Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#654867 22/08/19 06:34 PM
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
https://out.reddit.com/t3_ctxft7?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.twitch.tv%2Fvideos%2F470352747&token=AQAACedeXaxp3s_M3wWBqqahQwISb-d-4iskx3O6ywTVOWw0fkPJ&app_name=reddit.com

In the play tests for Artificers Artificers from Lantan are mentioned, so do you think the Artificer could be in BG 3? If not right away what about in an Expansion?
And what About Shifters, Changeling, Kalashatar, Warforged? I know that Shifters were introduced to FR in 4e's Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide, and there is a Changeling prototype Template in FR in 3.5e. Kalashtar in the Forgotten Realms had a Dragon Articial (basically two people merged by the Spellplague).

enthusiast
enthusiast
Why should any of these races except the shifters even be at the sword coast? Why do you want Eberon stuff in the forgotten Realms?

S
veteran
veteran
S
Because eberron is strictly a better setting than forgotten realms.
or dark sun, or nentir vale, or planescape, or spelljammer, or greyhawk.... yeah ok im going off on a tangent here.

Anyway, i dont expect eberron stuff in BG3, i expect everything from the Players Manual and mabye some choice other things, Eberron stuff does exist in FR, for the most part, mostly due to 5E pushing FR even more into kitchen sink territory than it already was, but usually nowhere near the swordcoast and not very prominently

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Hawke
Why should any of these races except the shifters even be at the sword coast? Why do you want Eberon stuff in the forgotten Realms?

Kalashtar and Changelings (sort of) are already in the Forgotten Realms. It's the same with the Centaurs, Minotaurs, Loxo, from Guildmasters Guide to Ravnica, FR has those races so why both have them in the game.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Sordak
Because eberron is strictly a better setting than forgotten realms.
or dark sun, or nentir vale, or planescape, or spelljammer, or greyhawk.... yeah ok im going off on a tangent here.

Anyway, i dont expect eberron stuff in BG3, i expect everything from the Players Manual and mabye some choice other things, Eberron stuff does exist in FR, for the most part, mostly due to 5E pushing FR even more into kitchen sink territory than it already was, but usually nowhere near the swordcoast and not very prominently

FR is the greatest D&D setting. And sticking stuff from other setting into FR started long before 5e. 3e adding Tieflings, Aasimar, Goliath, Raptorans, and Genasi from Planescape, 4e added Dragonborn, Infernal Style Tieflings, Dave's, 4e style Shadar Kai.

And hate the term kitchen sink setting, I prefer Immigration Evovling Setting. There are really good reasons why the Forgotten Realms are the most popular beloved and successful setting in D&D.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard