Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
In a battle, turning/spinning the camera reveals the ground textures have been lowered to VERY low res, and it noticably takes a moment or two to buffer in the high-res textures.

It looks like RAGE did at first on AMD cards... that horrible texture load-in.

It happens on all settings. I have a fairly nice PC.

3570k @ 4.0 ghz
670 FTW
8gb ram
SSD

I just updated to the newest drivers.

Any ideas? Please tell me this texture load in isn't "normal". It happens whenever I pan the camera at all. Constantly.

Last edited by tastethecourage; 16/08/13 03:03 AM.
Support
Support

I don't have that problem at all when panning / moving the camera, though could certainly miss subtle differences. When in dragon form I don't get full detail on the ground when using the jetpack, obviously, but it is full quality as soon as I stop.

I have a similar system (3570K, HD7870, 16GB RAM, SSD for Windows and HDD for games).

Please email supportdc@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the Dragon Commander support tool.

T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Originally Posted by Raze

I don't have that problem at all when panning / moving the camera, though could certainly miss subtle differences. When in dragon form I don't get full detail on the ground when using the jetpack, obviously, but it is full quality as soon as I stop.

I have a similar system (3570K, HD7870, 16GB RAM, SSD for Windows and HDD for games).

Please email supportdc@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the Dragon Commander support tool.

Thanks for the response!

I don't think you could miss it, it's very noticeable. Whenever I pan the camera away and then back to the direction I was facing initially, the game has already lowered all of the ground textures to the lowest quality, and then scales them back up in front of me, in quite an obvious manner.

Kind of distracting me from the experience ;/

Last edited by tastethecourage; 16/08/13 04:03 AM.
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Please Larian can you help me out?

The game is only taking up around 950mb of video ram, yet it is refusing to keep textures loaded! When I turn the camera around, all of the textures are extremely blurry and buffer back in. There is NO reason for this to happen, I have a 2.0gb card.... why not keep the textures loaded up?

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
I see that sometimes after entering RTS mode or when changing the zoo level very quickly.
It's sometimes taking a fraction of a second to load the right detail level for the textures it seems.

T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Originally Posted by El Zoido
I see that sometimes after entering RTS mode or when changing the zoo level very quickly.
It's sometimes taking a fraction of a second to load the right detail level for the textures it seems.

Yeah, unfortunately for me it takes longer than a fraction of a second. It has to buffer up from Very Low to Low, Medium, and then High. I can actually see each quality level it buffers through to get back to High. It's really shoddy looking, and if I had FRAPS I'd take a video. I might.

It just doesn't make sense to me, as I am only using around 950mb of video memory. Obviously my card can handle having all of the textures loaded in, so what's the point?

G
stranger
stranger
G
I have the same issue on my GeForce GTX 670 with latest drivers. It seems to be a problem with nVidia graphics cards.

Last edited by GL1zdA; 20/08/13 10:06 AM.
E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Well, I do have an NVidia, too (GTX460 1GB)...

enthusiast
enthusiast
Could anyone experiencing this issue provide a video of this, so we can see what the problem is?
There is streaming in the textures, but it should be almost instantaneous.

T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Sure, I will download FRAPS tonight and make a short video and link you guys to Youtube, if that works. Probly be in about 8-12 hrs though, gotta get through work.

Thanks!

T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Here you are. Watch this in 720p and full screen. It actually looks much worse in-game than in the video, but this is the best I could do. The framerate is capped at 30 due to FRAPS. No sound.

Please watch the full video -- sometimes it has to load textures in more than others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP3JxQRPRM0&feature=youtu.be

670 FTW
8gb

Last edited by tastethecourage; 21/08/13 12:57 AM.
E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Wow, that's bad.
In my case it's nowhere near as pronounced, I only get it for ~0.5 seconds and not as often, either.
And my system is much older.

T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Originally Posted by El Zoido
Wow, that's bad.
In my case it's nowhere near as pronounced, I only get it for ~0.5 seconds and not as often, either.
And my system is much older.

Yeah. I can't really play the game in these conditions, it just takes me out of the experience =/.

I'm just trying to distract myself with the new XCOM game until I get Dragon Commander sorted out. It seems like an awesome game, it's just been hard for me to get into.

Last edited by tastethecourage; 21/08/13 03:55 PM.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Issh, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard