Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D

So Divinity Original Sin was the great new hope in RPG's. It's beautiful to look at and the first area of the game is challenging but possible and has a lot to offer, and then you move on to the second area and it goes downhill faster than a rollerskating Jew on Coupon Day. They really should have let the Beta and early release crowd into this zone because it's 100% utterly fucked. How fucked you say? Well if this game stood next to Traci Lords the universe would regrow her hymen to attempt some kind of balance. This game is fucked more than a single parent teenage girl with daddy issues and a zero tolerance to alcohol. It goes from best game ever to worst pile of steaming bullshit with a speed so fast your monitor will shatter from the sonic boom. I've just made the 22nd attempt at one combat, the last 7 of those on easy difficulty level but no matter what you do the mobs just pull out non stop utter fucking bullshit like stun, freeze, knockdown, cripple and slow (yes all possible in one fight) and your saves vs all this are fucking useless. And without a pause option it's utterly impossible to get buffs on all 4 of your toons because the inventory system is useless and the quickslots are too limited and fiddly to scroll through in a hurry so by the time you've buffed your last toon the buffs on the first one are expired. Oh and in case you're wondering this IS the easy fight option. I'm level 10 trying to take out level 12's not a big difference you'd think for supposedly epic heroes but oh no those motherfuckers cannot possibly be beaten not with a constant barrage of bullshit debuffs. The only way I can think to destroy them is to drag every single goddam exploding barrel on the level to one point and fireball it when they're all close enough but that would still involve sacrificing 2 party members to get them all in position. The ONLY other advancement path available is to take on level 14 mobs and that's not even remotely possible. And NOPE you cannot just say "fuck this shit" and go grind because mobs do NOT respawn and I have killed every goddam thing that can be killed and done every possible quest so I'm at maximum possible level, so until they introduce a patch where swearing at your monitor gets you a fuckton of XP then I'm stuck at this level until I bypass the impossible combat and get to another impossible combat. And levelling speed is PAINFULLY slow from 10 onwards so even if I could manage to get through this stupid fucking level I'll still be woefully underpowered to take on those level 14's.

Consider me officially ragequitted this motherfucking game until later patches balance it out and make it work.

J
stranger
stranger
J
1.) How about you actually describe where you are in instead of the incredibly vague description of 'level 12 motherfuckers.'

2.) You probably went the wrong way. The first steps in chapter 2 aren't exactly obvious, but there is a definite right path that you need to take to power up enough to do the rest of it.

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Visited the village, got orders to do the quest for the cult guys, can't do that as it involves the desert full of level 14 types. Only other route was to go south along the ravine past the trolls and into a group of seven level 12 orcs. (5 of which are hidden) A boss 2 shamans an asshole archers and 3 goons. I have a party of 3 toons but I just get constantly disabled. There are NO other ways to go in the game. It's either the desert or these orcs and onto the Goblin Mines.

E
stranger
stranger
E
It sounds like you just really needed to get that colorfully-worded rant out of your system, but I just have to ask:

Originally Posted by Doctorchaos
And without a pause option it's utterly impossible to get buffs on all 4 of your toons because the inventory system is useless and the quickslots are too limited and fiddly to scroll through in a hurry so by the time you've buffed your last toon the buffs on the first one are expired.

What would be the benefit/use of a "pause" option in a TURN-based combat game? I just don't get it; it already pauses indefinitely every turn for every character to act. O.o

Also, if you've hit a combat that is way too hard, you're probably not doing the right thing or in the right place, or there are other things (quests?) you could do first to gain more XP/levels and then go back. Just a guess since you're past where I am.

L
L
Remove the barrier around the White Witch's house.

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
I have removed the barrier found nothing really useful, can't get through the stupid secret door and can't find a way to open it.

A PAUSE button would allow you to give toons resistance spells or scrolls. At the moment you cast a spell and it starts ticking down and the retarded friggin spell system has an annoying delay between casts anyway as your stupid wand icon stays there long after casting. SO by the time you open up the shitty inventory or scroll the tiny insufficient action bars and cast 2-4 buffs on your toons they've already run out. Baldurs Gate had something like this and it rocked.

A Pause button would let you apply buffs then initiate combat and be ready to rumble. Also if you position someone in your party too far from the origin of combat then they don't actually count as being in combat and their buffs tick down way before they actually join the fight. It should include ALL party members in combat mode from the start.

Fucking GROUP buffs would be the logical way to do it, and why the hell can't you teleport YOURSELF to safety with the spell.

Last edited by Doctorchaos; 10/07/14 02:50 PM.
J
stranger
stranger
J
Probably because group buffs and pre-combat buffing would completely wreck the balance of the game. But that's beside the point, you need to find a way to open that door. That's your path.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Rage quitting is the appropriate action for the worst game, like, ever. If you are serious about rage quitting, please do so.

However, since you are posting in this forum and responding to others suggestions, it sounds more like you are just asking for help?

If you are stuck on a particular area, please describe your issue and people on this forum will help you without you resorting to drama queen tactics

veteran
veteran
The small button for the door in the cellar of the White Witch's cabin is right left to the door itself. Proceed there, that's the right way.

Have fun playing.

You also might have a look at my travel guide. It explaines the "best" path for the game if you want to meet balanced enemies:

--> http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=513032#Post512459

Last edited by LordCrash; 10/07/14 03:05 PM.

WOOS
journeyman
journeyman
I don't think zone 2 is in any way faulty. It's pretty comparable to zone 1 actually in that you need to go in certain directions to level up properly to hit other areas.

I'd keep the white witch as your focus and proceed to visit her home and do those quests. The game doesn't tell you to do this but like everything else in this game it assumes you'll figure it out. Some people hate that and others love it. Count me in the latter camp.

OP if you only have 3 party members you're already at a disadvantage. I'd get that 4th before trying to go further and buff your weapons and skills out as much as you can. It's hard but it's doable. I am in Hiberheim now but I've managed to forge ahead through trial and error and looking towards this very helpful community for tips and advice.

*Also have used summons more in this section than the previous as mobs seem more numerous.

Last edited by Tombeatster; 10/07/14 03:02 PM.
S
S

So Divinity Original Sin was the great new hope in RPG's. It's beautiful to look at and the first area of the game is challenging but possible and has a lot to offer, and then you move on to the second area and it goes downhill faster than a rollerskating Jew on Coupon Day. They really should have let the Beta and early release crowd into this zone because it's 100% utterly fucked. How fucked you say? Well if this game stood next to Traci Lords the universe would regrow her hymen to attempt some kind of balance. This game is fucked more than a single parent teenage girl with daddy issues and a zero tolerance to alcohol. It goes from best game ever to worst pile of steaming bullshit with a speed so fast your monitor will shatter from the sonic boom. I've just made the 22nd attempt at one combat, the last 7 of those on easy difficulty level but no matter what you do the mobs just pull out non stop utter fucking bullshit like stun, freeze, knockdown, cripple and slow (yes all possible in one fight) and your saves vs all this are fucking useless. And without a pause option it's utterly impossible to get buffs on all 4 of your toons because the inventory system is useless and the quickslots are too limited and fiddly to scroll through in a hurry so by the time you've buffed your last toon the buffs on the first one are expired. Oh and in case you're wondering this IS the easy fight option. I'm level 10 trying to take out level 12's not a big difference you'd think for supposedly epic heroes but oh no those motherfuckers cannot possibly be beaten not with a constant barrage of bullshit debuffs. The only way I can think to destroy them is to drag every single goddam exploding barrel on the level to one point and fireball it when they're all close enough but that would still involve sacrificing 2 party members to get them all in position. The ONLY other advancement path available is to take on level 14 mobs and that's not even remotely possible. And NOPE you cannot just say "fuck this shit" and go grind because mobs do NOT respawn and I have killed every goddam thing that can be killed and done every possible quest so I'm at maximum possible level, so until they introduce a patch where swearing at your monitor gets you a fuckton of XP then I'm stuck at this level until I bypass the impossible combat and get to another impossible combat. And levelling speed is PAINFULLY slow from 10 onwards so even if I could manage to get through this stupid fucking level I'll still be woefully underpowered to take on those level 14's.

Consider me officially ragequitted this motherfucking game until later patches balance it out and make it work.

Lol, dude. You're supposed to go through the Witch Cabin, to the real second area. Luculla forst is really the 3rd. Under the Witch cabin, you can found a portal to the big map filled with ~10 lvl enemies.

In the cyseal map you also could go to black Cove on level 1, and got annihilated. And cry that it is devs fault, not balanced bullshit, etc. This is obiovus case of PEBCAK - Problem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard.

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
OK No! I've just found a video showing where the button is but it is absolutely NOT on my screen. The doorframe is completely blank, nothing at all to be seen so what the fuck do you have to do make the stupid button appear. If the entire plot direction is intended to go along this secret path why make it so fucking hard to open and why doesn't mine even have an opening mechanism. Everyone keeps talking about this Hiberheim place but I figured that was after the forest (zone 2) where the fuck is it otherwise?

Seriously there is no goddam switch in the game I'm looking at.

veteran
veteran
OK No! I've just found a video showing where the button is but it is absolutely NOT on my screen. The doorframe is completely blank, nothing at all to be seen so what the fuck do you have to do make the stupid button appear. If the entire plot direction is intended to go along this secret path why make it so fucking hard to open and why doesn't mine even have an opening mechanism. Everyone keeps talking about this Hiberheim place but I figured that was after the forest (zone 2) where the fuck is it otherwise?

Seriously there is no goddam switch in the game I'm looking at.

I guess your perception is too low. Try to drink a perception potion before the door in the White Witch's cabin (the one character with the highest perception).

Last edited by LordCrash; 10/07/14 03:06 PM.

WOOS
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
You gotta be fucking kidding me, are you saying the ENTIRE path of the game has come to a screaming (and fucking infuriating) halt because I don't have enough perception. If this is the case then that's one of the stupidest goddam decisions of all time. All 3 of my toons have Perception 5, it's a dump stat I have WAY more important stats to buy and have only seen 2 or 3 Perception Stat items, all of which were outclassed by important things like STR Speed or Int.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Originally Posted by LordCrash

I guess your perception is too low. Try to drink a perception potion before the door in the White Witch's cabin (the one character with the highest perception).

And this i think one of the little problems in this game, you have to level rather useless stat in order to progress. Hate it.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Yeah I don't like that much myself, and I didn't have a problem finding it. If it's a button for a main quest path it should either require really low perception -- 6 or 7 at most -- or be visible regardless of perception.

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
And all that is fair if you want to see every trap or secret doors that DON'T connect to a plot or a quest but to have a secret door that's 100% quest related is bullshit. And apparently I'm not the only one either I've been scanning other forums and a LOT of people have had this same issue and just wandered off looking for other plausible options. Jesus this is retarded.

And now I can't find any Perception potions or a recipe to make them because crafting is bullshit too and it's all hit and miss. Why can't you just buy recipies and plans and one click craft them if you have the goddam materials. All those crafting books do is give vague hints.

journeyman
journeyman
It might be a bug then because my party's perception was around 5 and it was spotted right away!

veteran
veteran
I don't think any stat is meant to be a "dump stat". All of them, even Charisma, were intended to have a purpose. You've missed quite a few things in the first area by not having points in Perception.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by Shaki

Lol, dude. You're supposed to go through the Witch Cabin, to the real second area. Luculla forst is really the 3rd. Under the Witch cabin, you can found a portal to the big map filled with ~10 lvl enemies.

Oh lol. Me and my friend are up for some easy times then.

We've almost cleared the Luculla forest map and didn't even think we've missed a zone =D
We... kinda neglected the whole witches cabin in favor of killing more orcs and gobs.

Last edited by Dicktator; 10/07/14 03:32 PM.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard