Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
First off i should be able to browse for an image to post from my computer, it would easily let me share the bug report. hard to post images from computer is dumb, fix that.

Second when i am zoomed out in battle if i move the screen it freezes up and there is a c++ error box that i can't actually touch, error handling says that the error report should be what the program goes to if you switch focus but instead it doesn't let me touch the error prompt and instead goes back to the game. your error handling is bad, fix that. and also the zoomed out thing, and posting images.

error report

Assertion failed!
Program:...
File f:\github\grph\graphine\granite\src\list.h
Line: 152
Expression: index <numItems //it might be numitems
For information on how your program can cause an assertion failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts
(press Retry to debug the application - JIT must be enabled) //not being able to press the retry button makes me angry

M
addict
addict
M
I had the problem, it was solved when I updated the drivers for my graphic card.

I also did that (taken from FAQ, it isn't the same problem but support told me to do that) :

Temporary solution B: if you are playing on a laptop with both intel HD onboard graphics and a mobile graphics card, set your preferred graphics processor to the NVIDIA or AMD card instead of onboard intel.
http://lnv.gy/19KJdI6

Support
Support

Please email supportdc@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the Dragon Commander support tool.

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
yeah updating graphics card and setting to only use nividia card fixed it. didn't think of it cause i updated within the last month and i didn't even think of there being a intel graphics card with on my laptop. Thanks

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
now it crashes for sea battles, not really a problem, no base setup so no time to hold out for dragon. but i tried to make a report using the testing tool but... that crashed... to be honest though it said my computer failed to be an intel core 2 duo, because its in fact an i7 haswell.

Support
Support

The report.zip file should contain the files below. The main thing that support would need would be the dxdiag report, though, if the 'Game Analysis Tool' can not create the zip file (Winkey-R, type in dxdiag and hit Enter, then when the DirectX Diagnostic Tool finishes, click the 'Save All Information' button at the bottom of the window and save the result to your Desktop, or somewhere handy to attach to an email).

From the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Dragon Commander' folder
- 'Savegames' folder
- config.lsx
- graphicSettings.lsx

dx.txt (dxdiag report)

fileinfo.xml (A file containing a list of files in the install folder, and the c:\users\username\Documants\Larian Studios\Dragon Commander folder, with their sizes, time stamps and hash values. It may have been left in a temp folder, or something, when the support tool crashed.)

results.xml (the results of the min requirements tests)

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Issh, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard