Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
addict
addict
Originally Posted by BlueGuy
Some interesting ideas Ellary. I especially like Brains, not Brawn although I would increase the penalties somewhat because it is a great advantage having more memory compared to the penalty.

well I don't want to take away to much con as -4 would leave a character with like 30-40 Hp. maybe take away -4 strength and -2 con.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Kalrakh
My my mage was quite purely hydromage, having offence and defence, mainly because CC is still the best support and Warlord totally broken at current state. She healed, shielded, teleported, froze, slowed and set everything on fire. laugh

In DOS2 you just need to get rid of all the magic armor to freeze for sure (exception immunities of course). smile

In DOS1 there were chances of having the effect and chances of withstanding the effect.

You exchange 4 skill points for 4 other skill points, so it seems quite equal.

Warlord o.o I am going to have to try this.

Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
See also this discussion on returning Talents.

Originally Posted by Ellary
Hiyo, great thread~ just going to toss a few ideas I have here.

Brains, not Brawn

- Similar to your idea a +2 Memory to gain 1 spell slot and +2 Intelligence. At the cost of -2 strength and -2 Con. Less hit points to make up for added skills.

That seems okay, pretty similar to mine so it's likely Larian would only put one of them in. Either would be fine.

Threatening Presence

- A character with this talent would be a more likely to be focused for attacks. Great for a tank.

I think that would need some kind of significant bonus to Armor and/or Constitution to make up for the increased attacks you'll take. It also seems like that might work better as an active skill so you could choose when to use it.

The Pure

- This talent is meant for a healer / buffing type character. All Physical and Magical armor granted is increased by 20% all healing by 25-30%. But at a cost. Damage is reduced by 75%. Also less likely to be targeted by enemies.

That's similar to my "Healer" suggestion above, but I only went as far as decreasing damage by 25%. 75% is far too steep a penalty for the benefits. But I might steal borrow the increased armor idea for "Healer".

75% damage loss sounds pretty harsh and feels to expensive for the benefits. I'm not sure if a purely supportive role would be really usefull. Heals are only needed if someone is wounded, at higher level so only at about third round and buffs like Fortify are to scarce usable, they have pretty tough cooldown.

Ah, but there's this very lovely spell called "Decaying Touch". Stick that onto an enemy and your healer suddenly becomes a damage dealer.

Originally Posted by BlueGuy
Some interesting ideas Ellary. I especially like Brains, not Brawn although I would increase the penalties somewhat because it is a great advantage having more memory compared to the penalty.

I don't think higher penalties are needed.

It's one skill slot and +2 Intelligence. That's not really much, in exchange for -2 Strength and -2 Constitution. Remember that higher level skills will start costing Memory up to 10 per skill.

Last edited by Stabbey; 04/10/16 10:03 PM. Reason: added link
veteran
veteran
You totally should try Warlord, as long you can. It's quite a rush. laugh

I don't really like decaying touch that much. I prefer to keep my heals for healing, there are far better ways to kill enemies of or CC them. Decaying touch only debuffs but nothing more, seems pretty weak. Cooldowns from healing spells aren't that short. And you need to get rid of magic armor first anyway. If the enemie has no magic armor, you can CC it anyway. smile

Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I don't really like decaying touch that much. I prefer to keep my heals for healing, there are far better ways to kill enemies of or CC them. Decaying touch only debuffs but nothing more, seems pretty weak. Cooldowns from healing spells aren't that short. And you need to get rid of magic armor first anyway. If the enemie has no magic armor, you can CC it anyway. smile

Hmmm... what if the Healer talent lowered the cooldown on healing skills by 1 turn? I should ask and see if that is possible to do, if healing skills have a special tag.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Stabbey

Hmmm... what if the Healer talent lowered the cooldown on healing skills by 1 turn? I should ask and see if that is possible to do, if healing skills have a special tag.

I would be all over that o.o that would make my restoration 3 turns. Which is how I think it should be.

L
L
Harvester of Souls (Necromancer 10) - Killing an enemy grants you +X to your highest stat for Y turns.

A
addict
addict
A
Originally Posted by LordofBones
Harvester of Souls (Necromancer 10) - Killing an enemy grants you +X to your highest stat for Y turns.

I love this idea!

Just as all the elements get their own talent specialization, so to should necromancer.

Though that begs the question if you should be allowed an elemental taletent and the necro or just one of the five options

Last edited by aj0413; 04/10/16 11:33 PM.
Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Nice Necromancer Talent idea.

Originally Posted by aj0413

I love this idea!

Just as all the elements get their own talent specialization, so to should necromancer.

Though that begs the question if you should be allowed an elemental taletent and the necro or just one of the five options

Warriors are allowed multiple talents beneficial to Warriors, I don't see why mages and hybrids have to only pick one of five. Mages should be allowed to generalize in more than one school.

veteran
veteran
You should be able to get any you can afford to get, except for those who kind of counter each other out or would be to strong as synergy.

Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Slow and Steady - Requires: Warfare 7. Incompatible with The Pawn

Decrease movement by 1.5 2.5 meters per AP, but boost Physical and Magical armor by 50-100%.

The idea for this one is to allow for a more defense-focused warrior by boosting their magical armor, but decreasing how far they can move and not giving them the free movement from Pawn. The decrease amounts to 6.0 10.0 fewer meters per 4 AP.

EDIT: Bumped the penalty up to 2.5 meters because of all the movement skills warriors have.

Zeroed In - Requires: Huntsman 7.

Increase your damage by 10% per consecutive normal attack. Caps at +30%. Bonus carries over to next turns (Maybe a "Zeroed In" status icon). Saving AP or moving normally does not reset the bonus, but switching targets, fleeing the battle, using a skill (including racial and movement skills), special arrow, or grenade instantly cancels the bonus back to 0 (no bonus damage for those actions). (Killing the target also resets the bonus back to 0, but after the kill.)

Bonus is additive with height bonus, not multiplicative. (If you have a Zeroed In status of +20% and a Height bonus of 40%, your total bonus is 40 + 20 = 60%.

Last edited by Stabbey; 05/10/16 02:13 PM. Reason: altered movement penalty
veteran
veteran
I think Slow and Steady is to strong, there are so many skill you could learn to relocate yourself without having to move by foot, I think the negativ aspect would hardly make any difference for the warrior. Warriors alone have 3 such skills at least for such purpose. Also don't think there is a need to disable the pawn for it. Slow and Steady totally reduces the worth of The Pawn, because movement range of the Pawn get diminished as well.

Zeroed In sounds interesting, but a multiplicative Bonus would be 40 + (20% of 140 = 28), so a total of 68 smile

So using flesh sacrifice would cancel it aswell? Perhaps your AP are full, so you need to make space first. Also tactical retreat would be kind of a movement. I think any kind of movement should cancel the bonus, because you changed your line of firing. Boost who don't effect your position should not cancel it.

By the way we should really decide wich thread we will use now for this stuff. Or at least someone needs to move it finally to the suggestions board. laugh

Last edited by Kalrakh; 05/10/16 03:10 AM.
Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
It's 1 AM and I should be asleep but I'll answer some of those points with my addled brains.

I think Slow and Steady is to strong, there are so many skill you could learn to relocate yourself without having to move by foot, I think the negativ aspect would hardly make any difference for the warrior. Warriors alone have 3 such skills at least for such purpose. Also don't think there is a need to disable the pawn for it. Slow and Steady totally reduces the worth of The Pawn, because movement range of the Pawn get diminished as well.

I can't think of the third warrior movement skill. I'll think about this one some more. Maybe reducing the movement further would help, relocation skills do have cooldowns so they can't be used constantly. Plus the more Memory slots you spend on relocation skills, the fewer you have on the more powerful skills. That in itself reduces offensive power a bit, doesn't it?

Zeroed In sounds interesting, but a multiplicative Bonus would be 40 + (20% of 140 = 28), so a total of 68 smile

Err... right. That's still more than 60, though. So it's the smaller bonus which is what I meant to say.

So using flesh sacrifice would cancel it aswell? Perhaps your AP are full, so you need to make space first. Also tactical retreat would be kind of a movement. I think any kind of movement should cancel the bonus, because you changed your line of firing. Boost who don't effect your position should not cancel it.

Using Flesh Sacrifice before making your two+ consecutive shots would not cancel the bonus, and you would retain the effects of Flesh Sacrifice. Using it after making the two+ consecutive shots (and triggering the bonus) would because it is a skill.

Using Tactical Retreat would cancel the bonus because that's a skill. Using any skill with the bonus up cancels it. I do think using your AP to move should not cancel the bonus.

My reasoning for allowing direct movement is that enemies can move around and get themselves out of range. This bonus is about Zeroing In on one specific enemy and targeting them relentlessly with regular attacks. I think chasing them down to continue firing counts.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Stabbey

I can't think of the third warrior movement skill.

Phoenix Dive, Battering Ram and Blitz Attack, I believe.

addict
addict
at this point I honestly would be happy with one that reduces how enemies target a character. Trying to do a solo play through Classic mode and even if I have my Healer / buffer in the back.. they continually go for her.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Ellary
at this point I honestly would be happy with one that reduces how enemies target a character. Trying to do a solo play through Classic mode and even if I have my Healer / buffer in the back.. they continually go for her.

IKR!?! Stench was a lifesaver! But hopefully they can make it useful in PvP, too, like "enemies that hit you get knocked back 1 meter", or "has a chance to fear enemies until they run 1m away" (so it doesn't get rid of their whole turn), with a drawback similar to the first game!

I've had another idea for a talent

Displaced Image
===========
An ability to displace your image up to three feat from its location. Could be useful in combat or for a nefarious rogue to distract. The image cannot perform any action itself and will disappear if attacked or interacted with.

S
stranger
stranger
S
How about:

Weaponmaster
--------------------
Your first Weapon switch per turn costs no AP

----------------------------------------------------

Let's say you start off with your Bow/Crossbow, fire off a special arrow and then equip your
Two hander and Bullrush into the fray taking names, or you have your sword and shield and your physical armour runs out and generally being useless (Not really a fan of the Parmour/Marmour situation) you then equip your two hander to burst them down or even a bow/crossbow/wand(?) with Tactical Retreat/Cloak and Dagger/Phoenix Dive then you can get away to take a shot.

Mainly had One Man Army in mind when I thought of this talent but it can still work otherwise and gives you more ap to work with.

Not really 100% thought this talent through (How it would work with dual wield, prerequisites and also not knowing exactly what One Man Army does) but I liked the concept

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Swedley of Smeg
How about:

Weaponmaster
--------------------
Your first Weapon switch per turn costs no AP

----------------------------------------------------

I like it! It would make spear huntsman a lot more viable, as well as bow rogue and sword-and-board/two hander warrior!

" Death Thrall"

a talent that turns the enemies you kill into zombies that fight for you, and the type of damage they do determines the kind of damage the zombie does.

This talent would require a medium to high number of points into Necromancy, as it would be intended to be a mid to late game talent choice.

Last edited by cool-dude01; 07/10/16 03:22 AM.
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard