Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#653350 26/06/19 08:30 AM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi all

I am new to the forum and I have recently started playing DOS2 on PS4, I am struggling however on creating a mixed damage party, I dont know whether to include all kinds of magic or just aero/hydro or pyro/geo. I do want to try build a party thats good for all situations and was thinking maybes 1 phys, 1 mag then 1 phys/mag and 1 mag/phys. Would this be viable and if so what would be some good ideas on what kind of focus for each char? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks =)

journeyman
journeyman
Good, question. I usually have a fighter, witch, ranger and wizard in my builds for phys and mag abilities on each.
Yet, this creates new problems each time I start a new save and thus I can only say that thinking smart is the best idea cause anything can happen while playing ; regardless of build.

W
journeyman
journeyman
W
One of the best split damage characters is the ranger summoner. It is primarily physical damage, but if you use elemental arrows and summon the incarnate to do some sort of elemental damage, it can be a great magic damage dealer as well.
Coming from the other direction, you can turn your mage from magic dealer to decent physical damage as well. Stick a couple points into Necromancy and then get Mosquito Swarm and Infect. These two skill are scale off of the Int stat. Mosquito Swarm only has a 3 round cool down so it can be used quite a bit. You can pick up a Necro summons skills (Bloated Corpse and Bone Widow) to do some more physical damage. Another little trick is to put two points into Aerothurge. This allows you to get Teleport which does pretty good physical damage. Using all of this and you can set up a mage to do solid physical damage when needed. I use the above tricks especially if I am running a Battle Mage. With a Battle Mage, picking up Decaying Touch is great as it scales off of Int. Have some way to get off a Restoration in combination with the Decaying Touch and the physical damage can be impressive.
If you go with these two suggestions, your remaining two characters can be used to make the party primarily physical damage or primarily magic damage or go completely split damage.
Keep in mind that your physical damage dealers can use grenades to do magical damage in a pinch. So, if you go with the 2 above suggestions and then take 2 physical damage dealers, you can put out pretty decent magic damage when needed.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard