Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I've been following this guide to make a custom portrait religiously, but can not seem to get it to work.

The .lsx located at C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Divinity Original Sin 2\Data\Public\DivinityChronicles_23154358-f7a9-4c9e-bd0d-8fd859ddb55e\GUI - along with the relevant .dds and another .lsf file updates when ever I run the render portraits process, but no changes / content are added to either of the files.

I know this by comparing files that have changed before/after a session through github repository and comparing any changes to *any* files that was one way or another altered during that session. Every file remains identical after every attempt. To the letter.

So I'm hoping this is a bug, and a fixable one. Here's some details and screenshots:

Most of the testing was done on the inherited SYS_NPC_Portrait_A level, but I also tried to make a new level from scratch, as Windemere had reported working for him for 'new' characters, but in opposition, not working for inherited npcs. It didn't work for me with new npcs either. No success. Only difference between our projects is, his is an adventure mod, mine is an addon to story.

I am trying to render a portrait for a new asset, a character model from DOS1. At first I thought maybe that was the problem, until I realized the portraits should render regardless, but an empty / broken portrait at the very least. There's literally no change to any file in any file in and beyond /Data/ suggesting the engine is rather failing to render new icon content rather than the fault being in the content itself.

I've also tried several alternate keys beyond what the guide suggests, as I saw in the SYS_Player_Portrait level booth, the cameras do Camera_NameofRaceAndGender rather than Cam_xxxxx. No juice on either formatting.

During current testing as of speaking, the individual objects' settings looks like this:

The Character:

[Linked Image]

The Point Trigger:

[Linked Image]

The Camera:

[Linked Image]

Project Settings:

[Linked Image]

If you spot anything and this is all my fault after all, please let me know. I've gone over it at least 20 times, but am still human. Arguably.

M
M
had exactly the same issue for my standalone adventure. smirk

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by monzua

"Had" ?

journeyman
journeyman
Did you fill in the PortraitGenerationTrigger for "The Character" with the name of the PointTrigger "Icon_DC_Icara" so when you render portraits it then does so?

M
M
Originally Posted by The Composer
Originally Posted by monzua

"Had" ?

haha - yes - i did give up on it so yep "had" hehe

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Nashes
Did you fill in the PortraitGenerationTrigger for "The Character" with the name of the PointTrigger "Icon_DC_Icara" so when you render portraits it then does so?

Yes, made sure it was set with her trigger in both the root template and the particular character in the map.

journeyman
journeyman
Try using one that already exists in that level that might work for the character. Like, Icons_Human_female etc. That's very weird it's not working..

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Nashes
Try using one that already exists in that level that might work for the character. Like, Icons_Human_female etc. That's very weird it's not working..

Already tried that too.

journeyman
journeyman
Off-topic sidenote I discovered a character doesn't have to be on the portrait generation level to have a portrait generated. Wonder if that's another bug. I have three characters placed in a custom level and it had an icon generated for it when I rendered portraits.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
My issue here is that the height of almost all characters from DOS1 is a little shorter than their corresponding race. So using an existing booth still wouldn't be ideal of it even worked.

journeyman
journeyman
The bigger issue is you can't even generate a portrait. Heh.

You've definitely got it all set up correctly based on your pictures.

You could try opening a new project, do everything and if it works, then copy the generated portrait file to your original mod. Doesn't solve the original problem of course but worth a try?

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Worth a try, at the very least just to see if it somehow is project-related.

Hi Composer,

I checked the tutorial and everything still seems up-to-date. Does your character have a visual set?

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Larian_JB
Hi Composer,

I checked the tutorial and everything still seems up-to-date. Does your character have a visual set?

That did seem to fix it for me - you typing that gave me the idea there could be an invisible set hidden around, and surprise-surprise there was. I had tried visual sets on these imports but obviously that won't work with new character assets. So putting on an invisible helper visualset was all I needed!

Woop woop!

[Linked Image]

Last edited by The Composer; 06/11/17 12:40 PM.
old hand
old hand
Whoa, came out great. Nice work you two. smile

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
Glad you managed to fix it, I added the visualset requirement to the notes on the wiki guide

Last edited by Larian_JB; 06/11/17 01:12 PM.
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Yes, thank you! Glad to be able to check off one more point on the list of things to get done!

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard