Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#548621 28/08/14 12:26 PM
Rafoca Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Hi, Larian!

I read you guys were considering a consoles version of this game, which would be awesome cause there is nothing like this game so far on consoles. So, are you still considering? I am not a PC player myself,but I would gladly pick this game for some fun coop.

Please, tell me you are bringing it to other platforms laugh

Thanks!

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
There will be prsumably no consoles version of this game - at least not in the near future. Right now, Larian are still working on the Linux version. AFAIK, there has been no official statement that they are planning to do a consoles version.

Support
Support

Larian has said a console version was possible, though. I don't know if this is the most recent interview where that was asked, but from redbull.com in March:

Originally Posted by Lar_q
"Hopefully the game [will be] successful enough for us to continue working on it and bring it to other platforms," he says. "We'd have to redo the entire UI but I think the game systems could easily be ported. Personally, I'd love to play it on one screen with two players and a controller."

Rafoca Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by Raze

Larian has said a console version was possible, though. I don't know if this is the most recent interview where that was asked, but from redbull.com in March:

Originally Posted by Lar_q
"Hopefully the game [will be] successful enough for us to continue working on it and bring it to other platforms," he says. "We'd have to redo the entire UI but I think the game systems could easily be ported. Personally, I'd love to play it on one screen with two players and a controller."

Yeah smile

Divinity FAQ also mentions it,but I just want to know if they didint abandon this project. I really want to play it on Xbox

A
addict
addict
A
I seriously urge Larian do not release this game on consoles. So i can buy a consoles to play their exclusives so they cannot buy a PC?

Can i tell Sony please release The Last of Us for us PC gamers because i want to enjoy the game in 1440p 60fps.. do you think they give an f?

I usually don't mind if Larian made more money but i seriously pissed off these console fanboys calling PC gamers "beggars". Now who are the beggars?

Plus not only that. A game released on consoles will be consolized on the next Divinity sequel. It happens exactly same like the Witcher 3 now. Look at Sacred 3 what the game has turned onto.

I certainly hope Larian can make more money but i honestly hope they don't dumb down the next Divinity sequels.

Last edited by Archaven; 28/08/14 04:43 PM.
Rafoca Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by Archaven
I seriously urge Larian do not release this game on consoles. So i can buy a consoles to play their exclusives so they cannot buy a PC?

Can i tell Sony please release The Last of Us for us PC gamers because i want to enjoy the game in 1440p 60fps.. do you think they give an f?

I usually don't mind if Larian made more money but i seriously pissed off these console fanboys calling PC gamers "beggars". Now who are the beggars?

Plus not only that. A game released on consoles will be consolized on the next Divinity sequel. It happens exactly same like the Witcher 3 now. Look at Sacred 3 what the game has turned onto.

I certainly hope Larian can make more money but i honestly hope they don't dumb down the next Divinity sequels.

Man, that was so immature. I wouldnt even dream I would get this kind of answer just because I asked if the game was coming to consoles.

Console/PC wars... oh my

pts Offline
journeyman
journeyman
Being a PC Gamer myself, i'd love to see D:OS and this type of game in general succeed on consoles! If enough people on consoles are interested in a game with complex game mechanics, maybe the tripleA-Studios will also consider stopping gameplay oversimplification on their multiplatform titles.

Rafoca Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by pts
Being a PC Gamer myself, i'd love to see D:OS and this type of game in general succeed on consoles! If enough people on consoles are interested in a game with complex game mechanics, maybe the tripleA-Studios will also consider stopping gameplay oversimplification on their multiplatform titles.

Exactly, mate.The more money they make, the more awesome games they will create in the feature. Now, I really dont want them to oversimplificate any game.

I know a lot of companies think that when you bring something to consoles, you have to make things simpler, but they were proved wrong several times. Most recent case was Sacred 3. Sacred 2 was awesome on PC and consoles, but look what they have done to Sacred 3. Same with Dungeon Siege 3 =/

I want D:OS so badly on Xbox, man. I love RPG's since Baldurs Gate era.

Support
Support

FWIW, Larian did have to make design concessions for Divinity 2 to accommodate the Xbox version (that being a requirement to get a publisher), and were not entirely happy with the restrictions. If any future games are developed simultaneously for PC and consoles, I wouldn't assume console limits would affect the PC version.

T
T
Originally Posted by Rafoca

...then why don't you just get D:OS on PC?

the upcoming kickstarter Torment, wasteland, and pillar of eternity are all PC games.

all these dev., including Larian, went for crowdfunding to make old-school CRPG, which has been thought as unwelcome in multiplatform market.

Rafoca Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by teardropmina

the upcoming kickstarter Torment, wasteland, and pillar of eternity are all PC games.

all these dev., including Larian, went for crowdfunding to make old-school CRPG, which has been thought as unwelcome in multiplatform market.

Not much of a PC player despite having a almost high end one :P

Also, I want to play with my wife and I have only 1 pc. However, we got 2 xbox one :P

T
T

so you were talking about Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance then?

Rafoca Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman

so you were talking about Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance then?

No. The old baldurs gate, made by bioware. I played back then in coop. I played a lot of PC in the 90s and 80s, but not much in 2000 and forth smile

A
addict
addict
A

Man, that was so immature. I wouldnt even dream I would get this kind of answer just because I asked if the game was coming to consoles.

Console/PC wars... oh my

Immature? You tell that to the console fanboys. Mate i played on console as well. You know how much hate console gamers towards PC gamers? If i can buy a console to play their exclusives why can't you buy a PC to play a PC exclusive game? If anything it is the fanboys that are immatured.

Alot of fanboys just come to PC exclusive games then beg for a console version. Not that they are really interested or gonna buy the game. Simply because they want to taunt PC gamers.

Also the reason i want this game to stay PC exclusives has it's reasons. Many PC games became pouplar then became "consolized". It was gimped both visually and on gameplay mechanics. 100 skill/spells game became 8. So when this game is popular it will be multi-platform. When you release these games on consoles, you will need to gimp the PC version simply because of equality across all platforms. These happened to games like The Witcher 3 and Dragon Age which was initially a PC game. Then it has became consolized. Look at the menus. Look at the limited 8 skills that PC gamers has to suffer because of consoles.

I'm not fanboy. As i've mentioned i would hope Larian would make more money. But i hope they wont dumb down the next Divinity Original Sins 2 because of consoles. Not only that.. are you eagerly getting the news announcement "Divinity Original Sins 2 will be EXCLUSIVELY on XB1/PS4 the next holiday season". Are you efking happy with that?

Most console fanboys won't like to play this game. I would on the other hand suggest Larian to do release this on mobile/tablet. They will make more money than consoles. Consoles are all about AAA games.

If Larian decide to release on consoles i respect their decision and i wished they will make lots of monies. I also wished they don't gimp and dumb down on the next Divinity game.

Cheers.

Last edited by Archaven; 30/08/14 10:09 AM.
A
addict
addict
A

Also, I want to play with my wife and I have only 1 pc. However, we got 2 xbox one :P

This already proven that you are a fanboy. You mentioned you are not a PC player yourself then you have a high end PC? I'm just going to stop here.

Last edited by Archaven; 30/08/14 11:12 AM.
pts Offline
journeyman
journeyman
[quote=teardropmina]

This already proven that you are a fanboy. You mentioned you are not a PC player yourself then you have a high end PC? I'm just going to stop here.

Don't see how this makes him a fanboy. Many people have a decent to good PC on their desk but exclusively use it for work (and the web), and a console in the living room which they exclusively use for play.

Also, he said he'd love to play with his wife, so a single PC (no matter how good) wonldn't help, anyway.

Regarding complexity reduction, i don't think this HAS to happen just because a game is on consoles. I remember playing Final Fantasy 7 on the Playstation when i was at high school, and it had a pretty involved crafting and character building system iirc. Dark Souls 2 also wasn't simplified on/for consoles i think.

Also, i think "exclusives" are a bad idea, no matter on which system. Especially now, since both Xbox one and PS4 use PC-Hardware.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Both Dark Souls and Final Fantasy 7 were especially made FOR consoles... which is why they are a mess when played with KB/Mouse on pc.

In the end I don't care either way. Larian can make a KS for Xbox One and PS4 versions and if there is enough interest.. then why not. Us PC players already got the game we funded, after all. So whatever wink Exclusives suck. But when it comes down to it, I'd rather have PC exclusives than console ports... ^^

Rafoca Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by pts
[quote=teardropmina]

Don't see how this makes him a fanboy. Many people have a decent to good PC on their desk but exclusively use it for work (and the web), and a console in the living room which they exclusively use for play.

Also, he said he'd love to play with his wife, so a single PC (no matter how good) wonldn't help, anyway.

Regarding complexity reduction, i don't think this HAS to happen just because a game is on consoles. I remember playing Final Fantasy 7 on the Playstation when i was at high school, and it had a pretty involved crafting and character building system iirc. Dark Souls 2 also wasn't simplified on/for consoles i think.

Also, i think "exclusives" are a bad idea, no matter on which system. Especially now, since both Xbox one and PS4 use PC-Hardware.

Didn't really read what that guy replied to me because I know how people can get sensitive when talking about games.

But thanks for understanding what I meant. You are absolutely right laugh

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by eRe4s3r
Both Dark Souls and Final Fantasy 7 were especially made FOR consoles... which is why they are a mess when played with KB/Mouse on pc.

In the end I don't care either way. Larian can make a KS for Xbox One and PS4 versions and if there is enough interest.. then why not. Us PC players already got the game we funded, after all. So whatever wink Exclusives suck. But when it comes down to it, I'd rather have PC exclusives than console ports... ^^

sorry but that is bullshit.
these games were not **** on pc because of dedication to the console version, but rather because of cashing in and lousy porting to pc.

Concerning D:OS to console..tbh I can't fathom why you would want to play a game like that on a console, but if larian is willing AND if it doesn't come before the linux version AND delaying of other future games I could care less..

Although I imagine inventory management will be dreadfull, combat and movement is perfectly feasable..I think some people (myself included) are maybe afraid that too much "stereotypical" console gamers would play and bash it for not understanding the complexity AND pacing of the game.Yes I know it's a cliché, and atm I don't really care smile I think a lot of console gamers are a different crowd than pc gamers.One is not necessarily better than the other, but different game types call for different platforms.

fighters = console bigtime althoug i started with them on pc, but deep rpg's -> PC all the way.

ALL IMHO ofcourse

But let's not forget, this is larian, IF they would ever decide to do a console version, after all misery and limitations of last time i think they would make it the best port ever..

"Dwelfusius | Were-axlotl of Original Sin"

Hardcorus RPGus PCus Extremus
stranger
stranger

Immature? You tell that to the console fanboys. Mate i played on console as well. You know how much hate console gamers towards PC gamers? ....

Have to admit that your first post did sound a little immature to me as well. But your follow-up sounded a bit more reasonable and even-tempered.

IMO, coming from a long history of gaming on both sides of the console/PC fence, there are just as many fanboys, whiners and standoffish attitudes on both sides. I really wish people would accept the fact that there are tons of pros and cons for both and it all boils down to personal preference about how you want to game. There's no 'right' or 'wrong' choice.

As for dumbing-down and consolization issues ... the next-gen consoles have seriously closed the gap to PCs in every way and this is becoming less and less of an issue as they mature. Skyrim on console ... for one ... is as in-depth, sophisticated and full of content as any game on any platform ... and it's not even a next-gen game on console. It's also one of the 30 best-selling video games of all-time, with a vast majority of its sales from console.

I, too, would like to see D:OS and future Divinity games on console. I have good friends that I know would enjoy it and would play it with me ... but they don't game on PC.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard