Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Support
Support

Currently you still need to buy a Lockpick skill book to learn the skill (arrow vendor; requires level 2 Way of the Ranger), if you don't start with a rogue class character.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Lexxx
Hi, Guys. I just bought the game and the first playing experinece is when I just started to play the window scrols down every 1-2 minutes and it's impossible to play at all. Can you help me or ask developers to fix this annoying bug.

You can center on your party by pressing the Home key. The camera is probably moving because you are playing in windowed mode and the cursor still listens to the mouse, or because you alt-tabbed out of fullscreen and the camera was moved with the mouse. We are aware of this.

Tweeting @forktong
B
B
Are the developers aware of the door-rendering problem? If you click on the inside of a house and your party is far away, you will be able to walk through the door because it hadn't been rendered yet when you clicked. I am mentioning this in particular because it is potentially game-breaking.

Same goes for the way quickloading short-circuits NPC routines.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Originally Posted by Raze

Currently you still need to buy a Lockpick skill book to learn the skill (arrow vendor; requires level 2 Way of the Ranger), if you don't start with a rogue class character.

Thx, good to know rogue is the only proper thief from the start smile

Also noticed hair clipping through helmets - small annoyance and hope its an easy fix for you guys (I'd place it somewhere at the end of bug importance).

Madora purchased items from Esmeralda, when she tried to give Roderick her old items so he could sell them back to Esmeralda we were accused of theft. I tried loading an older game & do the same thing but have Madora give Roderick on the other side of town away from Esmeralda the same thing happened. I reloaded and went to the homestead before trying to give the stuff back to Roderick, Esmeralda arrived at the homestead launched a fireball killing all my characters & Zixzax.

Support
Support
Originally Posted by Bittereinder
Are the developers aware of the door-rendering problem?

Yes (and the issue with quicksaving/loading).

Originally Posted by mechati
(I'd place it somewhere at the end of bug importance).
Apparently, so would Larian. evil
There are still textures and models being added and temporary art assets replaced, so I would assume it is best to wait until everything is in before starting to fine tune collision detection, etc.

Originally Posted by gbnf
I reloaded and went to the homestead before trying to give the stuff back to Roderick, Esmeralda arrived at the homestead launched a fireball killing all my characters & Zixzax.

Well, that seems a tad overzealous, even if she had been right about the items being stolen...

The tongs/calipers on one of the tables in Evelyn's hideout are showing up without a description (along with whatever the lockpicklike items are supposed to be). There are also sextants present as loot, but their inventory graphic looks like a jumble of metal lumps.

Undead archers tend to shout "You'll pay for that!" when you hit undead mages, but not when you hit anyone else (including the archers themselves).

After dealing with Evelyn's hideout and talking to Jake, the healer Thelyron will still give his "Far be it from her to tell me what she's doing..." line before continuing to the "So she was the culprit..." one. He'll still be willing to hypothesize about where she has run off to as well.

Not strictly a bug, but I find it a bit odd that incriminating items like Evelyn's journal and some of the notes in her house and the cave don't function as proof of what you're saying about her and the events in the cave, especially when talking to Aureus.

After rescuing the hapless farmers from Arhu's machine, they run off to get patched up but seem to disappear, and they certainly don't appear to set the story straight about what the Five were up to. (Everyone in town still talks about how the Five saved the town from blah blah blah...)

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
My saved games have the wrong screenshot and time on them. I can get to my last saved game just takes trial and error because they are no longer in order by the time when you saved them either since the picture and time are wrong on everyone of them.

It happened when I did a quick save to reload because my mouse scroll wouldn't work any more, not the games fault I need a new mouse. The quick save instead of going into the quick saves went to a save file I had made.

Last edited by arkand; 17/02/14 06:19 AM.

Originally Posted by gbnf
I reloaded and went to the homestead before trying to give the stuff back to Roderick, Esmeralda arrived at the homestead launched a fireball killing all my characters & Zixzax.

Well, that seems a tad overzealous, even if she had been right about the items being stolen... [/quote]

Well that is the irony, none of the things I was selling to her were stolen. I have Roderick at barter level 5, so he sells everything. Whenever any of the other characters upgrade their stuff Roderick gives them the gold to buy the items. This isn't the first time I have been accused of theft when I haven't stole anything. Make no mistake I have stolen items, usually after I have killed someone, but in these cases it was totally legit. Just thought it was amusing that Esmeralda somehow made it to them homestead then 1-shotted me and poor Zixzax who was blameless in this situation.

R
stranger
stranger
R
ARAMINTAI re Bertia

Only read Robert's Journal AFTER (a) questioning him about the corpse, (b) recovering the "corpse", (c) challenging him about the finding. This will let you learn what happens to "little Bo-Peep when she loses her sheep"! (The Journal's a red-herring - a black-sheep(?) - and perhaps ought not to be readable).

Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by regadrow
ARAMINTAI re Bertia

Only read Robert's Journal AFTER (a) questioning him about the corpse, (b) recovering the "corpse", (c) challenging him about the finding. This will let you learn what happens to "little Bo-Peep when she loses her sheep"! (The Journal's a red-herring - a black-sheep(?) - and perhaps ought not to be readable).

Noooooo... the solution is to fix the Bertia quest, not damage the MAIN quest. The Roberts skill check is easy to get wrong, and you need the journal.

S
S
Bug - Mechanics

Priority - Low / Medium

Having massacred almost the entire of Cyseal (haven't reached the barracks yet), criminal code is obviously not in*. However, you can kill the two sparring legionaries; you just need to make them fail their burning resist checks. Using infectious fire this was possible (it also seemed to be the case that if the fire jumped from a passing non-invulnerable one they failed more easily, but this could be luck).

Both are now tomb stones.

*The only time the criminal flag / fight kicked in was when my infectious fire skipped onto the dock warehouse door, triggering that fight. The only two NPCs who complained were Esmeralda & Victoria. No-one else responded while I burnt them to a crisp...

~

Bug - Mechanics

Priority - Medium

Using infectious fire [or any other AoE] on masses of barrels / packages results in spectacular fireworks, but also - massive sound stuttering and eventually the engine slows down. Memory leak?

~

Bug - Content / RNG mechanics (?)

Priority - Low

The chest in the dock's warehouse had a legendary item in it (this is the only legendary chest item I've found); however, the stats were very paltry at best. (+AC, nothing else). I'm obviously hoping that legendary items would have a <special> pre/suffix table to roll from, unobtainable on normal green/blues. Likewise, the source spider horror dropped legendary boots - which had no bonuses apart from +1 luck and marginally decent AC (10).

Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Re: Legendary Items - I found a chest full of them under the Burial Mounds, and they had a lot of stats like you would expect - but nothing out of the ordinary of usual items. So in some cases they are working. The idea of a special table which has unique effects that only appear on Legendary items is a great idea.

More bugs:

1) Go upstairs in Esmeralda’s house and you’re close enough to Samson to have his diatrabe show up in the combat log.

2) Thug used Nullify Resistances on itself. Maybe he was casting on me, but it didn’t seem to hit and there was no message about a saving throw. If he was casting on himself, I can’t imagine why.

3) Purifying flame doesn’t work on your party members or enemies, only yourself. I thought that was half the point of the spell.

4) Whirlwind destroyed a campfire. That left a cooking pot floating in mid-air. I’m not sure it makes sense for campfires to be destructible. Or tables, for that matter, if things on them are just going to float in mid-air.

5) Minor decoration. Maybe move one of the trees at x:86, y: 385 one step away from the other so you can walk between them. It looks like there's room, but you can't right now.

6) You are unable to walk around the left side of the rock at x:39, y:331. It looks like you should be able to, so if you’re going to forbid that, at least put some more big rocks blocking the way.

7) You can walk through the rocks secret cult entrance, both before and after it's revealed. It should be blocking, even when it is invisible.

8) In the second room of the cult hideout, I walked in with Madora, triggering the leader’s dialogue. When it ended, combat started… but Madora was somehow in a strange area outside the map now (x:652, y:380). That led me to a new discovery:

9)When you use the teleporter pyramid in combat, all chained party members teleport to the location of the pyramid, instead of only the one who used it.

10) A cultist shot an arrow at Scarlett. It missed, and then she failed her saving throw vs knockdown. Was it a knockdown arrow that applied the effect even though it missed?

11) End of murder mystery:
The "White Witch" Journal entry says that Arhu told us about the White Witch. It was actually Jake.

H
journeyman
journeyman
H
When Jahan casts Tornado enough times, the damage it does to him will provoke him into combat with the party.

B
B
Originally Posted by Stabbey
8) In the second room of the cult hideout, I walked in with Madora, triggering the leader’s dialogue. When it ended, combat started… but Madora was somehow in a strange area outside the map now (x:652, y:380). That led me to a new discovery:

A similar thing happened to me with the first group of cultists in the previous version. It seems that the character to trigger a conversation there sometimes just keeps walking during the dialogue, ending up in a completely different place. I'm not sure why and if it has to do with the fact that combat has usually already started by the time the cultist conversations get triggered.

Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Level Design / Story Mistake:

Spoilers for the Murder quest:

Roberts (the Mortician) tells you on confessing that Jake's body disappeared when he was downstairs talking with Esmeralda. ... except that THERE'S NO BACK DOOR for anyone to have left from.

Quick solution: Change Robert's dialogue so that the body vanished while he was sleeping. This would mean altering a bit about why he thinks Esmeralda took the body, though.

Really quick solution: Have Robers say that Esmeralda got him to leave the shop for a bit to talk to her (thus giving someone time to slip in through the only door).

Alternate Solution: Put a (locked) door in Robert's bedroom that leads on to the parapet outside his house.

F
stranger
stranger
F
-I leveled up in front of Cecilia, procced a dialogue between scarlett and roderick: got stuck, couldn't do anything. However, saveing and reloading launched the dialogue

-Used bucked on well, it popped a full bucket beside it but couldn't interact with it

L
apprentice
apprentice
L
- Aborting a initiated crafting process by moving the character doesn't work anymore. The progress bar is canceled but it still combines both items. A separate crafting window would be nice as well as it is a lil bit bothersome when you accidentally initiate the crafting mechanism because you wanted to rearrange your inventory.

- Found a water skill book as random loot in some chest with a placeholder title.
[Linked Image]

- Found several items of the same type that were and weren't stackable like apples and skulls.

- Wasn't able to devide 'Small Potion Flasks' anymore.

- Fire spells seem to heal every aspect demon in the watcher statue fight except the water demon.

- Trading range != conversation range. Easily seen when encountering dietmar and his gang. Why is trading with him possible anyway?

- Everytime your near a buried treasure the currently leading character yells "Careful! I spotted a trap."

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

- Found a hidden treasure under the pink tree. And by hidden i mean "invisible" as stated by Scarlet as well.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

- I am not entirely sure how to get into the loot pinata cave regular but i found a way by using phoenix dive jump. The exit of the left way is somehow not there where its entrance is.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

- You can see the upper floor of the tavern from the cellar of the lighttower.

[Linked Image]

- Elemental shields make the clothes you are wearing disappear. And i mean the clothes only not the armor you are wearing.

Conan!
[Linked Image]

- This chest is supposed to vanish along with the scarecrow if you get too close. Atleast if the chest wasn't destroyed in the fight before. However you can get the chest if you teleport it away from the scarecrow. What i tried first was to sneak up that bitch which always resulted in a CTD because the 'vanish' script doesn't seem to fire in sneak mode.

[Linked Image]

- If you open the door to Evelyn's lair the initiated fight starts with her out of sight. The first of your characters that walks some steps inside and triggers the conversation with her looses his turn for that round (because a new fight is initiated as stated in the log) even if he had some AP left over which is some kind of an annoying disadvantage.

- Characters that were charmed are still shown as hostile person in the turnbar at the top of the screen even though the effect weared off.

Last edited by Loadrunner; 18/02/14 08:18 AM.
Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
- It seems like even in v147, saved-game data is still leaking over. I started a new game, and the first time I talk to Arhu in his workshop, I ask him about Jake's corpse, and he's surprised to hear it was replaed with a sheep. So was I, since I hadn't visited the graveyard yet.

- For laughs, I decided to name both of my characters "Alex". Is it possible that might be causing a problem with dual dialogues? Because sometimes my characters portraits get confused and flicker in and out in the dual dialogue. I haven't seen that happen before.

- The Warrior's "Rush" skill lets you pass through allies – without damaging them.

- Is it possible to find a crossbow that doesn't require 10 Dex? That's all Esmeralda seems to have on sale.

B
B
Regarding that Arhu line, I don't think it's bleed-through, the same thing happened to me during my first playthrough with this build. I think we're simply not supposed to have access to the 'About Jake's corpse' line yet, or there's something wrong with the coding.

As mentioned in one of my previous bug reports, a similar thing happens when you talk to Thelyron about the patients. His first line says 'both of them died so needlessly' even though that makes no sense. The second line has him talking normally about whichever patient you saved.

Last edited by Bittereinder; 18/02/14 04:40 AM.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard