Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Would it be possible to change the question node default value for "ShowOnce" back to "false"?

Currently this creates a bit of a problem for menu-style dialogues, as the ShowOnce value defaults to "true", and you end up having disappearing menu options if you forget to uncheck it.

Previously it was false by default, so I'm not sure if the change was intentional, as it tends to add a large amount of (previously) unnecessary clicking when adding large amounts of questions.

Side note: Flags defaulting to "true" was a great change, as you tend to want to set/check an enabled flag, rather than a disabled one. Lots of tedious clicking prevented with that change!

The same sort of thing applies to ShowOnce: Most people will want that off, rather than on.

T
addict
addict
T
ShowOnce now defaults to true because most dialogs are not menus, but conversations in which you don't want to pick the same option over and over again smile At least in the game dialogs I create that behaviour also saves a lot of clicking, and I assume it's the same for the other scripters and the writers, so I doubt this will change back.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Hm. Would it be possible to add some user settings, so we could choose our own default values then?

Unfortunately for modders wanting to provide menus/settings for their mods, dialogs are all we have.

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard