Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nashes Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Title. Custom races have broken in the last day. You can no longer find them in character creation.

This includes the wiki's templates and example for race creation. In case this was somehow related to my mod, I created a fresh project and tested with the wiki template and example--still broken, so not my mod (sigh of relief).

Last edited by Nashes; 11/10/17 05:35 AM.
Nashes Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I'll just add to this thread I guess.

And after the Divinity 2 update this morning, the Divinity Engine stat editor has been busted and can't read aaaaaany of the stat files that I've made that it was reading just fine before.

I'm gonna put my modding stuff on hold. Everything is busting and going downhill lately and I worry things are going to start corrupting if they haven't already.

M
M
if the editor is broken you can use a older build - check the corresponding guide smile

Nashes Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I solved the problem regarding stats: during my manual backup/reinstall to attempt to fix races, there was a fourth folder that had to be backed up which I did not; but it was in the trash thankfully for restoration. Three folders wasn't enough. :hihi:

There was an undocumented patch today for Divinity OS2, along with a documented update to the Divinity Engine editor.

Neither fixed the big problem. Custom races still won't load, including the fresh templates from the wiki.

EDIT: I noticed an error in the latest version of the editor that stated "XML error" with my race file. I deleted it, remade it from the wiki template, and now, my race and the wiki template races appear correctly.

I have a suspicion that it was unhappy to find an XML error in any race folder, and thus wouldn't read the remaining race files. However, I find it odd that in a fresh mod, the custom races would still not load. In any case, resolved!

Last edited by Nashes; 11/10/17 05:35 AM. Reason: troubleshooting

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard