Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#655800 26/09/19 06:29 AM
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
As title says, what's a good rule of thumb for hybrid characters?

old hand
old hand
Depends on how many abilities you consider absolute "must-have" on that character no matter the situation. There are plenty of variants of a "hybrid" character and they have different numbers of "essential tools".

Memory slots in most cases just provide you peace of mind, as it makes it less likely that you are thrown into a sudden fight without the right tools. In the worst case scenario, you can simply reload and re-memorize. Except for the toughest fights that drag on for hours, you won't ever get to use every single one of the abilities you memorize.

If you constantly find yourself wishing you had memorized this or that instead of that or this, or

If you can't stand the hassle of reloading and re-preparing your toolbox for incoming fights,

then get another 2-3 slots.

Last edited by Try2Handing; 26/09/19 05:08 PM. Reason: oops

"We make our choices and take what comes and the rest is void."
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Thank you. I'm about halfway through Chapter 2 and I feel I've barely scratched the surface of the game's mechanics.

veteran
veteran
Every point into Memory is one fewer point into more damage. BUT sometimes the right utility skill can save a fight for you that you would otherwise lose. So It's a gut decision, really.

Take a good look at your complete list of skills. Are there skills you have memorized which you don't use? Unmemorize those. Are there skills you don't have memorized you think "I really need this"? Memorize that. Make a round of the skill vendors and see if they have any skills you think you could use?

After looking at all your possible skills you still think "I definitely need more skills", then add a couple points. I have a (probably bad) habit of not allocating 2 of my attribute points just in case I decide I need more Memory slots right now.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard