Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
W
stranger
stranger
W
I guess stealing items from shops also would be the case then? If I leave the items in their place then they won't count towards the item limit. So stealing a plate or spoon or bottles or things of not much value etc should be avoided. Better to keep them around for decoration...

What about crates, baskets or chests. If I interact with them at all does it create them as an item or only if I pick them up?

Support
Support

I don't know if items placed in shops are local or global by default; it is safer to avoid picking up low value items if you do not need them.
Containers are already items. Again, I'm not sure if they are local or global by default, but crate and barrel collecting didn't come up as a pattern before the limit was raised (unlike trading and crafting), so it probably isn't a significant effect, if it makes a difference at all.

W
stranger
stranger
W
How about upgrading items? Using whetstone on swords, adding essence, bow strings, using hammer or anvil on items. Does the upgrade process (new better item) create a new item handle as well?

Support
Support

Yes, a new item is created to replace the old one(s) when crafting and upgrading.

W
stranger
stranger
W
What about repairing items? Does that create a new item handle? If so I guess repairing should be avoided until the item is almost broken then.

Support
Support

I don't think repairing items requires a new handle. It isn't replacing the item, just changing the value of a stat.

stranger
stranger
Might be a couple years late to the conversation--but from the sounds of things, leaving the game on for too long and/or crafting too much will shut down my game. I have this problem, BIG TIME, and it's starting sound like I should make new characters who don't give a cheese about crafting so my game doesn't crash.

Support
Support

Unfortunately, if you have done a lot of crafting and the behaviour matches, this is indeed likely the problem.
With a new game, just being more selective with looting and crafting should help. There are local items (specific to that level) that are not assigned a handle until a character picks them up (which makes them a global item), and just focusing on the more effective crafting will limit handle usage. Being more familiar with the game mechanics would let you be more effective and play more efficiently, as well, until you caught back up to where you are now.

stranger
stranger
You are so sweet for getting back to me, and startlingly fast! What a class act you are, Raze. Thank you.

I was a little bit obsessed with stockpiling a ton of crafted items--elemental arrows in particular. We've switched gears, and now I like our characters even more, if I may say so myself. I still craft a tiny bit, but mostly the arrows I can't live without. Knockdown arrows are my favorite, I think.

stranger
stranger
I should add, I'm very pleased to have encountered this problem before ever doing anything outside of Cyseal (spelled correctly, I hope...) Looks like some folks got their hearts broken over this issue, which I'm happy to have avoided. This game is sweet.

Support
Support

Thank you for the update; I'm glad restarting worked out ok for you.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard