Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
P
apprentice
apprentice
P
Trade with the undertaker does not work. Textures of interface disappear.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Originally Posted by tetsuoinfernal07
I'm not aware if he's meant to change locations but I would assume he should still be found within the confines of the city to continue the quest

He is still within the city/harbor

Originally Posted by NomekSan
I think if he had been able to stand up, he would have killed me in no time. I don't think this is supposed to happen.

The elemental summons are just very weak at the moment and die quickly

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
- Killing your own elemental summons grants experience. Should be obvious that this can be exploited.

- A "Backstab Failed" message is displayed when charming an enemy from behind wink

- Locked chests can be destroyed to get their loot. I don't know if this is intended but it diminishes the value of lockpicking. This also applies to some locked doors. One solution is to not have destroyed chests drop anything (The items were damaged in the destruction)

- Damage number text is not displayed if it was the killing blow

- When I load a quicksave, I get a message on screen about a trophy unlocked. There is nothing in the Trophy screen.

- On my current playthrough, all normal crabs enemies in the Black Cove were not attacking me. I purposefully skip turns to let them attack me and they would just run up to my characters and skip turn.

- When enemies are feared by the Fear spell, they will 'teleport' around the battlefield during their turn instead of fleeing normally.

- The silence spell graphic remains over the enemy after the effect ends or the enemy dies

- Some bonuses on items are not being correctly added. Examples are "Charm Quality: 1" on "Fortifying Bonnet" and "+ Initiative" on various chest armor pieces.

- On reload of a saved game, the experience bar will sometimes revert to a full state. When in combat and casting certain spells such as Inspire, the bar will update properly to where it should be.

veteran
veteran
Charm Quality does not boost the Charm skill. Charms are what Larian call things that can be socketed into equipment. That means that you can socket one bonus-granting item, called a "Charm" into that piece of gear.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Ah ok, thanks for pointing that out. I assume those aren't in the game yet.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
So in my attempt to rid Cyseal of all it's inhabitants I came across these two legionnaires who take 0 damage. They can be frozen, electrocuted, etc yet take no damage. Also in the course of the battle they dealt 0 damage out as well.

Unkillable legionnaires

journeyman
journeyman
That's probably in place cus as you must have seen before engaging them, all they do is sit and hit each other over, and over, and over... Something will have to be done about that though if larian want's to keep it's promise of us being able to kill everything :P.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Yeah, but they are two of three people I can't kill. And Aureus runs away from the fight.

P
stranger
stranger
P
when i press on a crate at the start of the game i see the crate symbol, and when the box opens up showing me the content the crate symbol is still showing and over the content menu. in one instance the crate symbol was left over a dialogue box and i couldn't read some of the message.

Also when i went into town to talk to the mayor (start of the ganme). i went upstairs and the dialogue box opens up showing the a history of everything that was said since the last save and it wont close. i tried every button and pressing anything that looked intractable on the screen with my mouse cursor. i hate to re load the game.

veteran
veteran
Okay, another bunch:

• Unlike Aureus, Arhu’s dialogue “About Jake’s Body” doesn’t change if you’ve already talked to Roberts or found his ledger.
  • Bug: I fought the Sparkmaster 5000, and it killed Scarlett (and after I resurrected her, he did it again straight away. Jerk.) After the fight was over, I hadn’t resurrected Scarlett yet, but Madora had something to say and I talked to her. So there was a dual dialogue… between Roderick and Jahan! (Jahan didn't get the Trait though).
  • Bug: I loaded up a game and went to the Sparkmaster cave. I had some kind of audio glitch and all sound effects stopped playing entirely. Spells, walking, menu buttons, nothing. I think it might have ben caused because while the game was loading up, I pressed the play button on my keyboard which started playing music from Windows Media Player (not because the game’s music is bad, because I can’t stand the two-tracks-playing-at-once bug in the game). Normally, this works just fine, but this time when the music started it sounded glitchy at first, and after that I think there were no sound effects. After I quit and restarted the game, the audio was back. I guess I should wait until the game has fully loaded before trying that. EDIT: Later on in the black cove, the FX went out again. This time it sounded like the rain sound effect was the problem. Maybe that was also the problem in the Sparkmaster tunnel as well? I’m not sure.
  • Bug: After loading said game above, the legionairres who fight each other constantly stopped fighting, they just stand there.
  • Near the “Cyseal East” waypoint (which is not east in any way) waypoint, you can trigger combat with the thugs below from walking too close on the road. This leads of course to an annoying situation where it takes several turns before either side is near enough to the other to actually fight.
  • When you click on a waypoint in combat, the message says “you cannot go to the homestead while in combat. It should say waypoint (and I’d actually like to be able to use the waypoints to retreat from combat).
  • The statue demons don’t seem to like each other. After they finished crushing my party easily, they started attacking each other until only one was left. I guess they may have hit each other with friendly fire and the others didn’t like it?

Attempt 2: I killed the Fire Demon alone, brought out the Earth Demon, but when I tornadoed him, the air guy came out. The bug is that the Earth Demon immediately attacked the air demon. Because he was most recently damaged by air?
  • When I met the grieving orc, both Roderick and Scarlett were in agreement to dig up the body for the awesome loot it had. But when we did, combat started, and Bognard’s dialogue was “Hypocites! Liars! Fiends!” Okay, maybe the third one, but we didn’t lie, we were quite clear and in agreement that we wanted the awesome loot on the corpse. … and after combat ended, the damn body had nothing on it. This is not my lucky day.
  • Earthquake does damage at the CASTER’s location still.
  • The big huge fight with orcs and skeletons went badly, in fact everyone died, and they failed their saving throws “for dead” (should be “for death”) from the Comeback Kid trait. But strangely enough, after Roderick, who was the last to fall died, Jahan and Scarlett got back up to finish the fight. That shouldn’t have happened, it should have been a game over. It ended up being game over in a few minutes anyway, because after I won, Roderick’s corpse wasn’t around for Jahan to Resurrect. He might have gained a level while dead, though, I know that’s buggy.
  • My rogue did a Phoenix Dive behind some enemies and the message “Backstab Failed” popped up.
  • My rogue was inexplicably teleported into some bushes somehow. The white circle was the approximate spot where she had ended her previous turn.
  • When standing on an elevated platform, Boulderdash can be sucessfully cast on an enemy on the level below. Oozespray cannot.
  • Crash: Crashed for no apparent reason while walking around the room with the "Piratey Notes" in the Black Cove (past the Source Abomination). I was coming back from meeting Headless Nick. Just crashed immediately to desktop for seemingly no reason.
  • EDIT: I've had a second crash when walking into that same room. Unfortunately, the bug reporter is saying there's no connection, so I can't send in the reports.
  • It's unlikely to occur, and doesn't really matter, but the "So much oil, this place could explode any minute!" can be triggered even after the stuff is detonated and gone. One way is to summon an elemental and send it down the hill first.
  • After the crash, I noticed that one of my saved games had the wrong thumbnail image - it didn't match where I actually made the save.
  • Elementals have a yellow diamond with an exclamation point as their weapon in their inventory screen. Elementals inventory screen persists after their death. You can drag items over the elemental's portrait to add them to its inventory. Weapons can be equipped to replace the yellow diamond, but the game crashes if you drag the yellow diamond onto the ground or out of the elemental’s inventory.
  • Elementals can touch items owned by other people without complaints. Sometimes it heals them (if it’s food.) They can also move and open chests and take the items within, which vanish once they die.

Last edited by Stabbey; 27/01/14 03:43 AM. Reason: second crash
Support
Support
Originally Posted by Stabbey
Earthquake does damage at the CASTER’s location still.

That is by design, there just isn't an appropriate description, or range indicator when cast (presumably there will be).

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Raze
That is by design, there just isn't an appropriate description, or range indicator when cast (presumably there will be).

It's hard to tell if a spell is working, when some spells like Tornado and Earthquake do as much damage to the caster as to the enemy. That's a bit unintuitive and doesn't come across as working as designed. I suppose that's a use for the XShield spells.

veteran
veteran
Played a co-op game where I was guesting in someone else's game. I died in combat, and the other guys retreated... and my body was left stuck there. I suppose that might be the case in the full game, but in single-player the body travels back with you.

Getting stuck dead out there ended my session right there.

S
S
Originally Posted by Stabbey
Okay, another bunch:

• The statue demons don’t seem to like each other. After they finished crushing my party easily, they started attacking each other until only one was left. I guess they may have hit each other with friendly fire and the others didn’t like it?

The elementals are set to "hostile=all". It's also logical that elementals of opposite elements hate each other.

Attempt 2: I killed the Fire Demon alone, brought out the Earth Demon, but when I tornadoed him, the air guy came out. The bug is that the Earth Demon immediately attacked the air demon. Because he was most recently damaged by air?

Works for fire => spawn water via rain. I'm assuming that the AI prioritizes the closest / most dangerous foe. See above. Water <hate> Fire; Earth <hate> Air. Working as intended, imo.

When I met the grieving orc, both Roderick and Scarlett were in agreement to dig up the body for the awesome loot it had. But when we did, combat started, and Bognard’s dialogue was “Hypocites! Liars! Fiends!” Okay, maybe the third one, but we didn’t lie, we were quite clear and in agreement that we wanted the awesome loot on the corpse. … and after combat ended, the damn body had nothing on it. This is not my lucky day.

Been reported - armor doesn't spawn / exist atm

When standing on an elevated platform, Boulderdash can be sucessfully cast on an enemy on the level below. Oozespray cannot.

It's probably also to do with planes - I suspect cone shaped spells are on a flat plane, determined by the first tile they spread from. Also note: target arcs; some things (arrows, sprays, fireball) have a direct line LoS targeting, others (flare, balderdash) have arcs. I reported issues with arrows & height differentials.

It's unlikely to occur, and doesn't really matter, but the "So much oil, this place could explode any minute!" can be triggered even after the stuff is detonated and gone. One way is to summon an elemental and send it down the hill first.

It's a trigger on the floor and isn't context sensitive - you could probably change it to be attached to the barrel (?)

Elementals have a yellow diamond with an exclamation point as their weapon in their inventory screen. Elementals inventory screen persists after their death. You can drag items over the elemental's portrait to add them to its inventory. Weapons can be equipped to replace the yellow diamond, but the game crashes if you drag the yellow diamond onto the ground or out of the elemental’s inventory.

Probably the best QA testing I've seen so far; very very sneaky find there. Also shows that "cursed / permanent bound" item class isn't coded wink

Elementals can touch items owned by other people without complaints. Sometimes it heals them (if it’s food.) They can also move and open chests and take the items within, which vanish once they die.

Have you tried this with items flagged as Quest items? Might be possible to really break things. Also, since you can add via their portrait, do they still trigger stealing penalties / dialogue?

Last edited by SteamUser; 27/01/14 07:19 PM.
P
stranger
stranger
P
when i go into the innn in the main town, i encounter the duke. i ask him some questions, and then i notice his name changes from orange to red during the conversation. after the conversation is done something hits him with a ranged attack and then the entire inn is aggroed to me. i tried several different times and it always happens. is this a bug or part of the story?

also is everything/one supposed to drop me in 1-2 hits. npc's are cause on average 30-50 points of damage. so much so that i have only fought 2 orcs and some crabs at the start and then everything else is too hard. is this something they are going to fix or is it supposed to be this hard?

veteran
veteran
Okay, the statue demons attacking each other is intended. I wasn't sure. It's probably a good idea, because even ONE on their own is a full-fledged boss (except for the terrible drops).

Yep, elementals can happily accept quest items into their inventory as well, which vanish when they die.

They can also drag items around without store owners caring. I wasn't able to get it to drag into someone's inventory, that didn't work. But when controlling a main character, I could drag owned things into the inventory of the elemental without complaints.

Found another bug. I picked up a fish the elemental had moved, which prompted Esmerelda to ask if I was interested in buying it. I said yes... but the fish wasn't in her window of things for sale.

Y
stranger
stranger
Y
Zixzax made my game crash when he teleported me. I set my settings from medium (autodetected) to very low, and it worked.

veteran
veteran
  • The bookcase in Evelyn’s house next to the door can’t be accessed from the inside, you walk outside and access it through the stone wall.
  • When you give Murphy items to smell, there’s extra lines in the dialogue screen, but the game fast-forwards through the screen quickly and you can’t read them.
  • The unusuable waypoint shrine at (x:12, y:358) has the portal effect, even though it us unusable.
  • Also, today, I've started getting a strange bug where if I try to quit to the main menu or the desktop, the game dumps me into an infinite loading screen. It isn't frozen, or "not responding", or "Original Sin has stopped Working", I can go back to the infinite loading screen if I want, it just never ends. I have to close the program. That also doesn't produce the crash reporter tool either.

I can however start up the game and load the first save fine. Trying to load a second time though, might not work well.

Spoilers through the end of “A Mysterious Murder”:

• You can walk through the rock where you use the reveal spell. In a previous version, the entrance was set as blocking, you couldn’t walk there. That was actually a good thing. Now you can walk into the spot and materialize inside solid rock.
  • The Black cultists automatically attack when you get within sight, although their dialogue triggers and combat ends if someone gets to the top of the stairs, only to start again at the conclusion of dialogue. The same thing happens for the Evelyn fight: they attack, and if you enter the room, then the dialogue happens, and you start to fight again.
  • Something glitched out with the display of Madora’s AP in the second Black cultist fight. It appeared like she was only getting 3 Recovery AP a turn, but she did have them all, as you could see by moving the cursor around and executing commands.
  • When you pick up the Blood Stone, nothing happens. It’s when you right click it in your inventory (which drops it) that you get the blue lightning.
  • You can’t tell Arhu about solving the case until you talk to Aureus first.

Last edited by Stabbey; 28/01/14 05:01 AM. Reason: infinite loading
veteran
veteran
The Black Cove's sound FX audio seems to come and go randomly.

Some probably lag-related issues I encountered in a Canada-Russia game:

- I occasionally saw characters just walk (or glide) off-screen in one direction. After a while their position was correctly updated.

- I, as the guest, was the victim of one such event. I was walking at the start of the first skeleton house, but found myself moving until the server thought my position was farther away... within the trigger zone of a SECOND encounter, which triggered. Not good, so my partner had to retreat so we could reset the encounter.

- Once I picked up the bucket and had it in my inventory, then put it on my head... and a minute later it was gone, and my host was using the bucket to fill with water from the well.

stranger
stranger
I just want to report a bug:

If I go out of a house, the follower doesn't follow me and he stays still. But if I switch the control on him, I move it outside the house and then I switch again on the main character, the follower starts to follow me correctly.

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard