Print Thread
#613465 17/09/17 03:04 PM
G
Gulpy Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Basically I just want to create a mod that iterates through the character creation process 4 times. I've tried editing the story in the sys_character_creation but to no avail. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

P
stranger
stranger
P
The simple variant i used is multiplayer.Launch first game choose you profile in main menu.Select new multiplayer game and create.
2.Launch another instance of DOS.Create a new profile choose multiplayer game-connect
3.Repeat step 2 2 more times.each time creating a new profile
4.IF you Pc not so strong recommend to do this in window mode with minimum resolution.
5.start multiplayer game-create party.start game.save game.quit another instances of game.Profit.

T
addict
addict
T
Parkan's way is indeed the best way to achieve this. The character creation process is shared between code and scripting, and is one of the hairiest parts of the game. I would not recommend trying to hack it.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Tinkerer
Parkan's way is indeed the best way to achieve this. The character creation process is shared between code and scripting, and is one of the hairiest parts of the game. I would not recommend trying to hack it.

Seconded, thirded, fourthed, and fifthed :P

Plus you can get away without using a mod that way.

G
Gulpy Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Yeahhhh.... after looking at the stuff, it's a mess for modding. Basically you take over a dummynpc, edit it, then the game assigns that NPC to you and loads the next scene. I tried just placing the character in the next scene then rerouting back to the character creation level, but couldn't get it to work properly. Ended up with just a bunch of dummies in the starting scene. Looks like I'll be doing it the hacky way.

P
stranger
stranger
P
The multiplayer creation party is very hacky,but i miss a 6 party member gameplay like it can be in Original sin 1 and in EE edition of game.

G
Gulpy Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Expanding party size may not be too hard. Basically there's this INIT ..

DB_GLO_PartyAmountFlags("GLO_PartyOf4", 4);
DB_GLO_PartyAmountFlags("GLO_PartyOf3", 3);
DB_GLO_PartyAmountFlags("GLO_PartyOf2", 2);
DB_GLO_PartyAmountFlags("GLO_PartyOf1", 1);

DB_UserCounter(0);

Then a bunch of handlers to cover things like conversation, switching, chaining.. that all looks like it can simply be copy pasta'd..... hmmmm....

T
addict
addict
T
"DB_GLO_PartyAmountFlags" has nothing to do with extending the party size. Those are merely flags that are sometimes set so they can be checked in dialogs. They are unrelated to character creation or recruitment limitations.

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard