Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I've been using the Epic encounters mod, it's an amazing mod that makes the entire game harder (also making late game spells not broken op) but it has a major problem that pressure plates don't work at all no matter what I try.

apparently not everyone had this bug otherwise they would be talking about it all day. I know that the vanilla game had a problem with the first dungeon reassure plate stone doors but apparently the pressure plates under the inn in the first town in the basement also have the same problem. you can put things on it, stand on it, it just doesn't do anything.

I have over 90 hours with Divinity original sin 1 and was about to quit once I learned how broken late game spells were, making my hardest difficulty run a joke. never needing to use crafting or potions. this is why I installed this mod, but without pressure plates working I'm afraid I will run into game breaking bugs that don't allow me to finish some quests later on.

at the very least is there a console cheat code that will allow me to go through walls or teleport wherever I want in the game? this will allow me to ignore pressure plates and not be stuck wherever.

Support
Support

In some circumstances you can drag and drop teleporter pyramids into otherwise inaccessible locations (sometimes you need a grate or window, etc, but in can go through smaller gaps or some doors).
In general,
drop a teleporter pyramid on the ground, left click drag the teleporter, right click to 'cancel', move the cursor where you want the pyramid to go and release the left mouse button. This should toss the pyramid through walls, etc; not sure if the normal distance range applies (I only tried this after I saw it mentioned in a forum post).

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Raze

In some circumstances you can drag and drop teleporter pyramids into otherwise inaccessible locations (sometimes you need a grate or window, etc, but in can go through smaller gaps or some doors).
In general,
drop a teleporter pyramid on the ground, left click drag the teleporter, right click to 'cancel', move the cursor where you want the pyramid to go and release the left mouse button. This should toss the pyramid through walls, etc; not sure if the normal distance range applies (I only tried this after I saw it mentioned in a forum post).

this fixes the problem of moving into areas, but what about something like that immaculate trial? you need to put different items on the preasure plates but without those working how am I to advance the quest?

this is the most screw up I ever seen in any mod, and the mod author of epic encounters won't do anything about this. so either I'm having the wrong game version or something or I don't know what to do. this is a game breaking bug smirk (how do I check what game version I got? and what is the latest one? incase GOG actually didn't update my game to the latest patch version)

Support
Support

For the immaculate trial, a handful of people have run into this problem with the pressure plates not reacting to weight placed on them; I don't recall if any were using the Epic Encounters mod. However, bypassing the barrier that solving the weight puzzle removes would allow you to continue normally with the other trials (I tested this through to the end of the trial a couple times, in saves where this was the only place where pressure plates didn't work).

The latest game version is 2.0.119.430, as shown in the main menu. If you are using Galaxy, select the game in the left column, click More and select Settings, and either automatic updates will be enabled or a specific version will be selected (for example, there is an issue with the latest Chinese localization update that removes the novice/expert/master indicators from skill tooltips; if you don't need the Chinese localization, you can revert to '2.0.119.430 (A)').

stranger
OP Offline
stranger

For the immaculate trial, a handful of people have run into this problem with the pressure plates not reacting to weight placed on them; I don't recall if any were using the Epic Encounters mod. However, bypassing the barrier that solving the weight puzzle removes would allow you to continue normally with the other trials (I tested this through to the end of the trial a couple times, in saves where this was the only place where pressure plates didn't work).

The latest game version is 2.0.119.430, as shown in the main menu. If you are using Galaxy, select the game in the left column, click More and select Settings, and either automatic updates will be enabled or a specific version will be selected (for example, there is an issue with the latest Chinese localization update that removes the novice/expert/master indicators from skill tooltips; if you don't need the Chinese localization, you can revert to '2.0.119.430 (A)').

thank you, this is good to know.

I have the correct version apparently, also for some weird reason stone plates started to work again, at least I did not encounter any problem other than the stone plates of the large stone doors in the first dungeon, but these were bugged in vanilla as well (I used pyramids to reach the boss) for some unknown reason I can now also light or turn off objects by pressing them (like a candle for example) non of these worked before. only explanation I found is maybe I get to a point in the main quest that triggered something?

Support
Support

A handful of people reported the pressure plates in the tutorial cave not working (generally random and they would work in a new game), but I don't recall other reports of candles not working.
Hopefully it was just a glitch with that area.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger

A handful of people reported the pressure plates in the tutorial cave not working (generally random and they would work in a new game), but I don't recall other reports of candles not working.
Hopefully it was just a glitch with that area.

honestly if I was smarter I would just finish my over 100 hours of the vanilla DOS EE playthrough and just move to the second game (finally!!) but I'm stuck with the first game, I just believe it can be better with epic mod XD

Link Copied to Clipboard