Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
A
addict
addict
A
Well, I've finished the game and there is a romance in the game...confined in a few dialogue lines at the end of the game. Lol, indeed, Bioware game this is not!

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Originally Posted by rhymesmatter
Songbird...If you find weird that people expect deep character development in any kind of form (including romance) then maybe you don't even grasp the meaning of RP...A few lines??? mate you might as well be one of those morons that play WoW and don't even bother to read a quest but rather see the reward and press accept. Scroll down to the choice and be done with it..People that love to invest into their games and characters find those few lines as you call them as meaningful as killing a horde of mobs and reaching a boss fight. And the fact that you expect from a romance subplot to be interconnected with gameplay for it to be meaningful is so sad that i want to reach out to my lcd screen touch your username and say there there...

Most games that include romances give you consequences for your romantic decisions. I am a fan of romance in those kind of games. Like I said, in this game, romance doesn't change your party composition or affect your game ending. If you are not looking for some "romantic" cut scenes and just want some dialogue, then the game already delivers since there is dialogue of a loving sort in the game.

Since you seem to be a champion of RP, why not RP. Make up your own dialogue while playing and play your roles. Even 3 year olds know how to play make believe. And on the subject of RP, I think your two protagonists being too busy writing love poetry to each other than stopping the cultists trivializes the gravity of the world saving quest that you are on.

But, hey, romance is the epitome of game depth, right? Lets start a petition to turn D:OS into a dating SIM because I can't wait to get to setup Madora with Captain Aureus.

R
apprentice
apprentice
R
Originally Posted by LockeMurdock
I just beat the game today, and I'm... unsure exactly how to answer this. Yes, there's actually a romance between your two characters, but it kind of just gets stated at the very end. Like, "Good job beating the game. BTW, you two love each other!"

I was a little confused, because despite being able to compliment one another in an extremely loving, devoted way, the characters don't talk to one another or acknowledge a romance. It feels a little disjointed.

I'm also unsure about any sort of romance depending on gender, but the way the game says you love each other could kind of be more like family or friends. Like absolute best friends who would be happy fusing their very being to one another for all time.

So... yep. If you're after interactive romance where you win someone over in the style of Mass Effect, it's not here. If you're hoping for the word LOVE to be used, however, you win! laugh

I beat the game as well today, but the only mention of romance was ZixZax talking about my characters becoming politicians and that one of them tried unsuccessfully getting the other to return their affection, but that it was "like trying to romance a brick wall". I wonder if the ending slightly changes based on your dialogue choices.

Last edited by randir14; 07/07/14 09:17 AM.
A
addict
addict
A
Originally Posted by randir14

I beat the game as well today, but the only mention of romance was ZixZax talking about my characters becoming politicians and that one of them tried unsuccessfully getting the other to return their affection, but that it was "like trying to romance a brick wall". I wonder if the ending slightly changes based on your dialogue choices.

Really? I got a totally different one. Mine was that
even though they've had disagreeing opinions about things their affection and passion was strong and that they went on adventuring and that their house was equally full of steamy passion noises and sounds of broken glass. So it was like "opposites attract" kind of romance ending.

Last edited by Aramintai; 07/07/14 09:31 AM.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
My outcome was something along the lines of my characters gazing into each other's eyes, falling in love, settling down and recklessly (in Zixzax's opinion) going through a soul-forge. Though I wasn't entirely paying attention, as I don't, so I don't recall the exact dialogue.

J'aime le fromage.
addict
addict
Well at least there is some mention of a romance at the end of this game. In Dragon Commander there is no mention of your wife at all in the ending, which was the only person I really cared about.

Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard