Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
journeyman
journeyman
Thank you, that works. I tried to add 3 and only the 3rd one worked, and I got the bugged list JTE had mentioned. It also didn't seem to load all the default henchmen either, it went from level 11 to level 17. Going to try just editing existing ones and see if that cuts down on the bugs.

And also just to confirm, you get the 'Main mod' error when loading the game? So you can't play online, which makes sense, but it works for me.

EDIT: Regarding the models, there is a different set of preset heads, hair, etc. for Henchman than there are for characters, there's only a few for both sexes.

Last edited by Pestilence; 04/07/14 04:27 AM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
So, following along with the above steps/previous posts, would it be at all possible to alter the affects of, say, the "Divine Light" skill to make it less useless? Like, maybe add something like a damage-undead-only attribute to it and nothing more? Would I need to use the 4-player-coop mod as a base or is this something that can be done by just creating a new mod?

Sorry if this has technically been answered already in this thread, but I've been knee deep in the editor for most of the day, trying to make sense of it all and my mind is a bit shattered.

N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by Squint Eastwood
So, following along with the above steps/previous posts, would it be at all possible to alter the affects of, say, the "Divine Light" skill to make it less useless? Like, maybe add something like a damage-undead-only attribute to it and nothing more? Would I need to use the 4-player-coop mod as a base or is this something that can be done by just creating a new mod?

Sorry if this has technically been answered already in this thread, but I've been knee deep in the editor for most of the day, trying to make sense of it all and my mind is a bit shattered.

You don't necessarily have to use anything as a base, just create your own mod in the editor, set the Main mod as a data & mod dependency (important!).

Stats are not editable directly in the editor, you have to create your own skill definition file (Data\Public\%yourMod%\Stats\Generated\Data\SkillData.txt) and fill it with the skill changes you want to make.
To change Divine Light, copy the 'new entry "Cone_DivineLight"' section from the Main mods SkillData.txt and customize it to your liking.

N
stranger
stranger
N
I tried to add 3 and only the 3rd one worked, and I got the bugged list JTE had mentioned.

The list was bugged when I got my two custom henchman to show up as well.

For reference, I edited KSHenchMan44 and KSHenchMan28. Maybe the lsx file edited makes a difference?

I'd guess that values are being loaded somewhere that predict what the henchman list is going to look like, and when the list is different things bug out.

And also just to confirm, you get the 'Main mod' error when loading the game? So you can't play online, which makes sense, but it works for me.

Yes. After you hire the custom henchmen you can remove the directory and edited files and this message goes away.

A
stranger
stranger
A
I have been reading through this topic and am understanding a bit here and there, but it seemed the most appropriate place for my question. I am looking for a way to edit the abilities/talents/attributes of my created main character. I have been searching around and found the henchman file and such but can't seem to find where to edit my main character. I would like to add and subtract some points here and there. Hopefully someone has an idea how to do this.

N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by Acention
I have been reading through this topic and am understanding a bit here and there, but it seemed the most appropriate place for my question. I am looking for a way to edit the abilities/talents/attributes of my created main character. I have been searching around and found the henchman file and such but can't seem to find where to edit my main character. I would like to add and subtract some points here and there. Hopefully someone has an idea how to do this.

Are you trying to modify an existing savegame?
If so, that isn't supported by the editor, but a tool that might help you is coming Soon (TM) ...

D
stranger
stranger
D
When I edit properties.lsx my characters in Character Creation are naked and I cant choose class (warrior, wizard...). And when I try to edit somthing from ClassPresets folder I have error. Any one can tell Me how to fix this?

N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by Diego
When I edit properties.lsx my characters in Character Creation are naked and I cant choose class (warrior, wizard...). And when I try to edit somthing from ClassPresets folder I have error. Any one can tell Me how to fix this?

What exactly did you change in properties.lsx?
If the game doesn't show any presets or visual choices at all then the file may be syntactically incorrect (you can check this with an XML validator such as http://www.xmlvalidation.com/ or http://validator.w3.org/).

S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Norbyte
You don't necessarily have to use anything as a base, just create your own mod in the editor, set the Main mod as a data & mod dependency (important!).

Stats are not editable directly in the editor, you have to create your own skill definition file (Data\Public\%yourMod%\Stats\Generated\Data\SkillData.txt) and fill it with the skill changes you want to make.
To change Divine Light, copy the 'new entry "Cone_DivineLight"' section from the Main mods SkillData.txt and customize it to your liking.

Awesome, thanks. Now I've only the somewhat daunting task of figuring out how to add additional damage modifiers but for skeletons and zombies only. think

Either way, thanks again!

journeyman
journeyman
Just wanted to let you guys know I've found all the engine names for all the abilities, talents, skills, and am making a complete video tutorial on creating custom henchmen, along with class presets, skin/hair/head previews. Should be posted sometime tonight, it's quite a slow process, but almost done.

You can add any skill, as far as I can tell, that's in the game files to your character so long as they meet any requirements. This includes consumables, so you can give a Ranger every arrow type (that is normally consumable), and it will be used as an unlimited skill. Rogues also have a Talent that must have been disabled or something, called Mark the Knife, that gives an AP bonus to daggers. You could also add Staff of Magus this way, but luckily they patched it so henchmen get it now. Oh and I think this also works for scrolls, because you can add Unlock Magic (lets you unlock magic locks) as a skill in your toolbar too.

Thanks to Norbyte and nates for helping guide me on all this, hopefully the guide will help a lot of people who just want custom dudes!

D
stranger
stranger
D
I change only Ability, Attribute and Talent in Character Creator Properites. And I see these changes but I dont se armor/weapon oly underwear.

Norbyte I checked properties.lsx after making chages on those site you show and there is no errors.

Last edited by Diego; 04/07/14 09:18 PM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
Yeah, I figured it would have to be a save game editor. I found a trainer but it doesn't give me the control I would like. Will be looking forward to a tool that can help me out. Thanks.

Last edited by Acention; 04/07/14 08:44 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Actually, is there yet a database of all the different commands used in these .txt files? I'm trying to figure out if I can use "Minor Heals" if-zombie-take-damage ability, or whatever it would be called, but I can't seem to find anything of that sort in that specific skills data string.

Any ideas?

R
apprentice
apprentice
R
Originally Posted by Squint Eastwood
Actually, is there yet a database of all the different commands used in these .txt files? I'm trying to figure out if I can use "Minor Heals" if-zombie-take-damage ability, or whatever it would be called, but I can't seem to find anything of that sort in that specific skills data string.

Any ideas?

I don't think heals damaging zombies is a property of the skills, I think it's a property of the zombie talent. That's going to be hard to duplicate since I don't think there's much talent data in /stats other than other than requirements.txt.

Still, it's theoretically possible. You might be able to fiddle around in ValueLists.txt and maybe add a new flag type to skilltargetcondition and then go and flag all the templates of every undead and then you could have divine light work sorta like poison arrow where you can target the ground for one effect and target an undead for another effect.

Alternately, you could add the zombie trait to every undead (this might break a ton stuff, for some reason a lot of undead are running around with healing skills) and then make it a heal that can only target enemies.

But that's all a ton of work, you'd probably be better off just adding like a blind effect or making it a weak aoe heal or something.

L
L
I've tried to edit Vampiric Touch and Death Punch to work at a 15 meter range and deal shadow damage, but upon loading my mod, both spells suddenly have no description and don't work anymore.

What could be causing it?

D
stranger
stranger
D
Any one know how to add more Talent, Ability and Attribute points at the beginning of the game?
Mabe any one know how edit talents (lone wolf ,Light Step)??

Last edited by Diego; 05/07/14 10:59 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
So, have anyone found out how to mod Talents (perks) and main Attributes (Strength, etc.).
Meaning not just to add but change their values.

Maybe a hint from developers? Is it possible at all?

Last edited by Samael187; 12/07/14 11:29 AM.
stranger
stranger
My suspicion is that Talents and Attributes likely have a lot of hardcoding in them, especially the base ones.

K
journeyman
journeyman
K
Originally Posted by Norbyte
[quote=JTE10]

I think that texts cannot be changed in SkillData.txt directly; you also have to change the relevant string entry in Localization\English\english.xml:
<content contentuid="hfd7a96cdgb2dcg43adgbe2bg3023fab2f2e9">Launch a magical missile from your staff that deals [1] damage.</content>

... or Public\Main\Localization\Stats.lsb, which contains the same text and content UID.

I'm wondering how it's possible to change these descriptions , if i go into the Localization\English\english.xml file and change things there i'm probably screwing up the main game right? Checking out Stats.lsb i can't seem to find a way to completely change all the descriptions for a certain skill.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard