Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
Hey everybody. I've been playing around with the Divinity Engine 2 and had a question regarding draw distance/Fog? I've designed a level for GM mode that features a cliff that's supposed to be surrounded by a white void. I manage to get a fairly nice result while in the editor but switching to game makes the furthest fog just turn sheer black. Here are screenshots in editor and in game.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Would anyone happen to know what's happening here and potentially how I can resolve it?

Thanks a bunch. Sorry for any formatting issues.

Last edited by Larian_KVN; 09/10/17 08:45 AM. Reason: Forced an update for the images to show
addict
addict
Hey PoppySeed,

this will always happen where nothing is visible as soon as you enable the Shroud.
We solve this in our levels by making sure there is always terrain or a water plane.

We also have some root templates with "infinite water". They're rectangular planes with a special shader to fake an infinite water vista. (We mainly use it for views like yours or to hide boats/levels that are placed next to it). Those Root Templates are named: "{something}_Ocean_Infinite". They are specific to levels though, so you'd have to use the same material on your own water plane to get a correct ocean plane.

Sincerely,
Kevin

CTRL+K the elf
M
M
other option is using a skybox - they have nice paralax scrolling if i remember right

Last edited by monzua; 10/10/17 06:50 PM.
R
stranger
stranger
R
I've been trying to get skyboxes to work for a while. How exactly do you go about doing that?

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard