Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14
L
apprentice
apprentice
L
- Had a weird bug with auto walking of a non active character. When i approached the Cyseal city gate for the first time my leading character was Scarlett followed by Roderick who had to catch up because his walking path got blocked by patrolling guards. Cause i know most of the things Arhu has to say i skipped most of it and choose 'Take my leave'. Just that moment Roderick catched up and came near Scarlett. But instead of stopping near by, he started wandering off into the city without my doing.

Although you can't do anything until you accept the message box, Roderick wandered off into the city without my doing. So i watched him a lil bit wondering where he wants to go.
[Linked Image]

Took a short stop at the warehouse before moving on.
[Linked Image]

In most cases he ended up standing on the stairs leading up to the market.
[Linked Image]

This bug is reproduceable. Just make sure there is certain distance between the two characters like Scarlett standing near the bridge and Roderick on the way leading down the to beach fight. Then reconnect both chars so Roderick catches up. In the meantime use Scarlett to engage the conversation with Arhu and choose 'Take my leave'.

The funny thing about the auto walk thing is, that it leads to other strange bugs. For instance...

As i watched Roderick wandering around in the city the grieving orc event suddenly triggered and Scarlett got teleported infront ot the orc.
[Linked Image]

Remember she was standing on the bridge where the conversation with Arhu takes places the whole time. How did she get there?
[Linked Image]

A quick look on the map proofs that she got teleported there as there is still fog of war around her.
[Linked Image]

Another one...

I tried to reproduce the grieving orc event thing and waited for it to happen. But this time the orc fight that takes place infront of the black cave got triggerd. WTF?
[Linked Image]

Come at me bro i am level 2!
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Loadrunner; 04/04/14 02:25 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
MP bug:

I was host and my friend at any time was unable to take control of any companion, also i cant chain any companion to him.

However before we reloaded savegame it worked OK, but when i reloaded and he joined in he was unable to take control of any companion

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Loadrunner

- Encountered a problem where your character doesn't pick up the item you ordered him to pick up. He does the 'picking up' gesture but doesn't get the item. This happens very frequently with items lying on top of objects. I should mention that i used the highlight function to pick up the items.

A good example are the items on this table in the tutorial dungeon.
[Linked Image]

I ran into this problem as well. Others are saying you have to wait for the animation to finish, but that was not the problem in my case (and perhaps yours).

For me it was also one of the arrowheads in the tutorial dungeon in the picture you're showing. My character kept doing the gesture but the arrowhead would never fly off surface/altar it was resting on. The only way I was able to pick it up was to first move the arrowhead to another surface (the floor) and *then* pick it up from there.

- Where is dat shell?

You only know its there because of the highlight function.
[Linked Image]

That shell can be accessed by traveling towards it from the first waypoint you reach. The area it lays in is a bit hidden (on purpose). I think that shell is probably purposely placed there where it's visible from the other side to encourage you to go looking from it.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Weidan
Hello.
I dont know. This is bug or not, but my PC always overheats if i dont start game and just look screen of character creation. After 5 min on this screen CPU and GPU heat 90 degree. In game always 60-70 degree max. But if i try to read all percs and make character too long - PC reboot with overheat. In alpha i never see that.

PS Medium graphics settings, AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+, Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT 1Gb

PPS Sorry for my english...

I'm not sure if this is the case here, but that's a common complaint with simpler scenes in games (i.e. character creation, loading screens).

You might need to enable VSYNC in the options menu or (if your card's software supports it) set a frame limiter of 60 FPS. In those cases the problem is linked to the simpler game scene being rendered at a very high FPS (because the scene is simple and it can) for long periods of time.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Originally Posted by Rylce
hi,

we can't separate same item in inventory,shift button dont work.
2 healing potions can't put on one and one.

It's working for me, you need to start moving the item with left button, then click (and hold) shift, move the stack to a free slot of your inventory, then stop clicking left. If you still have shift pressed, you'll have a box asking how many items you want. Did it with a bunch of potions to split them in my party.

journeyman
journeyman
a pretty heavy bug (at least for me): whenever I go to the northern gate of cyseal the game crashes. I tried different routs and different save games but it still happened all the time. I'll start a new game and tell whether it still crashes.

Edit: In the new game the game does not crash

another bug (sry if it's already known): If you constantly switch between the characters while the on character is being resurrected, the animation restarts when chosing the reviving character

Last edited by Razzmann; 04/04/14 07:45 PM.

Spiegelberg! He, Spiegelberg! Die Bestie hoert nicht.
Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I've experienced something similar at the western gate, the one leading to the undead parts. The strange thing is that the first time, I passed through there it was fine (I was coming from the west into Cyseal, but when I headed back, I got a "win32 exception error" (and I'm running Win7 64-bit, not 32 bit). Then every time after that it crashed when I tried to go that way after passing a certain point.

I gave up and deleted that saved game, thinking it was corrupt, but when the game crashed after trying to load another saved game, I gave up and uninstalled the game, then reinstalled it. I do not know if that will help fix it. If it doesn't, then the beta will essentially be unplayable for me, as there's nothing left to do.

X
stranger
stranger
X

- Identifying items seems to be broken. I could not identify any of the items i found on my way to the city even though i had the required lore master skill point and the identifying glass (bought from the potion vendor on the market). The identifying progress bar appears when using the glass but nothing happens when it finishs.

Workaround for the Identify Issue:
try to click multiple times on the item while progress bar is showing (with the identifying glass active), worked for me after some time.

---XaKoS
veteran
veteran
Hey, that actually worked... thanks.
I wonder if that's intended. Seems unlikely.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Im not sure if this is intentional or a bug as i just played the game several minutes:

- cursor changed to "hack" cursor without im holding the ctrl button. i exit to desktop and restart the game, went back to normal and cant reproduce the (i assume is a) bug
- my two handed long sword suddenly broke, it says it need some repairment, i forget the exact word. let me update this later.
- suddenly hacking to stuff like vase and crates changed from using two handed sword to somekind of kungfu movement. this maybe related to the above. the problem is, when i keep hacking on stuff suddenly the stance and movement went to that of using two handed sword, but without the sword.

i have pics, but too lazy to upload now. i'll upadte later.

veteran
veteran
Hacking stuff away hurts your weapon, till it got too little durability to use.

Don't feel bad, I did the exact same thing when going through the dungeon.

E
apprentice
apprentice
E
You can buy Blood stone from Evelyn. If you do so and then ask about healing patients she will be really surprised that stone is gone. Does she have such short memory? smile

Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Bug?: Points into Intelligence do not reduce the AP cost of Staff of Magus. I increased my Witch's Intelligence from 8 to 9, and that reduced the AP cost of all my spells except that one. That's likely because as a "Special" skill, it doesn't fall under any of the STR/DEX/INT categories.

In that case, just reduce the AP cost of Staff of Magus from 4 to 3 and I'll be satisfied with it.

Bug: I spent my Primary Attribute point and left my ability point alone, but my portrait doesn’t show the green + anymore, indicating I still have a point to spend.

Bug: The Knight’s “Cure Wounds” spell, when cast on the Knight himself, heals him twice. It only heals other people once.

E
apprentice
apprentice
E
If you take Lone Wolf talent after taking Raistlin, it will replace health halving of Raistlin. So you will end up with 180% health and double AP, instead of 90% hp and double AP.

veteran
veteran
That's quite the exploit there Ender 0_o

@ Stabby; Did you purchase any of the special things which give 1 stat point (buff or something was it). I bought it on my female PC and she didn't have the + with ability points left, my male PC did have points left and +. Maybe it thinks the 2 points spend, all is okay.
If not, we need to find another probable reason smile

M
addict
addict
M
Couple bugs I've noticed (sorry if they've already been mentioned elsewhere):

-Some map location markers later disappear after first being placed on the map, and don't later reappear when the locations are revisited (mortician's building; legion cook's building, etc.)
-Some signs (such as the one outside the legion cook's building) are marked as "owned," so trying to read them triggers NPC aggro
-Moving containers up and down stairs causes containers to look disproportionately large during placement
-Still problems with level-up icons (both "arrows" and "plus signs") incorrectly appearing/not appearing over character portraits
-If you give Victoria's amulet to Egleander, but then immediately force-attack/kill him as he starts to leave the room, Victoria, and sometimes others, will no longer talk with you; it's definitely a bug, as there's no indication that anyone noticed the murder or is angry with you

veteran
veteran
As a test I tried to pickpocket the bulls in the near the entrance to the first town, and they became hostile, and combat initiated. All the human NPCs around me became hostile as well - towards the bulls (in other words, the people allied with me, the instigator).

I guess it makes some sense (in their eyes the bulls are suddenly going crazy and attacking), but is that working as intended?

Also, the penalties for pickpocketing seem too severe. Every time I've failed while attempting it, a fight ensues (usually a massive battle involving a good deal of the town). Were these people burned by pickpocketers in the past or something? "Never forget, never forgive!"

My expectation is that the punishment would be more in-line with normal, blatant theft, where the summoned guards initiate a dialogue with you, and you can allow yourself to be arrested or choose to fight them.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Some problems that i have noticed (sorry for my english) :

-Sometimes ingame music just stopped and combat sounds/spells sounds, when this happend your game will also crash if you try to load a game or go to the main menu.
-identifying item doesn't work.
-that's not a bug but please do something with dagger durability, my thief break almost one weapon when i have a boss fight.
-Can't hide helmet.
-The Ahru's-Giant-Robot command doesn't work for me.

[spoiler]

-During evelynn's fight i killed zombi Jak and now i can't continue the quest (did i miss something ?).

Last edited by Snakeox; 05/04/14 04:14 PM.
F
apprentice
apprentice
F
Besides the SFX problems.

On the 32 bit Vista Version(up to date) and lowest settings on res 1650x1050 with 4gb ram. There are problems with cleaning of the level, Which wont allow me to close the game without using Alt-F4 or loading previous saves while ingame.

Loading saves while just opening the game is no problem.

Also level transtitions like transportation to the end of times is also no problem.

I am using the steam version since the alpha and I still haven't been able to use the report tool because it cant find my game smirk

edit: some typos

Last edited by Fedayin; 06/04/14 09:17 AM.
R
stranger
stranger
R
Just picked up the game last night. Like what I see so far.

Luckily, only ran into one bug thus far:

-Floating barrels. Happens ~60% of the time after throwing one and then walking away until it's off-screen. I can still grab it.

I've been playing Diablo 3 lately, so maybe it's just me, but the characters feel very slow while walking/running around. Not sure if this counts as a bug.

S'more:

-As others have mentioned, sound cuts in and out, and eventually dies down completely--with the exception of fireplaces and portals.

-Target box is small.

-C'mon, Murphy. You're supposed to run into hazards to save people, not because you're trying to tell me Timmy fell down a well while I'm in the middle of a fight.

-After playing for a few hours, start to hear static around portals and fireplaces.

-Game crashed once while quitting game. I've only played for about 10 hours, so a lot more crashes might pop up.

Last edited by Redbeard; 08/04/14 12:36 AM.
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard