Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
https://www.fig.co/campaigns/deadfi...campaign=CF17&utm_medium=featuresite

The cowdfunding for Pillars of ertenity 2 has started and it goes until 25. february 2017. Please pledge now so you have another great game to play after you finished D:OS2.

PS: I hope anyone ever reads this. This forum seems quite dead except the D:OS2 part.

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
It is quiet down here! I think it's awful that people don't chat enough about off-topic stuff. biggrin

I'm feeling slightly ambivalent about PoE2: I didn't play the original but did spend quite a while playing Tyranny, which was a real love/hate experience for me. I loved the inventive world, lore and characters, but found the presentation of the game not so much retro as just dated when compared to D:OS, and the dialogue was a bit dry for my tastes (though that just seems to be an Obsidian signature thing and is quite subjective). That and the later stages feeling a bit rushed spoiled it slightly for me.

J'aime le fromage.
Y
Y
Pillars of Eternity is a very well done RPG.

If you can stomach the poor beginning of the game.

Personally, I did not participate in the crowd funding. But I will buy the full release once it comes out.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Hmm, I'm finding that not totally compelling. I would be more interested in that (and especially a Tyranny II... though I'm not totally convinced that the story actually left any room for a successor. A Tyranny EE then, maybe) if it moved on from an interface that was like an '80s adventure to something more like Original Sin: freedom of camera movement, more open areas etc. They wouldn't need to do much else beyond that and from what I could tell the graphics quality allowed for it anyway. But in its current form it's like playing Knight Lore on a Sinclair Spectrum in 1983.

J'aime le fromage.
E
E
Freedom of camera - not really possible as Tyranny and PoE are 2D games. Not sure if the characters are 3D but the backgrounds are 2D hand drawn images.

Hear ye, hear ye! Bishop Alexander was slain by seagulls! Culprits still at large!
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I did wonder: these days it's sometimes hard to tell if something's rendered to look like 2D (which may be easier in some regards, rather perversely) or is actually 2D. It hadn't occurred to me that the characters might actually be the old-style sprites drawn in a million different ways like in DD.

J'aime le fromage.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard