Next Thread
Print Thread
R
rayDawg Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
As the title asks, I was wondering if it were possible to create custom items at the moment? I'm trying to create some custom items and I'm running into some issues. Are there any links or tutorials that explain how to do so?

P
stranger
stranger
P
You can always duplicate an item and assign custom stats to it, like a sword or a helmet.

If you mean modeling and importing etc, I can't help you.

R
rayDawg Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Originally Posted by Platuni
You can always duplicate an item and assign custom stats to it, like a sword or a helmet.

If you mean modeling and importing etc, I can't help you.

Do you do so through the editor or can you do so through excel and generating a new txt file?

P
stranger
stranger
P
Assuming you have unpacked the main.pak

The procedure of creating a simple sword with unreal damage:
Copy
Divinity Original Sin\Data\Public\Main\Stats\Generated\Data\Weapons.txt
and
Divinity Original Sin\Data\Public\Main\Stats\Generated\Links\Weapons.txt

Then place them in the same folders in your mod. (Create the folders)

open the .txt you placed in the Data folder in SCite or whatever program you use for this kind of work, then let's copy this template

new entry "STAT_Quest_Knights_WPN_Sword_A"
type "Weapon"
using "_Swords"
data "Act part" "13"
data "Requirements" "Strength 10"
data "Damage" "4"
data "Damage Range" "1"
data "DamageBoost" "-35"
data "Durability" "6"
data "ComboCategory" "Sword"

Paste it at the bottom, and give it a unique name. You can also assign stats to it.
I removed the strength requirement and added the flag unbreakable, I also boosted the damage
quite a lot.

new entry "WPN_Sword_OverPowered"
type "Weapon"
using "_Swords"
data "Act part" "13"
data "Damage" "4"
data "Damage Range" "1"
data "DamageBoost" "999"
data "ComboCategory" "Sword"
data "Flags" "Unbreakable"

Now you have to link it, so that it doesn't turn invisible/crash.
Open the .txt you placed in the Link folder and search for the
name of the template you recently used.
This is the link for the weapon.

object itemstat "STAT_Quest_Knights_WPN_Sword_A","411545bf-9141-4ff9-bc6f-e0e36257f7cf","",0,0,"",-1,-1,-1,0,-1,-1

Now we copy that and paste it at the bottom of the .txt
Change the name to the same as in the other file.

object itemstat "WPN_Sword_OverPowered","411545bf-9141-4ff9-bc6f-e0e36257f7cf","",0,0,"",-1,-1,-1,0,-1,-1

Now you're done with the work needed outside the editor!
Open the editor then search for WPN_Sword_A
Right click it then click "Create new from selected".

In the window that opened you first need to change the Filename path.
Change the part where it says \Public\Main\ to \Public\YourModname\

Scroll down to where it says "Stats" type in the name of the stat we created a moment ago.

Now just give the template a name, then click Create and you'll have a Over Powered sword!

R
rayDawg Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
I tried creating a unique item modeled after the teleporter pyramids but it doesn't show up in the resource browser. Are the steps you listed purely for equipment found in the weapons and armor txt files or do they also apply to the objects txt file?

P
stranger
stranger
P
The steps I provided was for creating a weapon, you did not state what kind of item you wanted, so i assumed it was a weapon smile

For an object, it's pretty much the same just different paths. (Object.txt instead of weapon.txt)

By the way, if what you are trying to do is simply change the visual you can do that by clicking the "Visual ID" at the top of the sidebar then choose among any visual in the game.

R
rayDawg Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
The steps I provided was for creating a weapon, you did not state what kind of item you wanted, so i assumed it was a weapon smile

For an object, it's pretty much the same just different paths. (Object.txt instead of weapon.txt)

By the way, if what you are trying to do is simply change the visual you can do that by clicking the "Visual ID" at the top of the sidebar then choose among any visual in the game.

Actually I'm just trying to create a whole new item altogether, but the editor keeps throwing some many error messages it's sickening.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Try this, (Thanks to Rhidian):

There are a few steps involved with creating a custom item ingame.

1) First you need a RootTemplate for your item. You can right click a Ring item in the "View Templates" window of the Editor and "Create new from selected". For the filepath, change it from Public/Main/RootTemplates/ to Public/(Your mod name)/RootTemplates/ (creating the folder if necessary in your game's install directory.

2) A Stats entry for your object. This needs to be in the Public/(your mod name)/Stats/Generated/Data/ for your mod (creating the folders if necessary). You can really name the txt file anything you want. Note that this folder is not the one within the Editor filepaths. You can model your item stats after other objects of the same type.

3) A links entry in the Public/(your mod name)/Stats/Generated/Links/ folder. Within a single line you need to combine the name from your Stats entry with the GUID of your RootTemplate (right click your template in the editor and copy GUID to clipboard).

4) In your RootTemplate file in the Editor, change the "Stats" entry to the name you created in the Stats/Generated/Data/ folder. You may need to reload the Editor to see it as a valid option.

5) Actually getting your item into the game. There are several ways to do this, depending on your needs.

R
rayDawg Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Try this, (Thanks to Rhidian):

There are a few steps involved with creating a custom item ingame.

1) First you need a RootTemplate for your item. You can right click a Ring item in the "View Templates" window of the Editor and "Create new from selected". For the filepath, change it from Public/Main/RootTemplates/ to Public/(Your mod name)/RootTemplates/ (creating the folder if necessary in your game's install directory.

2) A Stats entry for your object. This needs to be in the Public/(your mod name)/Stats/Generated/Data/ for your mod (creating the folders if necessary). You can really name the txt file anything you want. Note that this folder is not the one within the Editor filepaths. You can model your item stats after other objects of the same type.

3) A links entry in the Public/(your mod name)/Stats/Generated/Links/ folder. Within a single line you need to combine the name from your Stats entry with the GUID of your RootTemplate (right click your template in the editor and copy GUID to clipboard).

4) In your RootTemplate file in the Editor, change the "Stats" entry to the name you created in the Stats/Generated/Data/ folder. You may need to reload the Editor to see it as a valid option.

5) Actually getting your item into the game. There are several ways to do this, depending on your needs.

I intend to have this in the inventory by default. Another issue I'm running into is that I can't create a copy of the object. The editor keeps throwing an "Invalid Filename" message at me.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Change the \Main\ Part of this line to your mod name.
Just copy the name of your mod in \Data\Mods
[Linked Image]

R
rayDawg Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
That's what I did but I still get the error. The path name right now:

C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Divinity - Original Sin/Data/Public/Test14_567b12ce-1389-4bf0-bbec-748c7a86d3e5/Root Templates/Unique.lsb

Last edited by rayDawg; 28/08/14 10:33 PM.
R
rayDawg Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Nevermind, I figured out the problem.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Have you created the folders?

edit - Great!

Last edited by Platuni; 28/08/14 11:43 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard