Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
banned
OP Offline
banned
D
I realized that this game isn't worth the story or worth the trouble of going through the type of crap that happened in the first game where you're given a journal entry and the objective wasn't even remotely accurate.

So couple that above with a lot of the quests are broken, and don't turn in even after you solve them (Such as the imprisoned elf), I just decided to say the hell with it and went on a killing spree and made it a mission to just kill everything...this includes all guards, every animal, every NPC inside all floors of the castle thing area and the arena.

Don't get me wrong, I completely understand how some quests are a chain and cannot be completed in the area you pick them up in and need to be done later on deeper into the game, but those types of quests usually hint or tell the player they cannot be finished now (By either directly saying it or by giving the name of an NPC that isn't in the area so it is an NPC you have not found yet. But I have no tolerance at all for game design where after talking to everyone possible, the quests in fort joy cannot be finished.

You cannot even find the oranges in fort joy despite you find the person responsible the quest hints to you about the trigger never happens.

So because of how this has been designed, except for my character, there is now absolutely nothing left alive on the island of fort joy.

The way I see it is if the quests are broken then the NPC's serve no purpose.

Last edited by dontbestupid; 17/10/17 10:37 PM.
old hand
old hand
Alas.

Another soul broken by the journey to divinity.

"We make our choices and take what comes and the rest is void."
veteran
veteran
Haha love it! The dark side is strong with this one!

"NOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

journeyman
journeyman
Odd, I never had a problem with the oranges. If you make the right choices in the conversation he gives you a single huge orange. You return the single orange, and live with the consequences.

If you don't make the right choices, then its only logical that you shouldn't be able to finish the quest. Quests should be something you can FAIL at.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Strange, I never had any problems with the quest. There are several ways to aquire the oranges, too. For instance, you can just pickpocket it if you are not able to convince the person responsible.
After you turn the orange in, you have to make another choice which opens up another option at least in my case.

I replayed Act 1 a decent amount of times to test builds amongst other things and the imprisoned elf isn´t broken by any stretch of the imagination.

And I completly agree, giving quests failure states besides combat (like most other cRPGs do) is something I really enjoy about the game. It´s something more akin to pen & paper tabletop groups, which is a good thing.

I agree on one thing tho, in some cases the mission log could be a little bit clearer if it´s a quest which obviously cannot be completed on the first island. For instance, on my first playthrough I wasn´t sure where Reaper´s Coast might be. I suspected it to be a place where I might end up later, but it left me confused in some cases. This is something the player doesn´t know yet, but my character should know. This is especially true for the origin characters. Those aren´t "fish out of the water" type of characters, most of them know "the lay of the land."

Edit: I just realised the OP got banned. Well, jokes on me then.

Last edited by Sarakash; 18/10/17 07:45 AM.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard