Next Thread
Print Thread
Nashes Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
[b]ADDENDUM: resolved, read below if you encountered the same problems![/b]

Hello,

Wondering if anyone can shed some light on a problem I'm having with the Divinity Engine, seems to be a bug in my opinion.

In my custom mod for the main game, I've made a custom class using the Larian wiki guidelines, and while everything is working fine as far as stats, descriptions, being selectable etcetera, two things which are not working correctly are:

1) the class equipment preview during character creation in game, and

2) the class starting equipment in game

I have confirmed, and reconfirmed about 3x these fields in the class file in my mod directory:

[code]
<node id="EquipmentProperties">
<children>
<node id="EquipmentProperty">
<attribute id="RaceName" value="Human" type="22" />
<attribute id="PreviewEquipmentSet"
value="Class_BloodMage_Preview" type="22" />
<attribute id="StartingEquipmentSet"
value="Class_BloodMage_Preview" type="22" />
</node>
</children>
</node>
[/code]

The character starts bare with no equipment at all, and when previewing the class armour set the body is actually invisible.

The equipment set stat "Class_BloodMage_Preview" is working just fine. It's being utilized in game on a character and the equipment is tangible to the player when said character dies.

So I'm confused as to why this isn't working, what am I missing? I also find it highly curious as to how you cannot find anywhere in the stats menu where Class_x_Preview equipment is defined, yet the default classes magically have an appearance when you use them.

Would be extremely unfortunate if this is hard-coded, and takes away the point of being able to call a custom stat in.

Nashes Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Bump.

stranger
stranger
[quote=Nashes]

The equipment set stat "Class_BloodMage_Preview" is working just fine. It's being utilized in game on a character and the equipment is tangible to the player when said character dies.

So I'm confused as to why this isn't working, what am I missing? I also find it highly curious as to how you cannot find anywhere in the stats menu where Class_x_Preview equipment is defined, yet the default classes magically have an appearance when you use them.

Would be extremely unfortunate if this is hard-coded, and takes away the point of being able to call a custom stat in. [/quote]

I am also creating a custom class and found the location to edit the preview equipment;

[img]https://imgur.com/a/k4Q2q[/img]

Using this you can copy an entry over to your project, and then easily create equipment sets there, This worked for me.

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $3494 ($1200 with sales)
  • Games owned: 225
  • Games not played: 39 (17%)
  • Hours on record: 5,993.1h
Nashes Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I actually just found last night those default equipment set stat calls. Interestingly, you can use any equipment set that already exists in Origins or Shared for equipment start or preview. I am wondering why we can't call from our newly created stats, hence posting this in troubleshooting.

So Hybrid, you had success copying them to your stat calls and overwriting them through your mod? I did not think of trying that. Gonna go give that shot to use my own equipment in the preview.. and try editing one of the default starting equipment fields as well. Thanks!

Nashes Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I overwrote the equipment set Shared stat "Class_Wizard_Start_Undead" and applied it inside my custom class file for the starting equipment in game, and the equipment preview in character creation...

Unfortunately, same exact problems still occur: the character preview for the class has an invisible body and no weapon (regardless of race; all race appearances are defined correctly in the class file) and the starting inventory is empty. As a sidenote, I am using a mix of equipment already existing in the game, and created equipment. Neither appear.

At this point, considering this a bug. A bug which I have no solution on...

A
stranger
stranger
A
I think it's probably hard coded. Changing the skills loadout works but nothing for equipment works unless you have your class referring to existing equipment sets. Even when you leave character creation, the game for some reason doesn't recognise the starting gear loadout for the custom class.

Nashes Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I have identified the problem myself *finally*, but have ran into a second problem.

If you use the Divinity Engine to build your stat Equipment set that you want to use during character creation and starting equipment, character creation does not recognize it, and the reason is the Editor autowrites in the Equipment.txt file as follows:

Code
new equipment "EO_Class_Set_Blood_Sourcerer"
add equipmentgroup
new equipment entry "EO_Fellhyde_UpperBody"
add equipmentgroup
new equipment entry "EO_Fellhyde_LowerBody"
add equipmentgroup
new equipment entry "EO_Fellhyde_Helmet"
add equipmentgroup
new equipment entry "EO_WPN_Fellhyde_Staff"
add equipmentgroup
new equipment entry "CONT_Backpack_A_SourceHunter"

Having downloaded someone that made their mod WITHOUT using the editor, that successfully uses a custom equipment set for their class I looked at their Equipment.txt, see below:

Code
new equipment "Class_Civilian_Start"
add equipmentgroup 
add equipment entry "ARM_Civilian_UpperBody"
add equipmentgroup 
add equipment entry "ARM_Civilian_LowerBody"
add equipmentgroup 
add equipment entry "WPN_Dagger"
add equipmentgroup 
add equipment entry "ARM_Ring"

You can see the difference of course: the Editor automatically uses the phrase "NEW equipment entry" when it should say "ADD equipment entry."

Thus I simply manually fixed the Equipment.txt file (which you will have to do _every time_ you edit equipment sets using the editor). So, that is resolved, by manually fixing a bug.

Now, the new problem: all my custom armor pieces won't appear as the model they should (in equipment preview; but when equipped work correctly). I'm still troubleshooting it before reaching out.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Nashes
I have identified the problem myself *finally*, but have ran into a second problem.

If you use the Divinity Engine to build your stat Equipment set that you want to use during character creation and starting equipment, character creation does not recognize it, and the reason is the Editor autowrites in the Equipment.txt file as follows:

Code
new equipment "EO_Class_Set_Blood_Sourcerer"
add equipmentgroup
new equipment entry "EO_Fellhyde_UpperBody"
add equipmentgroup
new equipment entry "EO_Fellhyde_LowerBody"
add equipmentgroup
new equipment entry "EO_Fellhyde_Helmet"
add equipmentgroup
new equipment entry "EO_WPN_Fellhyde_Staff"
add equipmentgroup
new equipment entry "CONT_Backpack_A_SourceHunter"

Having downloaded someone that made their mod WITHOUT using the editor, that successfully uses a custom equipment set for their class I looked at their Equipment.txt, see below:

Code
new equipment "Class_Civilian_Start"
add equipmentgroup 
add equipment entry "ARM_Civilian_UpperBody"
add equipmentgroup 
add equipment entry "ARM_Civilian_LowerBody"
add equipmentgroup 
add equipment entry "WPN_Dagger"
add equipmentgroup 
add equipment entry "ARM_Ring"

You can see the difference of course: the Editor automatically uses the phrase "NEW equipment entry" when it should say "ADD equipment entry."

Thus I simply manually fixed the Equipment.txt file (which you will have to do _every time_ you edit equipment sets using the editor). So, that is resolved, by manually fixing a bug.

Thank you for this, my equipment sets had suddenly stopped working as well so this should help me out. Thanks!!

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $3494 ($1200 with sales)
  • Games owned: 225
  • Games not played: 39 (17%)
  • Hours on record: 5,993.1h
Nashes Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Glad it helped you, too!

And I troubleshooted and found out why my equipment models were not being called. It is a stat not found in the editor you must create manually: ItemProgression_Visual and ItemProgression_Name. Just like ItemColours, it is a stat you have to code yourself, sadly not in the editor anywhere I can find. Interestingly, Armor stat name cannot be the same as ItemGroup name, despite the base game being allowed to make them the same.

And thus my goal has been achieved (next problem to tackle is making custom origins work, but I'll wait on a more informative Larian guide as the current one does not work when used as instructed):
[Linked Image]

addict
addict
Hey Nashes,

Sorry for that annoying bug, in the next patch this will generate "add equipment entry" as intended smile

Also, what exactly seems to be going wrong with the custom origins? smile The provided wiki file should work, so do let us know what issues you're running into so we are aware and can fix it for you.

Sincerely,
Kevin

Last edited by Larian_KVN; 04/10/17 08:57 AM.

CTRL+K the elf
Nashes Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Hey Kevin, thanks for the post!

I think I posted the problem I had in another thread, but after re-reading that thread I think they were talking about generic NPC characters, not character origins.

My post reads as follows:
When I place a character using the root template Humans_Hero_Male base, and then check it as global and modify it's base appearances (face/hair etc, using only already-existing ones), and do literally nothing else to it, in character creation the character does not have the appearance I select--just some generic appearance, and if I start the game with this character origin it remains in the SYS_CharacterCreation level and doesn't proceed to the Fort Joy tutorial ship (the character I made doesn't even go into my party and no menus are accessible).

No idea what's going on there. There must be something more needed than just checking Is_Global, and the GUID used by the template must have such settings, but you can't search in the editor by GUID that I'm aware of to look and see what other settings are going on.

Any help is greatly appreciated. The template works fine when pulled directly as is, but once I change the GUID (which is the same as UUID I'm assuming? I've never seen UUID anywhere in the editor), everything goes downhill with the above.

Thanks in advance!

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard