Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#477002 21/12/13 06:28 PM
P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
Hey,

Due to the fact that there are a few barriers in the alpha, I would like to know which quests are possible to finish.

So far the Quest screen shows as finished:

- Guards at the Bridge
- Orc Fight on the Beach
- Fire! Fire! Fire!
- The Shipless Sailors
- The Apprentice and the Stone
- The Fish Thief
- The Teleporter Pyramids
- The Scaredy Pact
- The Grieving Orc
- Another Grazed Mage
--------------------------
For the other quests (see picture below) I have done parts, but apparently they can't be finished.

dropbox

Thanks!

p0lar light

Last edited by p0lar_light; 21/12/13 06:31 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Elf-Orc bloodfeud can be done.

Looks like you're missing the talking shell I think.

Arhu's failed expriment can be done.

those are the ones in your screen shot and one from the beach before the guards on the bridge I think.

I'm also known as Tovarah.
E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
I couldn't finish Arhu's failed experiment so far, either.
Tried talking to Arhu and he thanked me, but quest remained open. Haven't bothered much after that, though.

P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
I have the same problem. I stopped the robot with the remote control and talked to Arhu but the quest remains in the list.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Has someone found the church that the legion commander is talking about, or is it in an area we cannot get access to?

apprentice
apprentice
This is a good thread keep it up!

I am also interested in that chapel.

Btw. does anyone know where i have to go to find the entrance to evelyns chapel?

Last edited by Janju; 21/12/13 11:30 PM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
More finished quests:

- the talking statues
- fabulous five
- bertia lost her sheep
- warming the crowd
- the strongman
- headless nick
- lost archeologist

old hand
old hand
I have a question about Another Crazed Mage, the quest related to the puzzle rooms with the levers...

So after pulling the levers in the order I suspected as being required, it spawned an encounter in one room and opened a hatch down to another level. When I went down the hatch, the room itself was very weird, almost like a placeholder room, and there was an arch with something like a force field preventing me from going any further. Did anyone else get that? I'm wondering because I have had glitches trying to leave other areas like the black cove, that dump me into bizarre unfinished areas outside of the alpha zone.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
veteran
veteran
That area clearly needs polish, but it is solveable. That is not a bug.

A
addict
addict
A
Originally Posted by Stabbey
That area clearly needs polish, but it is solveable. That is not a bug.

Yea, it's definetly solveable :):
[Linked Image]

But besides polishing I think it also needs some nasty critter guarding all Dat Loot. A baby dragon maybe?

Btw, has anyone found Evelyn's lab? Is it even in the alpha?

Last edited by Aramintai; 23/12/13 10:31 PM.
G
apprentice
apprentice
G
Evelyn's lab is on the beach on the West/top left screen direction, close to the rogues who have the mayor's staff. Your characters say something about the lab once you get in the area so that you know you have to use the reveal scroll. I think I got there by exiting town by the north entrance then moving west, I'm not at home for a week so I'm afraid I can't give more precise directions.
About the puzzle rooms loot, for me there was some sort of water door preventing me from accessing it.

A
addict
addict
A
Originally Posted by Grokalibre

About the puzzle rooms loot, for me there was some sort of water door preventing me from accessing it.

You have to pick up amulets dropped by defeated enemies and put them on pedestals near those doors.

And nope, I'm not seeing any way to enter that north-western beach.

Last edited by Aramintai; 23/12/13 11:39 PM.
G
apprentice
apprentice
G
Hmmm now that I think more about it, it my be just straight north from the town, I think once you get past the woods there's more beach and that may be where I found the lab. Again, sorry for not being able to help more.

A
addict
addict
A
Originally Posted by Grokalibre
Hmmm now that I think more about it, it my be just straight north from the town, I think once you get past the woods there's more beach and that may be where I found the lab. Again, sorry for not being able to help more.

There's noting to the north except a burning chest, a cave to one of the Arhu's failed experiments and closed off areas to the woods and Silverglen.
Edit: Hmm, ok got it. It's IN the cave to one of the Arhu's failed experiments.The camera in this game is not of big help being fixed as such. Not to mention the weird look of some trees at a different angle:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Aramintai; 24/12/13 12:22 AM.
veteran
veteran
I've heard that there's nothing special about that tree. This game uses pink as a placeholder indicator, so that might just be a tree that they haven't un-plaeholdered yet.

A
addict
addict
A
Originally Posted by Stabbey
I've heard that there's nothing special about that tree. This game uses pink as a placeholder indicator, so that might just be a tree that they haven't un-plaeholdered yet.

I didn't mean the color, but the pseudo 3D, which only looks good at a certain angle. The second pic shows the textures are actually flat. There are some green tress that show their flat textures as well.

Last edited by Aramintai; 24/12/13 01:27 AM.
E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Yeah, I think that is due to how they build their models and why they use a semi-fixed camera.
A lot of props might look like that when seen from the wrong angle.

M
stranger
stranger
M
I already posted this in another thread, but the pseudo-3d is also used in other isometric RPGs. There is a nice video from the Game Developer Conference where a developer from Blizzard explain how and why they used it in Diablo 3. It has been a while, but I think it's mainly used to improve performance.

A
addict
addict
A
I'm not against pseudo 3D in a game with a fixed camera. But in D:OS devs for whatever reason decided to allow some tilting for it and therefore we can all see that pseudo 3D magic gone when looking at some things from a different point of view. I've seen only one cheap workaround for this in other games - make the asset turn to face the POV. It would look like the tree is turning.

veteran
veteran
I'm not sure the proper steps to solving the Jake's murder quest are. I get as far as the list of suspects, and then the journal stops being helpful. I do know one way to proceed, but it feels like I'm skipping some steps when I do it that way.

Without using Pet Pal - which should not be required to solve this - are there supposed to be some steps in-between
talking to the four major suspects in the body-stealing and using spells to bust down Evelyn's door?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard