Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I started the end game, went through the Whispers of the Void, and met Leandra just before the portal to Eden. Unfortunately I did not get the chance to redeem Leandra and I had no choice but to fight her. During the battle Icara also died. There was a conversation just prior but I had no opportunity to give any input, just advance through the conversations between Zandalor, Icara and Leandra.
Was the option to reconcile the 2 of them removed from the enhanced edition? If it's still there, what do I need to do to repair their soul forge?
Just before I left Homestead to embark on the final part of the game I had a convo with Zixzax, the gist of which (and I hope I'm remembering correctly) he asked me to save Leandra if I could, and i gave a non-commital reply instead of agreeing to his request. Was this the trigger that sets the outcome of the encounter with Leandra later?

PS: Is Icara scripted to die also if Leandra dies because of their soul forge? I could have sworn that she was in reasonable health during the course of the fight.

Last edited by Hayashi.226; 31/07/19 03:32 AM.
Support
Support

There should be a chance to use the soul forge ritual after Leandra is defeated, as long as you have it and Icara is alive at that point. The dialogue with Zixzax shouldn't matter.
Icara is not scripted to die if Leandra is defeated, whether or not you have or use the ritual.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Thanks. I replayed the battle, this time with Icara left standing at the end, and I got that option. So I guess on my first attempt Icara was more injured then I thought, and probably suffering from some status effect and she keeled over just as the battle ended.
One question though, after defeating the final boss Leandra's soul is banished by the goddess. Kinda makes all the effort of trying to reunite the sisters seem pointless. That's not a variable is it? Meaning no matter what one's choices in the game, this will always happen.

Last edited by Hayashi.226; 31/07/19 10:30 AM.
Support
Support

I don't recall Leandra being banished... At the Source hunter Academy Zandalor says he doesn't know what happen to them, and he would be searching for Icara.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Hmm.. it looks like there could be variations. In my game, Icara survived the battle with Leandra, I did the soul forge ritual but then in the immediate aftermath of the battle, still in the first garden, Astarte banished the Leandra half of the soul-forged sisters and what was left was Icara both here at later at the Academy.
I suppose yours played if Icara doesn't survive.

Btw, I had an interesting glitch. After battling the death knights Zandalor and Icara/Leandra didn't follow me down from where they were hanging back up the hill. I went back up, Zandalor then followed but Icara/Leandra never did. I fought the void dragon without their help.

Support
Support

This does appear to be random. In the save I double checked, Icara and Leandra were soul forged, and brought to the final battle. That was using a random end game save, so I'm not sure what happened previously.
Had the sisters continued, either in the DK fight or (most often) the final one, Leandra would have taken over and turned against the party, and after several turns Icara would regain control, if you don't kill them in the meantime. It looks like that still happened in your game, even though they were not physically involved in the fight (or the game was just checking if the sisters were alive and Icara in control).

Reloading that save again and passing turns just healing Zandalor and Astarte, when Icara regained control, the sisters said "I have banished her, Source Hunters! Icara fights for you anew!", but then the Void Dragon killed her/them. I reloaded and did the same thing, and the sisters said "I have overtaken Leandra! Astarte, I stand by your side!", after which finishing the fight proceeded the same as killing the void dragon before the sisters turned back: Zandalor didn't know where the sisters were, and was going to search for Icara.
Reloading again and repeating, I got the 'banished' line, Astarte undid the soul forge at the end of the fight and Icara was in the Source Hunter Academy (as she would be if the soul forge ritual was not used).

I also had the sisters stop following once, but shortly after arriving, so reloaded.

N
stranger
stranger
N
This sort of game has been providing us with amazing fun for the last couple of decades. I would like to order custom term paper right now so that I could complete my all pending work on time. Our young generation is enjoying such luxurious and wonderful games very well on daily basis to relax body and mind after hectic days in schools and colleges.

L
stranger
stranger
L
I just have to say, I always found this storyline disturbing. So, since Leandra wasn't okay with her boyfriend also loving her sister, she turns into a villain? And our options are to either kill Leandra or make her re-forge her soul to Icara (who betrayed her)? Leandra should be stuck forever with the two people who broke her heart? Because they're really going to "heal" her - they're the best people for that job. Really?! Yeah, it makes for a dramatic/artistic story, but one that doesn't make sense. Apparently heroes are homewreckers, and you can't trust a girl whose boyfriend betrayed her, because she will obviously become a mass murderer out of revenge.

This is such a good game, it deserves a better story than that.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard