Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Jess Offline OP
Larian Alumni
OP Offline
Larian Alumni
Hello everybody!

We have two pieces of exciting news to talk about today.

First, today marks the release of a new Gift Bag: Song of Nature. There are thousands of mods out there but some have proven to be quite popular within our team and we decided to turn them into game features. Full credit for this goes to each and every mod-maker we reached out to for this to come to light. We've tried to do their ideas justice by fully integrating them into the game and developing them further. There is now a special entry in the in-game menu from which you can access all these features and the list will be extended with future Gift Bags, with original content to come.

Secondly, we have some massive news for you. If you happen to own a Nintendo Switch, then you’ll be able to take all your hundreds of hours of gameplay on the go from today. Divinity: Original Sin 2 has just been released on the Nintendo E-Shop, and it comes not only with all of the Gift Bags you’ve enjoyed on Steam, but also cross-save progression between the Switch and Steam.

It works pretty simply: once you buy DOS2 from the E-Shop and load up the game, you’ll be asked if you want to link to Steam. If you choose to, it’ll automatically grab your saves from the elusive and impenetrable Steam cloud (you’ll see how we managed this next week), and your save will be playable on the Switch. It works vice-versa, too. Finished with a game? It’ll upload the save back into the cloud. You’ll need to be connected to the internet as well as Nintendo’s online service, but you’ll need that anyway if you’re venturing into four player coop on the Switch (which is totally possible!)

We’re extremely proud to be able to bring this to the players in cooperation with Nintendo and Valve who helped us plug everything together.

As a reminder, if you're looking for exclusive updates on all things Larian, Divinity and Baldur's Gate 3, make sure you sign up to the Larian Gazette at the following link: Larian Gazette Sign Up

Happy adventures through Rivellon,
Larian Crew

Gift Bag 2 features

Crafter's Kit
Plenty of new recipes and unique items to craft!

Endless Runner
Find a new icon in your Hotbar which you can use to toggle sprint on and off. Sprint increases your movement speed of your party and the movement speed of your followers.

Animal Empathy
Allows all player characters to talk to animals without having to spend a talent point. Also Changes Pet Pal talent to grant maximum positive attitude in all conversations with animals.

Fort Joy Magic Mirror
Manifests a Magic Mirror in the Arena of Fort Joy, along with a new Character Creation level. This allows you to respec before moving on to the next act of the game.

8 Action Points
Increases the base maximum Action Points of hero characters to 8.

Herb Gardens
Plant your own herb garden! Take any herb and combine it with a bucket to create a seedling. Then just place your seedling in the ground and watch it grow.
We will have additional Gift Bags of free and cool content for you in the coming months, too!

Special thanks to Helaene, Kalavinka, LadyCassandra, Rockfire, LaughingLeader, SimranZenov, Elvasat, Baardvaark, JonTerp, DeadlyEssence01 and The Composer for creating the awesome mods these features were inspired by.

In addition to the Gift Bag content, there are a number of fixes included in the patch today. These cover:

Bug Fixes:
- Fixed rare crash when using the Magic Mirror in multiplayer
- Fixed rare crash when returning to the Main Menu from Story
- Fixed issue with conjuring Incarnates on electrified water surfaces
- Fixed some inconsistencies between in-game models and portraits
- Fixed skills not staying on hotbar after being unmemorized
- Fixed character portraits getting stuck to the cursor in certain situations
- Fixed rare chance of player indefinitely boosting stats while in multiplayer
- Fixed rare issue with turn order after player gets knocked down
- Fixed several small UI issues
- Fixed small text and name issues
- Fixed minor visual and audio issues

stranger
stranger
The switch announcement feels so good. That I can continue progress is even better. Wow!
Will there be a retail release? I do like to trade game carts with my GF/friends, but either way we just need to get on this.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Quick question. I just bought the game on Switch and am looking for the local multiplayer option. I can across Hotseat Arena, but I really want to play the campaign cooperatively with a friend on a single console. On your Nintendo eShop page, the following selling point is listed:

• Supports two player split-screen multiplayer, or online play for up to four friends.

Is Hotseat Arena mode it? Is there in fact no local co-op mode for the Switch version of Divinity: Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition?

Last edited by Ryvaeus; 05/09/19 03:55 AM. Reason: Formatting
Support
Support

That is a mistake on the store page; Nintendo has been contacted, and this should hopefully be fixed soon.

Last edited by Raze; 05/09/19 09:14 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
This is great to hear, but that doesn't mean I'll stop asking for potential story based giftbags and ranting theories like a dreamer who's eaten ten barrels of sugar.

journeyman
journeyman
Wow, Larian, wow... I'm legit in shock right now.

Literally last night, LITERALLY LAST NIGHT, I was download mods for a new run this weekend. Specifically. I downloaded the more crafting, toggle sprint, free pet pal talent, Fort Joy respec mirror and 8 AP mods... I go to work and come back to find a new patch just added that all in as well as the Switch announcement that is playable right now.

Larian, you're now my favourite developers of all time, everything you do is amazing... I have no words to describe how amazing you all are.

veteran
veteran
Wow this is surprising.

I actually use the Crafting Overhaul (Elvesat), Free Pet Pal (Lady Cassandra), and Fort Joy Respec Mirror (Kalavinka, LaughingLeader) as some of the few mods I use.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Stabbey
Wow this is surprising.

I actually use the Crafting Overhaul (Elvesat), Free Pet Pal (Lady Cassandra), and Fort Joy Respec Mirror (Kalavinka, LaughingLeader) as some of the few mods I use.

Same. I haven't used many mods at all (I mean except for my usual "I want better shoes!" thing) but there's an interesting overlap with the half dozen or fewer mods I have installed in that it's four of those named.

I mean contrasted with the Bethsoft games where I'd often have hundreds of mods installed and extremely cautiously corralled: as much as I've even bothered to document some of them in detail I'm just left hoping I never have cause to reinstall from scratch again... :o

J'aime le fromage.
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
I like the changes but, at the risk of seeming a bit dim, how do you exit fleetfoot?

I
stranger
stranger
I
I double-dipped and bought both the PC version and the Switch version last night because you did this.

I loved DoS 1 and wanted to play DoS 2, but my lifestyle changed enough where I was rarely at home. This solves the issue nicely.

Thank you, Larian.

Last edited by IBNobody; 05/09/19 03:48 PM.
stranger
stranger
Hello. I want to buy Divinity on the nintendo switch. Is Polish available in switch edition?

Support
Support

Unfortunately, since the system language on Switch does not support Polish, and that is how the language for the game is determined on console, Polish is not available on Switch. I'll check if it is possible a workaround for that may be added at some point.

Last edited by Raze; 06/09/19 08:33 AM.
stranger
stranger
Thanks for your answers. How can i change the language? I can't find option.

Support
Support

I edited my post above.

stranger
stranger
This is sad information :-( Thanks anyway.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Raze

Unfortunately, since the system language on Switch does not support Polish, and that is how the language for the game is determined on console, Polish is not available on Switch. I'll check if it is possible a workaround for that may be added at some point.

I know its not trivial, but PLEASE add in-game language selection and polish language for switch version. Many games support polish language on switch. please please please wink

Last edited by vometia; 10/09/19 08:18 AM. Reason: formatting
Hello, first of all let me thank you guys for the countless hours spent in your games. I absolutely love the Divinity series.

I was super happy to see the gift pack, but have to admit I was a bit disappointed when I saw that achievements are disabled when playing with Larian modifications. I still have achievements to do, and I love Divinity Original Sin 2 so much that I want 100% completion on it! Can you please consider curating the mods that you have selected for Larian modifications, and deciding if they upset the game balance too much or not? For example, the +8 AP mod absolutely makes the game easier, so it should disable achievements. I haven't tried Herb garden and the new item recipes, but it would be great if there were SOME mods that we could enable without disabling achievements.

I think that Larian approved mods could be a great addition to the game and I'd definitely be more interested in trying mods if there were some that didn't disable achis! By the time I'm at 100%, I hope you guys will have released the next game in the series! ;)

Keep on being awesome!

stranger
stranger
Hey Guys :D
I only registred to ask some questions for the Mods :D
Because i really love this game and the community which make the game to what it is.
There are so many cool and nice working mods out there for this game.
So here is my Question, do you tink it is doable, that we can use the steam Workshop mods on steam?
Or maybe you can make the class mods useable? There are so many nice useable class mods out there.
Or does anybody knows? I am so excited and i will buy the game again to play it with my friends on the switch :D
Hope that there will be many mods which will come time after time. This would be so great :D
We played the game on PC and on PS4. But more on the PC because of all these mods. Thisway it would be really really cool :D
So guys, cya then and keep playing :D

Support
Support

Unfortunately, workshop mods are not supported on Switch.

stranger
stranger
But could this not an option to port them for the switch? Like the 8 AP mod and so on? laugh
Ich would buy them if its needed laugh

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon, Seter 

Link Copied to Clipboard