual cores in patch 1.0.40) crashes randomly when I go on the strategy map I think it has to do with corrupting saved games not sure though.

7. (coming in 1.0.40 patch) After a multiplayer game there isn't a score screen or a chat room it would be nice to talk a game over after you win/lose and see how you did.

8. (confirmed intentional) Dragon abilities that effect your fireballs such as "Acid Blaze" and "Breaching Fire" reset how long you can shoot fireballs for before you have to cooldown. I don't know if this is intentional or not but you can burn out on regular fireballs then start using acid blaze to keep fireing then by the time you burn out on that your regular fireballs are almost off cool down which means you can basically fire infinitely.

9. Ability to customize your dragons abilities (besides just choosing a different dragon) and also customize the hotkeys before skirmish game in lobby?

10. Hitting tab in lobby while renaming causes your cursor to go to the middle of the chat screen. (not the actual chat box at the bottom)

11. The ability to right click peoples names in lobby or maybe in a multiplayer campaign to add them as friends, possibly an in game chat command? (for steam and without it)

12. (confirmed) Add a multiplayer lobby outside of starting a game (game lobby)or maybe chat rooms.

13. When hurt as a dragon your screen goes red but when you heal the red screen doesn't go away until your damaged again or you change back into rts mode.

14. Some campaign games are glitched and you can't use abilities as a dragon unless its a passive ability

15. on unit icons in a battle you should have a small number on it telling you how many of that specific unit you have selected.

16. everyone can fight in every battle?

17. Allow copying and pasting in chat.

Last edited by bassbeast; 18/08/13 01:18 AM.
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by bassbeast
1. Allow waypoints (shift clicking) on units abilities in a group such as warlocks "meet the beetles" abilities. They are single target but if you have more than one warlock selected you should be able to shift click use abilities on more than one enemy unit.

2. Allow buildings rally points to be placed onto friendly units so that newly constructed units will automatically group up with your other units.

3. Come up with a way to build buildings while playing as dragon, set spawn points, select individual units, use abilities, select all units of one type (double clicking one unit) etc.

That would be really usefull! Want it all in game)

5. When auto deciding battles in campaign and A.I. games you can win with units that shouldn't be able to attack each other. (like bomber balloons attacking each other when they can only attack ground units unless you count mines)

That looks fine. Just imagine it's like an rts combat. In that case this will be just the strength of init army. If you can produce troops in RTS so let's say that A.I. in auto-resolve can to.

Last edited by Astreas; 16/08/13 05:11 AM.
Support
Support

6. There is a low framerate fix on the strategy map with duel core CPUs in the next patch. If you have a duel core CPU, maybe your crashes are related?

7. In the upcoming (1.0.40) patch, multiplayer matches will return to the lobby after the game (Steam users can request access to the patch before it is tested and officially released; see here). A stats / results screen is at least on the wishlist.

B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Originally Posted by Raze

6. There is a low framerate fix on the strategy map with duel core CPUs in the next patch. If you have a duel core CPU, maybe your crashes are related?

7. In the upcoming (1.0.40) patch, multiplayer matches will return to the lobby after the game (Steam users can request access to the patch before it is tested and officially released; see here). A stats / results screen is at least on the wishlist.

6. I have an 8 core so that could be a problem.

7. Awesome laugh will it have stats such as "units killed" "units produced" etc.?

Last edited by bassbeast; 16/08/13 05:31 AM.
Support
Support

Details have not been confirmed, but those are the kind of stats that have been requested.

J
stranger
stranger
J
Hmm interesting would like to see some of these bug fixes myself but guess we will have to wait.

veteran
veteran

1. If you have a group of units selected, you can already do this by repeatedly tapping the hotkey and selecting your new target. Your way wouldn't reduce the number of key-presses this takes.

2. Yes please. The difficulty it takes to group units is one of the reasons why control groups are less easy than blob-moving.

3. That'd be nice, but it sounds tricky. It's hard enough to target an individual unit with a dragon spell, let along pick one out.

That is kinda odd, but oh well.

8. Dragon abilities that effect your fireballs such as "Acid Blaze" and "Breaching Fire" reset how long you can shoot fireballs for before you have to cooldown. I don't know if this is intentional or not but you can burn out on regular fireballs then start using acid blaze to keep fireing then by the time you burn out on that your regular fireballs are almost off cool down which means you can basically fire infinitely.

9. Ability to customize your dragons abilities (besides just choosing a different dragon) and also customize the hotkeys before skirmish game in lobby?

8. Larian has confirmed that this is entirely intentional.

9. That would definitely be good.

15. on unit icons in a battle you should have a small number on it telling you how many of that specific unit you have selected.

That's probably a good idea as well. The three pages of units you get isn't that helpful because you don't have time to switch and check in a fight. Maybe a button to toggle-switch between the individual units and the numbered icons? If they switched to icons and ordered them in the way priority that you'd get when hitting Tab, that would be nice and makes it easier to swap when looking for an ability. Maybe Shift+Tab could go backwards through the list.

Support
Support

12. There is going to be a global chat function added.

13. The red tint will be cleared if you return to RTS mode, though obvious healing up to some point should also do so.

14. Does this seem random or have you noticed certain conditions or activities associated with being unable to use active dragon skills?

If Stabbey hadn't replied to points 8+ I wouldn't have noticed you edited your original post.

B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
@Stabbey
1. it would still be faster to use all the abilities at once with way points even if they didn't all go off at once because you'd have more time to go build units or whatever instead of waiting for each units abilities to go off one by one

@Raze

12. yay awesome laugh

14. It happened once and I'm not sure what caused it to happen.

I'm trying to keep all the things I notice on one post so everyone can see it at the top sorry about that raze. Also I'm editing it to list what's confirmed as being fixed or going to be fixed/added.

Thanks for the feed back guys I'll try to keep this updated I'm always adding stuff as I find it and I'm only editing my post instead of replying to add more stuff so unless you check the post regularly you won't notice its been updated.

veteran
veteran
1. I don't see how shift-clicking is any different at all than E-clicking. It's not any faster. You still need to hit the same number of buttons and still select the targets. There's no time to do anything between button presses.

B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
I don't really know how else to explain it, if you are able to set waypoints for your units to use abilities you can let them go on their way while you do something else. your right its not "faster" in the sense the the units will use their abilities faster than if you did each one individually yourself but if you can use waypoints to queue all your units to use their abilities at one time then go and manage something else its faster in general increasing your possible efficiency in a battle.

Support
Support

With shift clicking to select multiple targets, it would avoid having to repeatedly hit the hotkey for the skill you wanted to use, so it would be faster and (assuming you want to use the skill more than twice) less key presses.

16. In multiplayer with people, everyone can fight in RTS battles, or there could be some with nothing to do for possibly multiple battles in a row each turn. In the advanced option in the lobby for multiplayer or a single player custom campaign, you can select whether or not unaligned AI will be involved in RTS fights.

B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Yeah I guess I wasn't even thinking of that instead of pushing the hotkey for the ability and then clicking on the unit you would just push the hotkey once then shift click on all the other units so it would still be using less buttons.

16. so its intentional then that everyone can fight? I agree it would be boring for the people not involved to just watch a fight happen multiple times in a row but its kind of silly to have a chance to win a province you have no business being in that will just get taken back the next round anyways because you won't have any units there on the strategy map. I honestly didn't know about the option for the A.I. they should add that for multiplayer players too.

B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B

4. Turning into a dragon above buildings (especially ones that aren't built and are already on the map) gets you stuck inside the building. You can change back to get unstuck though.

6. (fix for dual cores in patch 1.0.40) crashes randomly when I go on the strategy map I think it has to do with corrupting saved games not sure though.

7. (coming in 1.0.40 patch) After a multiplayer game there isn't a score screen or a chat room it would be nice to talk a game over after you win/lose and see how you did.

8. (confirmed intentional) Dragon abilities that effect your fireballs such as "Acid Blaze" and "Breaching Fire" reset how long you can shoot fireballs for before you have to cooldown. I don't know if this is intentional or not but you can burn out on regular fireballs then start using acid blaze to keep fireing then by the time you burn out on that your regular fireballs are almost off cool down which means you can basically fire infinitely.

10. Hitting tab in lobby while renaming causes your cursor to go to the middle of the chat screen. (not the actual chat box at the bottom)

11. The ability to right click peoples names in lobby or maybe in a multiplayer campaign to add them as friends, possibly an in game chat command? (for steam and without it)

12. (confirmed) Add a multiplayer lobby outside of starting a game (game lobby)or maybe chat rooms.

13. When hurt as a dragon your screen goes red but when you heal the red screen doesn't go away until your damaged again or you change back into rts mode.

14. Some campaign games are glitched and you can't use abilities as a dragon unless its a passive ability

16. everyone can fight in every battle?

17. Allow copying and pasting in chat.

18. possibly adding a minimap for the strategy map and in skirmishes.

19. (URGENT) find a fix for cheat engine hacks/trainers etc.

Last edited by bassbeast; 20/08/13 10:33 PM.
veteran
veteran
11. I think the Steam overlay can kinda do that already. I don't understand how you expect that to work for non-steam versions.

16. In Multiplayer, if anyone wants to play a battle in RTS, everyone has to play. That may not make the most logical sense, but this is a case where fun trumps gameplay. You can't have two people twiddling their thumbs for 10-20 minutes waiting for an RTS battle to be resolved.

18. Eh, I think just letting you zoom way out on the strategy map with the mouse-wheel would be fine and less cluttered than adding a minimap.

B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
11. Adding a built in friend feature to the game instead of relying on steams already present friend program.

16. *shrug* just an observation I get the arguments from both sides. "its silly to be in a fight you have no business being in." or "its boring to sit for 20 minutes while other people fight" I don't care either way really.

18. yeah just something that works better than how it is now.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Issh, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard