Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
stranger
stranger

The other members of my group are all down stairs.

Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak.
Ted Nugent
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
I was able to duplicate this by sitting down and then trying to take something from the book shelf and being seen by Charlene. I was then stuck just as you said. I'm assuming there was some dialogue between Scarlett and Charlene as the camera focused on Charlene. For a while I was stuck with my view on Charlene. I was able to fix camera issue by talking to Victoria. I killed Charlene in hopes that would free me, nope. I used the homestead button but upon asking to make a choice with Scarlett by ZixZaxx the game crashed. I was able to enter Black Cove and she was rejoined with the party.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Bought a copy for me and my buddy last night, played up until you get teleported/transported to that other "realm"(?) because the level becomes invisible. You only see a faint outline of some lighting and the rest looks like a star map. It's probably for the sky background but right now it looks as if I'm floating in space. Reloading doesn't seem to help either.

We are on the same network, he's on a suffice laptop and I'm on a beefy gaming rig(game looks great with everything max!).

Last edited by awilde; 02/02/14 06:52 PM.
Support
Support

And you both have the same problem?

Click and hold the mouse button down to direct your character, and you should be able to find your way to the observatory waypoint (straight north east of where you start in the homestead) and then the exit waypoint (again, straight north east). If the map / mini-map are ok, that should give you an idea of where to go.

Can you see the waypoints? A couple other people have run into this problem at the homestead, but were able to get out, so you should at least get a highlight of the waypoint when you mouse over one.

Please email supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the D:OS support tool, for both systems.

B
B
Originally Posted by Bittereinder
Originally Posted by rainy nights
Also there's something in eglandaer's room, I was there before meeting him (crushing the door to steal some things) and when he returns to that room my characters are stuck outside.

Even though there's no door anymore ('cause I destroyed it) I cannot pass and go to him.

The same thing happened to me in the lighthouse. As far as I can tell the debris of a destroyed door can block your path, but only if you first go to a different area and come back later. I tried it with the door in the warehouse and it happened:

[Linked Image]

Obviously a pretty serious bug.

Update: I came back to the lighthouse hours later to finish the Desdemona quest, and this time I was able to get in and out through the doorway without any problems. So it seems that this is a problem that occurs shortly, but not immediately after you destroy a door, and it goes away after some time for mysterious reasons.

B
B
Originally Posted by DonkeyWorld
- During the fight with Evenlyn, a cultist cast charm on an already charmed Roderick. He resisted and became uncharmed.

Yes, it seems that if you successfully make your saving throw against something that you already had a status effect of, the status effect will be canceled. Major combat bug. This is also why Hail Attack will result in an enemy being frozen much less often than you might think, because it's only the final projectile that matters.

- Bouncing fire (I forget the actual name of the spell) does not highlight who the fire will "bounce" to. Effectively it's an AoE spell with an undefined area.

Pretty sure this is WAD to introduce an element of randomness and risk. But yes, perhaps a good compromise would be to highlight the characters that the fire could possibly leap to. Only problem is that I don't know how you would make it clear that this is a mostly hypothetical AOE, I think players would get confused.

I also forgot the name of the spell even though I used it constantly in my latest playthrough...

journeyman
journeyman
So my little list of bugs in this version :

-After being attacked by the 3 guys on the beach that are supposed to drop the staff of Perrgamon and killing them the staff did not drop.

-Even though I have the sheep corpse I can not do anything else when I talk to the sheep owner and she reacts as she would if I hadn't discovered the corpse yet.

-I've used the remote control to self destruct the ahru sparkmaster 5000 but my journal isn't updated and still says that I have to take care of it.

-At one point I had the human and the cat ahru in the same room at the same time. The cat didn't have anything to sell though.

-once I entered the butcher shop with the chicken inside the dialogue started each time a character came in (since I had the 2 companions it started 4 times) and 2 times once I came out. So I ended up with 6 points in compassion.

and a last point. I found the infectious flame to be quite over powered as it sometimes dealt as much as 4x49 damage and one shoted several ennemies.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
For the Arhu Failed Experiment you may need to
so to the jail and speak to Yoranus. He will thank you for saving him from the machine

EDIT: Pixie Dust + Paper = ??? Shows animation but nothing happens
Magic Needle and Thread + Leather Scraps = ??? Shows animation but nothing happens (assuming it makes magic based Leather Armor)

It would appear that the pressure switch that starts the Another Crazed Mage does nothing apart from triggering Billeh Gahr. Stepping off doesn't trigger the explosion. The hidden button under the rug cannot be interacted with.
The pressure plate triggers the conversation with Billeh Gahr every time it is stepped on.

Last edited by lokitrixter; 02/02/14 09:20 PM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
Another two small ones:

- When entering dialogs, the tooltips for object names pop on top of the dialog box

- And you can sit on a stool with already someone on it without any problem it seems. I made Roderick sit on the stool with the chicken on the market place in Cyseal wink

Last edited by mithrandir; 02/02/14 10:48 PM.
veteran
veteran
- The second ship that was lost in the attack on the harbour is moss-covered, like the wrecks. Since it was in use, it should not look like a wreck abandoned for years.

- If you have the inventory window open, your Movement is not updated if you switch between Sneak and normal modes.

veteran
veteran
Found an exploit with the four demons:

- I triggered the Earth one by a Poison Dart scroll on the platform, but the one who shot it was so far away that combat didn’t start. I had to move closer first. I might have been able to summon all four from far away and watched them kill each other, then picked up the loot after killing the weakened survivor.

EDIT: Nevermind, I tried this, and with three demons out, they just stood there. No one tried attacking each other until I was in range for combat.

- Nice to see the prison economy working so well. The guards are letting Esmerelda run her shop from jail!

Last edited by Stabbey; 03/02/14 02:04 PM. Reason: demons
veteran
veteran
- Enemy healing spells are still the old, weak versions the players had in v102.

- All polearms/spears have the “Staff” model.

- When you ignite a poison surface with fire, you can get green clouds that look odd, but do not actually do anything (I think), even though they persist after combat ends.

- Poison surface left by certain enemies when the die doesn’t go away on its own after combat ends.

- I managed to destroy a table... but all the things on it stayed floating in midair.

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
Originally Posted by Regnox
So my little list of bugs in this version :

-After being attacked by the 3 guys on the beach that are supposed to drop the staff of Perrgamon and killing them the staff did not drop.

No they dont drop it...
Evalyn has it. you should have read her diary

-When one of your characters is down, and he/she levels up in that state his health will go full, but he will remain dead.. teleporting just brings along his grave... resurrection scroll cannot be used.... so If you level up in battle make sure both characters are alive till patch.

- When you pick up an item at esmeraldas shop, and say no just looking ect.. Esmeralda is acting very suicidal. She gets the standard NPC script and one of those also says I think her wife esmaralda should be hung...

- I Dont know if this is a bug or not. but when confronting the duke about the letter. everyone in the INN starts attacking you, when you do flee and come back you will have -40 attitude with everyone in that room..

When you have Evelyn's pouch and try to right click it you see inventory_like_barrel pop up for a half a second with a key in it but it closes so fast automatically that you cant pick it up

T
stranger
stranger
T
I don't know if these two bugs have been postet yet.

- If I click on a skill while being in fight the icon flickers (fades from black to the icon) while it is active.

- The journal button next to the minimap is sometimes black too. When I click on it the journal opens as usual and the icon is displayed for some time. Then, the icon is missing again until i click on the black box. EDIT: It seems that the icon is missing again as soon as the journal is updated.

Last edited by Tomcat18; 03/02/14 03:38 PM.
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
I was able to barter for the staff from Dietmar and then killed him and got my stuff back.
@Fedayin are you trying to open it in the room you found it? There is an issue with picking up barrels, containers, etc and opening them away from where you picked them up. To solve this drop the item, pick it up, open it. Should work. Hope they fix this as I like to carry containers and such to hold my stuff and better manage my inventory.

B
stranger
stranger
B
I've found that when I trade with most of the vendors around the market place, and sell some junk that I've picked up I don't get any gold in return. yet the items are no longer in my inventory.
I've been able to duplicate this in several new games, and with different characters initiating the trade.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Originally Posted by Buzkill
I've found that when I trade with most of the vendors around the market place, and sell some junk that I've picked up I don't get any gold in return. yet the items are no longer in my inventory.
I've been able to duplicate this in several new games, and with different characters initiating the trade.

That's not a bug, it's by design. You have to balance the trade, there's a button which adds the required amount of money if you buy oder sell items.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Thanks *facepalm

X
stranger
stranger
X
Deleted my original post to move to this topic.

While playing yesterday for quite some time, I noticed 2 things that seem to be an issue, that I tested multiple times to make sure.

First: When using the spell "Water Shield" (I think it's called) on my Cleric, it was not properly giving me the tooltip amount of +49% HP for the duration. Instead it was reducing my health by 49%. I tested this multiple times, checking the character stats screen and never did my maximum health go beyond my default, instead my health would drop to 49% of my maximum. I will post screenshots when I get home from my steam files. So I would have 160/160 before using it, and after using it, I would be down to 82 HP out of 160, instead of 160/238 (if they chose the route that you don't get the full Hp after buffing)

Second: When using my ranger character, when trying to use the skill that shoots multiple arrows quickly (forgot name - at work) and any type of special arrow (ie: Fire Arrow, Poison Cloud arrow) it would load the animation, and then she would "shoot" her bow, but I would not lose action points, and the enemy would not get hurt nor there be any elemental effect. When going out of combat I was able to shoot the ground using a Fire Arrow and Poison Cloud arrow without issues.

I will try again when I get home to replicate these issues, and come back here to post screenshots for the Water Shield skill bug.

edit: Third: It seems that quite a few Legionnaires that I attack, or even NPCs etc, do not engage in a fight when I attack them. They just keep spouting their phrases but stand there and take the beating. That cannot be as intended. It really takes away from the game when I decide I want to murder someone, and they stand there and just take it! smile

Xerolith #481313 03/02/14 09:55 PM
stranger
stranger
Bugs:
  • Ives & Vinnie, fishers at the harbour, don't seem to care if their fishing poles are stolen or thrown around.
  • Lockpicking one of Evelyn's doors isn't seen as thieving behaviour while the other is.
  • Deer don't react to being shot.
  • If player A talks to person X and player B is trading with person Y, A gets the ability to trade with Y. This is especially obvious when both players are dealing with different traders.
  • The other player's character and companions leave floating gear at random points when leaving view.
  • It's possible to throw items in- and outside buildings with enough strength under certain circumstances.
  • I assume the auto-resurrection is in the alpha to ease testing because it's a horribly boring mechanic otherwise.
  • The quest with Euliander and the Orc Feud: The quest gets stuck in scripting limbo if you kill Euliander during a conversation with him or just killing him. It never resolves or adds journal entries on his death.
  • Companion assignment in mulitplayer bugs out when characters get charmed (and other such spells/events I assume) where upon control over the characters is switched around.
  • Rebinding companions to the other player is impossible.
  • Loading a game results in player 2 losing control over his companion.
  • Every character seems to be triggering exploration XP multiple times. It's very easy to farm XP by just running in the trigger zones.
  • Dagger + Branch, results in a spear and the dagger remaining in the inventory.
  • It's still possible to use items on themselves for crafting.
  • Certain spells cause self-damage on the caster, including the firefly and the tornado.
  • The sparring legionnaires in Cyseal absorb all damage if you attack them, making them immortal to at least melee damage.

Suggestions:
  • A master volume slider for audio would be nice.
  • It would be easier to follow conversations between one player and a NPC if the player's questions/responses would be shown in floating text as well.
  • Part of the previous suggestion, after a conversation between the player characters you don't see the last response, instead immediately the window closes and the trait increases are shown, making you guess on the response based on the trait.
  • An end turn hotkey would be nice.
  • Portrait casting for heals and buffs would be pretty handy.
  • Stretchable grid inventory or a button to show more rows would be appreciated, if you carry a lot of stuff around it's annoying to scroll in the inventory.
  • More combinations with dough would be nice (fruits, vegetables, etc.)
  • If the crafting with the forge/anvil and metals will be expanded it might be of interest to add a drop down menu to allow other items being crafted. Only getting an axe or a sword from a certain material would be rather wasteful.
  • A flee system or morale system for low level/heavily wounded/unarmed enemies might be interesting to add. It's kind of odd to start a murder spree in town and see the civilians throw their life in the fray together with the legionnaires versus overpowered PCs.
  • Combat seems to be a lot easier (a bit to easy) in the latest patch compared to the last. Mages deal tons of damage now and their power increases exponentially with better spells and intelligence increases.

Last edited by Freakydemon; 03/02/14 10:04 PM.
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard