Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#654910 24/08/19 11:59 PM
EcoRed Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Apologies if this is a double up - I've done a search and cannot see this listed elsewhere.

I yesterday bought Divinity Original Sin: Enhanced Edition from the digital sale in PS Store. I am in Australia. However, I've noticed that any time in-game when you go down a level or change scenes the sound fx cuts out. Researching this online, I've noticed this is a bug going back to 2016! I've reached out to Larian Studios on Twitter but to no avail as of yet. I am frustrated that this is an ongoing faulty product - I would not have bought it had I known the sound would cut out every playthrough and ruin the immersion. How do I go about getting this remedied?

Would rather not have to seek a refund here...

EcoRed #654913 25/08/19 12:37 AM
Support
Support

Saving and restarting the game should get the sound effects working again, or they should eventually return on their own.
This was reported before the last update, though at the time the known cases were rare and primarily in specific locations; the cause was determined, but not in time for a fix to make it into the last update.

EcoRed #654916 25/08/19 06:54 AM
This or a similar Bug also plagues the Linux version of DOS:EE, mostly in fights, on a very regular basis (every 2nd to 3rd fight in my experience, more often in longer ones). It is very sad that there mosty probably won't be a bugfix for this, since it is very annoying to lose the sound, and then having to save and load just to fix this every time. Just saying, to add my voice to the choir for a fix on all platforms.

EcoRed #654918 25/08/19 06:59 AM
EcoRed Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thanks for the responses. I've raised the issue with Sony and also tweeted this out to Larian. However i've noticed many have done the same and it has fallen on deaf ears. Why this would be allowed I am unsure - it ruins immersion I must say and its a real shame. Might just go back to Pillars.

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard