Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
I'm trying to manipulate/create new statuses, the first based off of Venom Coating where I'm trying to make it do bleeding instead of poison. From what I can tell, I need to find the corresponding parts from those two categories (for Venom Coating, they are Stats_VenomCoating and Stack_Venom)

Any idea where I can find what these are referencing to perhaps make a Stats_BleedCoating and Stack_Bleed for this?

enthusiast
enthusiast
So StackId is essentially a "string" value used solely for preventing a status from stacking with other statuses with the same StackId. There's no actual entry for this, as it's purely just a name id.

StatsId is a Potion entry that is essentially "consumed" when the status is applied. Check Shared's Potion stats for Stats_VenomCoating:

Code
new entry "Stats_VenomCoating"
type "Potion"
data "Act" "1"
data "Act part" "0"
data "BonusWeapon" "Status_VenomCoating"

So you can see here, this potion entry also referencing a weapon, called "Status_VenomCoating". That's in Shared's weapon stats:

Code
new entry "Status_VenomCoating"
type "Weapon"
data "ModifierType" "Item"
data "Damage Type" "Poison"
data "Damage" "1"
data "Damage Range" "5"
data "DamageFromBase" "40"

The weapon stat here is applied as a "BonusWeapon", which adds poison damage to the character's weapon.

C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Awesome, very helpful, thanks!

From what I understand, I need to make a new potion entry like so:
[code]new entry "Status_BleedCoating"
type "Weapon"
data "ModifierType" "Item"
data "Damage Type" "Piercing"
data "Damage" "1"
data "Damage Range" "5"
data "DamageFromBase" "40"[/code]
Using Piercing as damage type since there's not a "bleeding" option, this should effectively make the weapon its applied to do a simulated bleeding status? Is there a way to make it apply the Bleeding status instead of dealing damage outside from scripting?

Link Copied to Clipboard