Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Lotrotk
There're a few bits from the earliest announcements of DOS that might give us a clue:
  • The original name for the game is 'eyes of a child'
  • The original background for Rodderick was to be someone who was tortured.
  • The original background for Scarlett was to be someone who was resurrected from death
Altough that information is possibly out of date, considering there's no obligation to have 2 male or female characters.

Finally, the useful information!

journeyman
journeyman
By the way, does anyone know, how progresses timeline?

1) Dragon Comander
2) Original Sin
3) Divine Divinity
4) Beyond Divinity
5) Divini Divinity 2

???

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Originally Posted by Edvin
By the way, does anyone know, how progresses timeline?

1) Dragon Comander
2) Original Sin
3) Divine Divinity
4) Beyond Divinity
5) Divini Divinity 2

???

Yes, this is the timeline: For all the exact dates there is some information here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin/posts/452503

T
terra Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
bible... like... really!?

lets just remember:

the topic began with... so is there romance or not in the game???

and of course we got no official answer. at least the game is out next week, then we will know for sure.

Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
Originally Posted by Darth_Trethon

Hahahaha this is precious.....I'd tell you a few things I think about this iconic text of western cannon but 95% would be censored. opa horsey

With respect, I'd rather hear it from someone who understands Gensis wink

addict
addict
Originally Posted by terra
bible... like... really!?

lets just remember:

the topic began with... so is there romance or not in the game???

and of course we got no official answer. at least the game is out next week, then we will know for sure.

I think it started with "Is there romance?". Then we added sex. Then we discussed could Original Sin mean sex. So we discussed what the Original Sin was. Course we were half way to Chattanooga by then.

Would still like to have clarified the supposed contradictions between the interview and all the 'game features' we have.

veteran
veteran
As far as Larian deliberately tying some of the cultural meaning to Original Sin and being very much aware of what they are invoking by using this title AND the romantic implications of everything they've shown there's this bit here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin/posts?page=3

[Linked Image]

At this point there's not much more to say on this topic other than: Larian had better not back away and scrap all romance options and content.

Last edited by Darth_Trethon; 23/06/14 08:43 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Zozma

Hahahaha this is precious.....I'd tell you a few things I think about this iconic text of western cannon but 95% would be censored. opa horsey

Oh I understand genesis....you may deny it to the day you die and of course I expect nothing less from bible heads than to claim that anyone who disagrees with them understands nothing but the fact is I very much understand genesis.

Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
Originally Posted by Zozma

Oh I understand genesis....you may deny it to the day you die and of course I expect nothing less from bible heads than to claim that anyone who disagrees with them understands nothing but the fact is I very much understand genesis.

I'm neither any sort of Christian or a "Bible head." Regardless, your protest has been duly noted and duly disregarded. If you have anything to say that isn't drenched in self-righteous contempt and misconception, I'd be happy to hear it. Until then, this conversation's over.

journeyman
journeyman
If you want to continue in this conversation, please use PM.
I dare to claim that for most people it is not that interesting as for you.

B
stranger
stranger
B

[Linked Image]

That image says it all.

There is no love story. There is a love story if you want to go in that direction. The game has no romance. Your companion can be your friend or lover.

STOP CONTRADICTING YOURSELVES, Larian.

It's like 50% hates romance, but the other half wanted it. Frustrating.

journeyman
journeyman
[Linked Image]

enthusiast
enthusiast
Speculation: The Thread

"Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that" - Leunig
D
dot Offline
journeyman
journeyman
D
Maybe, just maybe human relationships are much more complex then just "friends", just "lovers", maybe and this might sound so weird: maybe relationships can be everything and none of the mentioned as they progress over time. How about not thinking binary?

addict
addict
Sorry Swen Picture

really? i mean ... really?

"I don't make games to make money, I make money to make games". (Swen Vincke)
G
stranger
stranger
G
Ewww video game romance, aka one of the worst idea of the industry in the last decades.
Thanks bioware for teaching far nerds they can date virtual bimbos by playing rpgs.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by 4verse
Sorry Swen Picture

really? i mean ... really?

This is an old psychological trick.

If this topic will ever read any of devs, this picture may be shock big enough to give us the answer.

It's easy to ignore long articles, but the images will dig into memory.

Last edited by Edvin; 24/06/14 10:49 AM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by dot
Maybe, just maybe human relationships are much more complex then just "friends", just "lovers", maybe and this might sound so weird: maybe relationships can be everything and none of the mentioned as they progress over time. How about not thinking binary?

It is a game that isn't about romance, it just may (or may not) be something that's added. I never expected a lot from it, certainly not anything that's complex. Even actual 'life sims' can't get romance right. Heck most can't get it right in real life.

T
terra Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Originally Posted by Glamour
Ewww video game romance, aka one of the worst idea of the industry in the last decades.
Thanks bioware for teaching far nerds they can date virtual bimbos by playing rpgs.

oh..oh... i thought it was taking too long for this kind of post to appear here.

anyway... as usual, people like to talk about self-experience... righ!?

thanks for sharing your life experience with us. its was meaningful no doubt.

addict
addict
love is for the weak! power is all that matters!

Last edited by 4verse; 24/06/14 04:03 PM.

"I don't make games to make money, I make money to make games". (Swen Vincke)
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard