Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
jban991 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hello,

some time ago I bought the switch version of DOS2. I then didn't know I'll be getting a PC, so when the game prompted me to link steam profile I ignored it (I also believe it said I'll be able to do it later). I then proceeded to play the game on switch (46 hours in at the moment).

Two days ago I bought a windows laptop and decided to start using the cross save game feature. I bought and downloaded the game via steam and tried to get my switch games to appear in the PC version. Unfortunately I'm not able to enable the "Use saves from steam" option on my NS. I'm getting a following error: "An unexpected error has occurred. Cross-saves will be disabled."

I tried the following:

- clearing the switch cache by going to System -> Formatting options -> Clear cache
- removing all the saves on switch except for the last one (version 3.6.49.2201)
- clearing the LevelCache folder on PC
- trying multiple times to link the steam account
- creating a dummy save game on PC (and then removing it)

So my question is, am I doomed because I started the game on switch instead on PC?

Thanks for any help in advance :)

Cheers!

jban991 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
After posting this I actually created an empty save game again on the PC version, and the whole thing started working!

Support
Support

Thank you for the update. I'll mention a couple of other things, in case anyone has similar issues and finds this in a search.

On PC, other than restarting the game, there are a couple of ways you can confirm what saves have been synced online.
In Windows, the program Steam Cloud File Manager Lite (download) can list, download, delete or upload saves. You need to be logged in to the Steam client and have the game's AppID (435150).
When logged in to Steam in a browser, the remote storage page will let you see what files are in cloud storate (this will also let you download saves, but you would need to manually rename them, as Steam combines the path and name together for the online name).

One person who couldn't enable Steam syncing had their saves listed online, but not the profile files. Creating a second profile in Steam got it to sync both online, and the Switch was able to sync.

If not all saves are synced online, or Switch saves will sync to PC but not back again, it may help to clear your Steam client cloud cache.
Exit out of Steam, in the Steam install folder browse to the 'userdata' folder and find the game's folder ('435150'; it will be in a numbered folder which is different for each user), then delete the 'remote' folder and remotecache.vdf file there, restart Steam and then D:OS 2. If there are multiple Steam ID folders with '435150' subfolders, delete the contents of each.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<SteamID>\435150

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard