Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Verzwei
-The seller of secrets now only has 1 ability book and 1 stat book instead of regenerating those

Played for a few hours last night with my buddy in our coop game. The teller was absolutely regenerating the books every time we leveled, just like she was pre-patch.

Most of the other changes (that we could actually test) did appear to 'apply' to our game, the teller was the one outlier.

Same for me and my buddy in our co-op game. My assumption is that the change takes place on her initial spawn when the portal is opened. She will likely not regen them on new games. That is only speculation though smile (I'm not complaining, I'm stoked I get to take advantage of it for that last few levels in this playthrough hahaha)

Originally Posted by Arii
Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter
@ Arii; Looks fine to me? Not sure what the issue is.
As soon as you hover over the talk log it should give you the greyed out surrounding and buttons to change it to whatever you desire.

See, that's the thing - it looks fine to /you/.
I never thought to screenshot when I first started playing, otherwise I would be able to do a comparision.

As it is, to /me/ something has changed and on a level I don't like.

Like I tried to say, everything seemed far more compact for the resolution I had it on. The chat log was smaller, the combat log was smaller... both had buttons on the bottom left/right hand of the screen to trigger them on/off; both of which are now gone.

I can't even adjust the combat log in an attempt to make it smaller anymore, something I was able to do before - and, yes, I tried to do that as I was aware of how to do it.

It's hard to explain exactly what seems different, but to me it feels everything is and just not properly adjusting to the resolution I have it at. Maybe it's just me, maybe not... but this is something I noticed happening only after playing the game after the last update.

Might be silly, but it may be you just going crazy :P
Try changing the resolution and then changing back to your preferred.

Last edited by Sealiah; 17/07/14 04:11 AM.
P
stranger
stranger
P
Inventory-Backpack needs a store all button. You can do it FROM the bp but not to it.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Arii

And the combat log is most noticeably.. off.

When you say "off" do you mean that it does not show the latest relevant data. I have an issue regularly were the combat log does not show the latest data although the scroll bar is at the bottom. But if I manually grab the scroll bar it seems to correct itself.

This confused me for a while since I could not see a clear correlation between the combat log and what happened in the game.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Urzas
I have 32bit 4GB ram system, but I don't have those issues.
My guess as of why is because I had tweaked my system long time ago to use 3 gb of ram for userspace(programs). Link to the how-to: How to enable a 3GB switch on Windows Vista Windows 7 or Windows XP

Cool post man, I didn't have any issues myself but it seems to help out most of the people with stability issues. Way to go!

R
stranger
stranger
R
When i load my savegame i have this message "Warning! The savegame has detected tampering or corruption. It is strongly advised that you do not continue on this savegame."
My problem started after latest big patch and i can t load cyseal areas and some others cause i ll crash.
If i make new savegames nothing changes and i always have this massage.
Let me know what i could do, i am playing by steam.
I tried the larian tool and i passed all testing config.
I had no issues before this patch i played good for about 25 hours.

addict
addict
Have you tried loading an earlier save?

V
stranger
stranger
V
Originally Posted by Sealiah
Played for a few hours last night with my buddy in our coop game. The teller was absolutely regenerating the books every time we leveled, just like she was pre-patch.

Most of the other changes (that we could actually test) did appear to 'apply' to our game, the teller was the one outlier.

Same for me and my buddy in our co-op game. My assumption is that the change takes place on her initial spawn when the portal is opened. She will likely not regen them on new games. That is only speculation though smile (I'm not complaining, I'm stoked I get to take advantage of it for that last few levels in this playthrough hahaha)

Well, I got to the point where I could test this on my single player game (was waiting for the AI personalities before restarting it) and... The teller still regenerates her books every level. I got her unlocked at 5, bought books, leveled to 6 and she had a new set to sell.

It appears this bug/"exploit" was not fixed at all.

Last edited by Verzwei; 17/07/14 05:22 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
I quick saved on the beach after finding the corpse with the book about flying. I did this after reading the book, but before having the conversation between the two characters. After saving I can't talk about the corpse, now exclamation mark over the characters.

addict
addict
Well, I got to the point where I could test this on my single player game (was waiting for the AI personalities before restarting it) and... The teller still regenerates her books every level. I got her unlocked at 5, bought books, leveled to 6 and she had a new set to sell.

Maybe it only works on game where you haven't unlocked her, yet? Or, perhaps it only applies to new games, not to existing saves.

veteran
veteran

Maybe it just works with a new game...

It's quite funny that I didn't unlock this room in the homestead before level 17... hahaha

Last edited by LordCrash; 17/07/14 09:52 PM.

WOOS
addict
addict
Anybody else just get another DOS patch? Just over 8 MB just loaded up. No notes though.

V
stranger
stranger
V
Originally Posted by Jito463
Maybe it only works on game where you haven't unlocked her, yet? Or, perhaps it only applies to new games, not to existing saves.

Originally Posted by LordCrash
Maybe it just works with a new game...

It's quite funny that I didn't unlock this room in the homestead before level 17... hahaha

It is a new game. I was waiting for the AI personalities to come out and started a new single player game. I started the game with one of the companions set to "Rascal" which is the same patch these notes are for. I metagamed my way to unlocking the Teller of Secrets as fast as I could (got my 5th stone just as I hit level 5) and bought the books. I played until level 6 and went back and she has the books again.

The very first time I reported this, I was playing off of a preexisting co-op game with my buddy. Since then I'd started an entirely new single-player game, unlocked the vendor, and confirmed that the bug/exploit is in absolutely no way fixed.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by LeBurns
Anybody else just get another DOS patch? Just over 8 MB just loaded up. No notes though.

.81 yeah... I saw the notes on Steam now (but since I just closed Steam can't share them at the moment).
Was super-tiny, think it said just something about the editor?

stranger
stranger
This is the changelist from Rpgwatch for the 1.0.81 patch.

A mini-fix today with a very small change list, and at the same time a big update for those who are busy with the Divinity engine toolkit as we added the source files for the main campaign.

We also added a truckload of new tutorial movies which will teach you how to script.

Game fixes

-Fix for error 117 (during saving with unicode profile/user names)
-Fix for floating camera

Divinity Engine Toolkit changes

-Added "templates folder" with source data for main campaign (Divinity engine toolkit)
-Stability fix in resource manager

Have fun!

Grey

L
stranger
stranger
L
Greetings to all
I say in advance that this is a Google translator

to my query
I have GOG version. How do I apply the patch? I'm not very proficient in IT.
And I do not see "Check for updates"

dal Offline
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Lamalemon
Greetings to all
I say in advance that this is a Google translator

to my query
I have GOG version. How do I apply the patch? I'm not very proficient in IT.
And I do not see "Check for updates"

Do you download the game from GOG? Same for patches.

Go to http://www.gog.com
go to My Account
You will see "My games"
find Divinity Original Sin icon and press it
You need patches links here

F
stranger
stranger
F
Where can I download the patch.

Originally Posted by Flander70
Where can I download the patch.

GOG or Steam?

Steam is automatically patched unless you turn it off. If GOG then do as Dal mentions in the post above yours.

enthusiast
enthusiast
[quote=Verzwei]
-The seller of secrets now only has 1 ability book and 1 stat book instead of regenerating those

I might test this out. I just arrived on the teller of secrets right after the patch upgrade.

"There is no such thing as absolute freedom because we are still prisoners of society"
I can't upgrade my game because it is version 1.0.51 and the patch to get to 1.0.57 is gone from GOG.

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard