Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
After debugging all of the CharacterUsedSkill events today, I stumbled upon a bug or typo for the CharacterUsedSkill event:

So while the parameter name states it's the _SkillType:
Code
CharacterUsedSkill((CHARACTERGUID)_Character, (STRING)_Skill, (STRING)_SkillType)

_SkillType is actually the _SkillElement, like in the SkillCast event.

I tested this by casting Ground Smash while tracing all the various skill events:
[Linked Image]
As you can see here, it returns "Warrior" instead of "cone".

Testing this with Inspire returned the following:
Code
[LLMIME:Debug:CharacterUsedSkillAtPosition] [Squiggly Pete] cast skill [Shout_InspireStart(shout)] from position [8,0,9] to target position [8,0,9].

[LLMIME:Debug:CharacterUsedSkill] [Squiggly Pete] cast skill [Shout_InspireStart()].

[LLMIME:Debug:SkillCast] [Squiggly Pete] cast skill [Shout_InspireStart] with element []

Since Inspire is a "Special" type, the element is blank, and matches up with SkillCast's value (blank).

Being that this is most likely a typo, swapping the parameter name from _SkillType to _SkillElement may be a good idea to avoid future confusion (I myself tried to use the parameter to check for a shout skill at one point).

T
addict
addict
T
You're right, it indeed passes the SkillElement rather than the SkillType. I'll create a bug report. Thanks!

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard