Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
As the title says. If I am in GM Mode, trying to setup a level. Why,when I place a table, can I not then place a piece of food on said table? What am I missing here? Every item seems to only be capable of being placed on the ground.

journeyman
journeyman
I think that kind of placement has to be done in the editor. But i can be wrong.
(If i'm right add that to the list of things that have to change)

T
stranger
stranger
T
I haven't tried with tables I have placed, but I found if you stick it on the ground first then put it on the table it will work, or posses a character and then move it onto the table. Annoying, but I think it's something about the engine.

S
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
Originally Posted by TheLambert
I found if you stick it on the ground first then put it on the table it will work

I sure hope this is true. I haven't tried this. I have been placing food and things via the editor. I will try this idea when I get home tonight.

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
Originally Posted by TheLambert
I haven't tried with tables I have placed, but I found if you stick it on the ground first then put it on the table it will work, or posses a character and then move it onto the table. Annoying, but I think it's something about the engine.

Yes, it's a known bug on our end. It'll be fixed at some point and this is indeed the workaround.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

stranger
stranger
Place it on the floor first, then move it to the table.
That's how I got around it.

If life was a joke, the ones who didn't get it would be the punchline.
S
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
Yes, except the hitbox for the table i was trying was not right, so when I placed it, the item still ends up kind of floating above the surface of the table. Plenty of room for improvement here.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I like to put lots of items into GM's inventory. Fro there you can drag it on tables. Or even better give food and dishes to an npc waitress and then possess it to serve the table for our adventurers. Looks really neet how mugs and pies fly on that table.

This is the main reason I got annoyed with the GM editor and just started working on a standalone campaign. It might seem petty, but there's a lot of really 'tiny' issues that drove me crazy, lol.

Last edited by Alexstrasza; 28/09/17 10:15 PM.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard