Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi, been trying out D:OS Enhanced Edition on Steam for a bit and it randomly crashes from right at the start, to the middle of the game. Here's the error I get from the Event Viewer screen.

The program EoCApp.exe version 2.0.119.430 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
Process ID: 3214
Start Time: 01d595df9eec520b
Termination Time: 60000
Application Path: E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\Shipping\EoCApp.exe
Report Id: b4771772-9909-43f0-8c19-cff10d2ed209
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Hang type: Unknown

I've verified the local files, shut down all non-essential programs, lowered the graphics and resolution, disabled V-Sync, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Support
Support

Did lowering the graphics settings seem to make any difference to the frequency of the crashes? Did you try switching to Windowed or Fake Fullscreen display mode, to see if that would make a difference?

Try exiting out of the Steam client, and starting the game directly from the '..\SteamApps\common\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\Shipping\EoCApp.exe' program file, by right clicking and running as administrator.

Try doing a clean boot and then test the game. Click Start, or hit WinKey-R, type in msconfig and hit enter; in the General tab, click Selective Startup, uncheck Load startup items (if required) and leave Load system services and Use original boot configuration options checked. Next, click on the Services tab, check the box to Hide all Microsoft services, then click the Disable All button (maybe make a note of which are currently enabled/disabled), then click OK and reboot the computer.
Run msconfig again to switch back to the normal boot configuration.

If there are any 'CrashDump' files being created in the '..\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\Shipping' folder, please zip a few together and email supportdos@larian.com (or email/post/PM a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc).

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Update 1: I've tried all of those things at the same time, and I haven't experienced any crashes in an hour of playing around (because I'm saving it for co-op). I suspect that the problem is mostly due to my graphics card (Radeon 530) acting up, but I'll try again with the graphics card and see if it crashes again. Thanks!

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Update 2: It's 100% my graphics card that has been creating all of the crashes. I don't know how to check if my graphics card is busted, but I won't be using it for Divinity at least. Oh well.

Support
Support

Ideally, with a desktop system you can confirm if the video card is the problem by swapping in a different card and seeing if that fixes it, and testing your current card in a different system, to see if it reproduces the problem. Similar problems in other game, or the problem getting worse over time would tend to suggest hardware problems, as well.

For a laptop, or without another video card or system to test with (if it is still under warranty the place you bought it may be able to test it), you can test with video benchmarking programs, or the system manufacturer may have a diagnostic program on their support site.

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard