Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Texoru Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello everyone!

Hope some of you remember me during the development of Divinity: Original Sin Alpha & Beta and hope I recognize some old faces here.

Well this is my suggestion that is needed for the sequel and hope you take a read and put your thoughts and ideas to it.

http://larian.uservoice.com/forums/...dynamic-and-engaging-gameplay-system-ple

I also realize the ideas we are making are mainly for stretch goals, so hopefully these mechanics will be in game and hopefully support their engine.

There are so many I can think off to make the sequel better but these are main ideas that will keep players playing the game.

I also know there are some bad mechanics from the original one that I would like to see improved on the sequel BUT I am guessing they already know especially for the Enhanced Edition.

Well hope to here your thoughts everyone and your ideas that will make the best sequel to the "First Sin" :P

- Texoru

Last edited by Texoru; 18/08/15 12:05 AM.
old hand
old hand
I really like the idea of puzzle items with secrets that can be unlocked. Have you seen the Bard's Tale kickstarter video where they show a dagger that can have poison damaged unlocked by solving a sort of "The Room"-like physics puzzle on the sword? I thought that was insanely awesome. Larian doesn't necesarilly have to do the same thing, but could do dialog interactions with items that have like 5 steps with 4 choices each, or more (so you can't just brute force the solution or save and reload a billion times if it fails after X number of tries). You have to find clues throughout the world to figure out the proper state of each lever. A sort of fantasy zebra puzzle puzzle where you use information from these clues to deduce the states of the levers could be effective.

Custom spells for unique items are a great way for them to really have a niche without necessarily having OP stats.

There's also lots of opportunities for crafting puzzles that can make loot feel cool. The Buffalo Sabre sword was cool, though I don't recall if it had much of a backstory or lore, or if it was some kind of reference.

Riddles are awesome too, but I can see translation being difficult.

I do think one issue with doing this KS before the EE comes out is I don't really know what general problems Larian has already fixed. Like, I assume talents are better balanced and hopefully there are more of them in the EE, but I could be wrong.

Texoru Offline OP
OP Offline
I have heard about it but I never played Bards Tale back than, will defiantly check it out than as it's pointing to my idea!

Yes that buffalo sword was one that interest me by combining the other item, there should be allot more like that but with more back story, more interesting puzzles to add or riddles to solve. Yes I also can agree with you there as it eliminates brute force (skills not needed to solve) or save scumming for failure (which will not have any failure system as you stated that to find the proper steps of each lever). Again thanks for your feedback Baardvark!

Yeah the more puzzles and riddles in the game on items and areas are defiantly gonna keep players interested as it excites them with joy like "OH LOOK I found a item that can do this or wow there is a puzzle or secret here!" instead of "Hey, I found a weapon with better damage and elemental damage yepee.. or just a cave with nothing interesting in it..." - Most RPG players know's about this. The more uniqueness of weapons with random fun ability's it will encourage players to be satisfied and loot more, yes as you said WITHOUT OP Stats unless it has consequences like I mentioned.

Though the only issue I can think of is they may need to add more than 100's or 1000's unique items (More designs, animations, coding of abilities and so on) it depends how big the MAP or game is OR you can find around 4 each of (Armour, helmet, weapons, gauntlet, boots, rings or necklace) unique items or secrets on each tier of maps that will satisfy the player choices on each area. Though I am positively sure this will be worth putting effort into.

Though the best thing I would recommend the developers to improve is the combat as my idea will make it more tactical and more diverse to the player and enemy's. The first game was very tedious especially when your in mid or late in game where the combat becomes the same by using the same OP skills over and over again.

Yeah once EE came out we can defiantly see what they have improved, though I am sure they have fixed most of the issues as they described and hope we can deliver more ideas or changes that is needed for 2 smile

Last edited by Texoru; 18/08/15 01:48 AM.
old hand
old hand
I haven't played any of the Bard Tales games either, but just to clarify, the video of the poison dagger is a ways down their kickstarter page for the next game.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/the-bards-tale-iv/description

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard